www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Old 08-09-20, 20:07   #1
LuckyEdge10
Archaeologist

Default A little look at the classic models

Thanks to aman (the person who developed the model exporter for Tomb Raider 2013), we were finally able to extract the classic models from Rise of the Tomb Raider. Here's a little thread to show how they have been reworked.

Overview:

TR1 Lara:

TR1 Lara is not actually the real TR1 Lara. Her body is, but her face mesh and texture is from TR2 Lara. This happens for Chronicles Lara too. I have no idea why Crystal Dynamics decided to do this. They were probably in a rush so they didn't bother to use their actual face textures.

TR2 Lara:

TR2 Lara is exactly the same as the skin for Temple of Osiris, you can see the texture is too. The only difference is that this one has the original braid lenght.

TR2 Coat Lara:

This one is also identical. The model is formed by two meshes: One is the main body with the same texture as the default variant, and another is the coat with its own texture. I like what they did here, they made the coat have its own texture to have more detail.

TR5 Chronicles Lara:

As mentioned above, TR5 Lara has TR2's face mesh and texture. The body is completely black (which is made shiny by the game with its shaders).

Also another thing I noticed is that the model is actually more detailed than
the original, which doesn't happen with the other models. It's very weird.

Angel of Darkness Lara:

And, for the end, we have Angel of Darkness Lara. This Lara is the same as the original, you can see it from the geometry. The only difference is that the proportions of the arms have been slightly changed so they would fit Rise Lara's skeleton. It uses the original texture from the original game.

And this is all! I hope you enjoyed this thread. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Last edited by LuckyEdge10; 08-09-20 at 20:15.
LuckyEdge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-20, 13:47   #2
Jamise_Croft
Archaeologist

This amazing raq as usual
Old 10-09-20, 03:36   #3
BlueCake
Historian

I was so pissed they didn't include any Lara from the LAU games.
BlueCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-20, 08:49   #4
Raider8
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCake View Post
I was so pissed they didn't include any Lara from the LAU games.
Me too. I miss the legend lara the most. Maybe they consider their games modern and did not include them. I'll always be thankful to them for picking laras from each classic game and acknowledged the AOD gorgeous Queen with full facial animations.
Raider8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-20, 16:40   #5
CircusBabysGal
Student

Chronicles looks so weird without the shiny effects...
Old 13-09-20, 01:20   #6
Kapu
Professor

I've always been curious about these models! It's nice to see them behind the scenes. I did notice (as I'm sure many did) that the TR1 gym outfit had the TR2 face and a custom hair mesh. And the TRC head, too. Didn't like that; Lara had quite a different look in TR4/5. But I suppose they wanted all the classic outfits to look consistent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircusBabysGal View Post
Chronicles looks so weird without the shiny effects...
You should see the original Chronicles models, instead of pure black (as it looks here), it's an ugly bright green color! Made shiny in-game, of course.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote