Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 02-12-20, 23:12   #17771
PinkyPromise

I still think that Alicia is pregnant
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-20, 23:36   #17772
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
I'm not holding out hope for that soon to be honest, we would have heard far more concrete news about the crew by now if that were the case. We aren't even sure the names that have been on Imdb this past while have been legitimate or not.

I think the summer would probably be a more likely case.
Maybe not January or February, but if other films are starting filming, then I'm guessing/hoping this could mean MGM will look into Tomb Raider again for filming too sooner than later, depending on when all involved are available and getting a new release date. Maybe it'll be a spring to summer start as originally planned, only a year later .

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
I still think that Alicia is pregnant
I've not seen any recent pics that might give a clearer idea.

Last edited by Rai; 02-12-20 at 23:39.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-20, 20:04   #17773
Tonyrobinson

WB just announced that all their films in 2021 will debut in cinemas and on their streaming service. This could change a lot of things.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-20, 20:26   #17774
Portugalraider

Quote:
WB just announced that all their films in 2021 will debut in cinemas and on their streaming service. This could change a lot of things.
Depends if WB really is back on board. Right now, only MGM is officially involved...
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-20, 20:29   #17775
Tonyrobinson

For the future of the industry in general if this works we could be seeing a lot more emphasis on streaming releases.
Old 03-12-20, 20:56   #17776
Portugalraider

Quote:
For the future of the industry in general if this works we could be seeing a lot more emphasis on streaming releases.
Oh, in that case, yes. This new WB strategy will definitely shape things for the future, either by showing if a duo theatrical+streaming release is economically viable for big blockbusters or not.

I personally don't think it will be that viable, though, at least on the long run. I can see perhaps a big boost on HBOMax subscriptions for the first few movies (starting with WW84 and Dune), but then perhaps a bit of a stagnation in number of new subscriptions. And it most definitely won't allow for possible billion dollar releases. I can see these bigger releases getting a "only on theater" campaigns down the line.
Old 10-12-20, 22:13   #17777
PinkyPromise

And to think that without Covid in just over 3 months we would be seeing the sequel in cinemas
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 23:08   #17778
Tonyrobinson

I just hope we get to see it sooner rather than later if at all with all the uncertainty atleast there is more in favour for the film getting made than against with Alicia getting involved with MGM and UAR for her TV series and producing along side them I am sure they will do eachother a favour.

Also it's likely they'll keep Ben aboard and Amy Jump because this has been their joint project through what will be two years of developement on it.
Old 11-12-20, 04:10   #17779
SoraSakai
Inactive

Yeah it’s been a while. We’re overdue for another interview where Ben Wheatley says “Yeah I dunno.”
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-20, 10:34   #17780
Portugalraider

I predict news in 1 or 2 weeks based entirely on my gut.

But regarding the possibility of the movie having a simultaneous theatre/streaming released, I think the situation is more interesting now, considering how badly received WB move was by both actors and directors of said movies.

Key thing here will be how contracts for the movie are being negotiated. We know both Ben and Alicia are okay with working with streaming platforms, if MGM and WB (if really back on board) decide to go that route. But I don't see "surprise" streaming working as smoothly now. If the movie goes to streaming at the same time as the theatrical release, it will be because everyone decided to go that way...