www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 02-02-20, 03:09   #6191
New Dwight
Professor

has Konami given the green flag already?
didnt Gans have a a time trying get their initial green light for SH '06?
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-20, 03:17   #6192
LaraCablara
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulojr_mam View Post
I don't even consider it a reimagination of Silent Hill 1, it has absolutely nothing to do with that game in any way, shape, or form, other than the characters having the same name. If it wasn't called Silent Hill no one would find the connection, it's even less Silent Hill than Reboot Tomb Raider is Tomb Raider! And if they didn't say it was a reimagination of SH1 and it didn't have the names of SH1's characters, no one would make that connection.
I really like Shattered Memories Like, a lot. The chase sequences were kind of meh and the game was not scary in the same way the others were, but it had a really nice atmosphere to it and combined with the visual direction it was all really unsettling and sad. It stuck with me as much as the first three games. An icy take on the otherworld was actually a cool idea.

From what I remember the original concept for the game was very different and unrelated to Silent Hill 1.

https://lostmediawiki.com/Silent_Hil...ror_game;_2007)

Even if its a "bad" Silent Hill game its very underrated as a video game in general.

Last edited by LaraCablara; 02-02-20 at 03:19.
LaraCablara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-20, 04:54   #6193
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Well the third movie has been confirmed to be worked on. And this time they got the director from the first movie. No wonder the second movie was ****, they changed directors.

Hopefully it will be as good as the first movie and brings back the feeling of the first movie.
Old 02-02-20, 07:20   #6194
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

A lot of the issues with the movie of SH2 was that the majority of the budget went to the gimmicky 3D equipment to film the movie. I vaguely recall a lot of scenes and stuff being scrapped bc it just wasnít in the budget anymore.

Thatís why the pacing feels so fast and the movie kinda flies by before you can really grasp anything itís trying to tell you.

But I will say the writing and story they tried to tell just wasnít that good either.
Old 02-02-20, 14:11   #6195
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
A lot of the issues with the movie of SH2 was that the majority of the budget went to the gimmicky 3D equipment to film the movie. I vaguely recall a lot of scenes and stuff being scrapped bc it just wasnít in the budget anymore.

Thatís why the pacing feels so fast and the movie kinda flies by before you can really grasp anything itís trying to tell you.

But I will say the writing and story they tried to tell just wasnít that good either.
I agree, they completely butchered the Silent Hill 3 story they were doing and that animated fight between Pyramid Head and whatever it was, can't remember, was so cringy to me. Silent Hill 3 has a great story itself and they should have stuck to it.

They also didn't explain how Cheryl escaped Silent Hill since the first movie showed that her and her mother were still trapped in the alternate reality.
Old 02-02-20, 18:00   #6196
rewak
Professor

Here's a quote from Michael J Bassett, the director of Revelation

"With Silent Hill the mistake I made, I think, was trying to be too true to the game plots." https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/26...ghtmare-dance/

Let that sink in
rewak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-20, 18:02   #6197
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Talk about doing yourself no favours.
Old 03-02-20, 12:27   #6198
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
I agree, they completely butchered the Silent Hill 3 story they were doing and that animated fight between Pyramid Head and whatever it was, can't remember, was so cringy to me. Silent Hill 3 has a great story itself and they should have stuck to it.

They also didn't explain how Cheryl escaped Silent Hill since the first movie showed that her and her mother were still trapped in the alternate reality.
Pretty sure they did... but it was bare bones at best.. think they used the Seal?

The first movie was hardly a masterpiece anyway - replacing Harry with Sharon to be 'relatable' coz men can't be parents apparently!
What a load of bull..
dcw123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-20, 13:49   #6199
rewak
Professor

Sort of but not quite, it's another thing that's been taken out of context and warped into a complaint. They wanted to focus on motherhood as the theme of the movie, Rose as the mother of Sharon, Dahlia as the mother of Alessa, Christabella as a mother figure to her flock, etc. That's why the whole "mother is God in the eyes of a child" thing was in there. The studio actually mandated that Christopher get more scenes in the movie because they thought movie goers wouldn't sit through a movie entirely cast with women.

Last edited by rewak; 03-02-20 at 13:50.
rewak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-20, 17:56   #6200
DragonSlayer
Professor

I'm looking forward to the next movie I loved the first and liked the second even though it wasn't as good as the first.

My favourite scene from the second movie is the carousel scene when Heather tells her evil twin to go to hell and the twin replies can't you see it we're already here.

My favourite creature from the second movie the mannequin creature not as scary as Pyramid Head, more creepy than scary.

The only thing I disliked about the movie was how little Radha Mitchell was in it, she should have been in it more than just the one scene she was in.

I hope they bring back Adelaide Clemens for the movie, she was the only good thing about the second movie and she did the best she could with the material she had to work with.

It would be great if they could get Jodelle Ferland to come back even if she was playing a different character I'd still like to see her in it, it would also be great if they could get Radha Mitchell to come back too.

Who else would you like to see in the new movie?

I'd like to see Maika Monroe in the next movie, the demon that followed her throughout It Follows would be a normal everyday thing in Silent Hill.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote