www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 09-03-19, 14:48   #14251
TrustyBow
Professor

Black Panther certainly didn't help either. It sucks how much potential was lost with this movie.
Old 09-03-19, 14:52   #14252
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
Black Panther certainly didn't help either. It sucks how much potential was lost with this movie.
That is true as well. A summer release would have been better, perhaps. It is becoming the less crowded time of the year...
Old 09-03-19, 14:56   #14253
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

I think honestly if Captain Marvel does really well WB might give it another shot if GET THIS they get Dwortet as a writer again which is funny as that was the weakest part of the film but her initial ideas which she admitted got pasted into Captain Marvel had a fantastic outcome.

The pitch would sell itself "From the writer of Captain Marvel"... "HER. LEGEND. CONTINUES" etc.

I know some of you will see Captain Marvel and think TR was superior and that's all well and good but we're a niche fanbase but CM is having amazing box office, amazing reviews and AH-MAZ-ING cinemascore and I have to say the film is full of energy throughout, it never dips at all and there were moments with Temples and caves there was a Tomb Raider feeling.

Last edited by GeekOfComedy; 09-03-19 at 15:01.
GeekOfComedy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-19, 15:06   #14254
TrustyBow
Professor

^^ Yeah thats why I was wondering if this announcement had anything to do with Captain Marvel recently coming out. I'm also surprised they don't have a screenwriter yet, as I would assume Geneva would come back. Not that I'm the biggest fan of that prospect.
Old 09-03-19, 15:12   #14255
FanosCroft
Professor

I really hope they adapt Rises story and eviroments 👀
Old 09-03-19, 16:16   #14256
Amunet
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
^^ Yeah thats why I was wondering if this announcement had anything to do with Captain Marvel recently coming out. I'm also surprised they don't have a screenwriter yet, as I would assume Geneva would come back. Not that I'm the biggest fan of that prospect.
Maybe Geneva isn't interested in returning for the sequel. After all, her script for TR was heavily altered and maybe she prefers to have more control over it. Idk.
Old 09-03-19, 16:19   #14257
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

I would say that they could get her back and change the tone which might fit her writing style better. Also Evan Daugherty came up with the initial story that they used for the film so she may have been constrained to follow that.
Old 09-03-19, 16:29   #14258
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
I would say that they could get her back and change the tone which might fit her writing style better. Also Evan Daugherty came up with the initial story that they used for the film so she may have been constrained to follow that.
I knew it was KINDA doomed the day the legal text on the website changed and his name popped up.

Also when Tomb Raider came out coughDisneycough had Geneva do a lot of press interviews where they all had undertones of all the dialogue I scripted was re-written by Alistair Siddons.
GeekOfComedy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-19, 16:45   #14259
TrustyBow
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunet View Post
Maybe Geneva isn't interested in returning for the sequel. After all, her script for TR was heavily altered and maybe she prefers to have more control over it. Idk.
Oh I mean I feel like her creativity would be even more constrained with Marvel, knowing how they work. At the studio level shes at, theres very little room for creativity with screenwriters. She probably just writes what the producers tell her.

Honestly, I'm glad her original draft for TR got rewritten. It was awful imo. The final product isn't great but its a huge improvement from that initial draft.

They need to give the movie to a more experienced director and have them write the script. Jason Reitman would be my ideal pick.

Last edited by TrustyBow; 09-03-19 at 16:54.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-19, 18:12   #14260
FanosCroft
Professor

So at the end of the movie where Lara browse thru those papers it tell that Ana was last seen in London - Syria - Siberia, does this confirms that the sequel will adapt Rise wig