Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Last Revelation

Old 15-09-21, 04:40   #61
mizuno_suisei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
I thought someone already did that. I mean, I've seen a video somewhere on youtube of a ps1 conversion.
Found 2 video results indeed but none have any context or links
mizuno_suisei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-21, 11:12   #62
TheBlueFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
Hey BlueFox. Been doing some googling today but have come short. Popped into my head this morning - The Playable Tutorial Level that comes with the TRLE. tut1.tr4

Would this little gem be a contender for a PSX build?
I used this level as a tutorial on how to convert your levels to PS1 on another thread: Tomb Raider - Level Editor PS1. I've released the files used in the tutorial including the "TUT1.PSX". Just search for GAMEWAD_ASM.rar in the link.

However the level is not bundled in a gamewad file. To make a gamewad.obj with a playable tut1 level just extract the contents of the rar and create a .bat file with the following lines:
vasmx86_std -Fbin -o GAMEWAD.OBJ gamewad.s

I would also like to clarify that I've started working recently, so I won't have much free time to work on projects like Times Exclusive on PS1 or any other anytime soon.

Last edited by TheBlueFox; 15-09-21 at 11:19.
TheBlueFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-21, 22:32   #63
mizuno_suisei

You legend. Thankyou!
Old 21-09-21, 11:13   #64
scion05

So in theory, TRLE levels can be converted to PSX? Would love play my favourites on my Anbernic.
scion05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-21, 22:36   #65
TheBlueFox

Yes, TRLE levels can be converted to PS1, with some limitations, of course. If you really want to give a try just follow the tutorial linked in my post above that you will find a complete tutorial on how to do this.
TheBlueFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-22, 17:09   #66
Devalaous

How many extra official levels does TR4 have anyway? Times Exclusive is the big one, there's the aforementioned TRLE tutorial one, I know there's a demo disc that has a very different lost library in it, so that's at least three. I'd ideally like a collection of things on one disc, as one level is a tad awkward
Devalaous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-22, 01:20   #67
mizuno_suisei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devalaous View Post
How many extra official levels does TR4 have anyway? Times Exclusive is the big one, there's the aforementioned TRLE tutorial one, I know there's a demo disc that has a very different lost library in it, so that's at least three. I'd ideally like a collection of things on one disc, as one level is a tad awkward
This is actually a pretty decent thought! A combo of the times exclusive, then the playable TRLE tutorial level. The lost library demos may be a miss though due to the earlier game engine.