Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 27-08-20, 19:15   #17251
Em20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
I have blocked her anyway her usual negativity isn't what I need, especially now.
I did the same thing a while ago, and being here now is more peaceful and pleasant than before
Em20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-20, 21:16   #17252
SoraSakai
Inactive

So this isn’t the general tomb raider movie discussion thread then? Oki Doki. My bad.
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-20, 03:13   #17253
Avalon SARL

I believe they try figure a way and film it soon indoors and make it CGI heavy and release it on streaming services like what Disney and Universal are currently doing.

Waiting will damage its mass appeal.
Avalon SARL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-20, 04:13   #17254
SoraSakai
Inactive

Unfortunately MGM doesn’t really have the financial resources to achieve that. There will be no more updates on it. Eventually everyone will forget about it and move on. If there is an update on it, it would be to announce its cancellation but film studios rarely announce cancellations as it looks bad for investors/share holders of the company.

It’s always better to let stuff like this quietly fade into nothing.
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-20, 09:02   #17255
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon SARL View Post
I believe they try figure a way and film it soon indoors and make it CGI heavy and release it on streaming services like what Disney and Universal are currently doing.

Waiting will damage its mass appeal.
I don't think they will play the streaming services game MGM aren't Disney but maybe they can release it in theater and then in digital like BOP for exemple.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-20, 09:29   #17256
Tonyrobinson

As much as they state this is a marquee franchise for them; MGM have moved pretty much the majority of their future projects and are in more advanced stages of others. Right now it isn't a priority but I still think that's only because of Covid.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-20, 09:43   #17257
PinkyPromise

MGM will shoot TR when they shoot movies again. It's very simple.

We must forget that TR will be filmed this year. Everything is being postponed. Scream 5 for example that was going to be filmed in 2020 will now be filmed in 2021.

The studies will wait. MGM is even considering delaying James Bond ... it's a situation of uncertainty. But I am clear that when they start filming TR will be the first one they film. MGM has nothing better to film and TR has a committed star, a script, a director and paid rights that will otherwise expire.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 29-08-20 at 09:49.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-20, 14:02   #17258
TrustyBow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
As much as they state this is a marquee franchise for them; MGM have moved pretty much the majority of their future projects and are in more advanced stages of others. Right now it isn't a priority but I still think that's only because of Covid.
Yeah I get that they themselves said that it was a valuable asset but they havent actually done anything to show it's a priority to them imo.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-20, 15:31   #17259
Avalon SARL

How can TR be a priority when they are not even going to invest some money into it to make really worthy.

The TRreboot movie had a huge budget which looked insane to me after watching the movie, but who knows... the movie industry is very expensive.

And what is WB's role in all of this?

Why aren't they involved?
They have got tons of money and can make a CGI heavy movie easily.

Unless, because they know the movies don't have this huge fanbase to bet on them for a big successful one?
Avalon SARL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-20, 18:12   #17260
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon SARL View Post
How can TR be a priority when they are not even going to invest some money into it to make really worthy.

The TRreboot movie had a huge budget which looked insane to me after watching the movie, but who knows... the movie industry is very expensive.

And what is WB's role in all of this?

Why aren't they involved?
They have got tons of money and can make a CGI heavy movie easily.

Unless, because they know the movies don't have this huge fanbase to bet on them for a big successful one?
You know the first LC TR movie was mostly paid with a system of taxes/chanel exclusivity and because Paramount AT THE START (so in 1998) didn't wanted to invest that much ?

For the reboot sequel maybe they are gonna start to see some exclusivity like Amazon/Apple/Netflix and yadayada.

Warner was only the distributor and that's all.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote