www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 23-08-21, 11:36   #18861
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

I still think we will probably be reading into the comic thing too much I see it more as Oh what a coincidence that we wrote both these characters rather than her taking an inspiration from the run. In fact I think and hope Obsidian will be its own original story.
Old 23-08-21, 12:23   #18862
Rai

Yeah, I think it was more of a 'what a coincidence ' comment too. However, Misha could still be inspired by Lara's characterisation in the comics, if not the stories.
Old 23-08-21, 13:05   #18863
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Lara in the reboot comics and Lara in the 2018 movie already share a similar characterized, as they are both not afraid of showing her true emotions, but also have a sharp wit that is unleashed whenever she is getting frustrated.

Misha just has to keep doing that, now with added maturity and experience that a "Lara before her first adventure" didn't have previously.
Old 23-08-21, 13:14   #18864
Rai

Wouldn't Lara's characterisation already be figured out if Misha has written the first draft? Unless of course the notes she received required some tweaking or re-writes? I presume that re-writes is the stage she's on. Maybe that was partly behind the zoom chat she had with Alicia, so she could ask her opinion on the character?
Old 23-08-21, 13:34   #18865
TrustyBow
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Wouldn't Lara's characterisation already be figured out if Misha has written the first draft? Unless of course the notes she received required some tweaking or re-writes? I presume that re-writes is the stage she's on. Maybe that was partly behind the zoom chat she had with Alicia, so she could ask her opinion on the character?
First drafts are almost always not good. I wouldn't be surprised if she just rushed through the draft to give herself proper structure and is only now focusing on things like dialogue and character development.
Old 23-08-21, 19:03   #18866
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Cinemacon has a presentation from MGM and United Artists tomorrow chances are very slim but they're talking about upcoming release schedules so maybe we might get a small mention of something, but again don't expect much.
Old 23-08-21, 19:32   #18867
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
Cinemacon has a presentation from MGM and United Artists tomorrow chances are very slim but they're talking about upcoming release schedules so maybe we might get a small mention of something, but again don't expect much.
With some luck we might have a new release date? Two years ago it was around this time when we got Ben and the old March 2021 release date...

Thinking about that release date makes me sad...
Old 29-08-21, 18:32   #18868
Rai

Quote:
Well I guess any possible mention didn't happen after all .
Old 29-08-21, 18:38   #18869
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Well I guess any possible mention didn't happen after all .
Not a note.

It's still pretty early days though let's see them ride out covid and hopefully get their ducks all in a row.
Old 29-08-21, 18:40   #18870
Avalon SARL
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Not much to go on but the latest Investor Conference from MGM mentions that Tomb Raider 2 is a new take featuring Alicia Vikander.

You can find it under the 2021 call section Q2 prepared remarks.

https://www.mgm.com/corporate/investors

Its nothing new but atleast we know its still moving ahead, also I notice they have now entirely dropped the Tomb Raider 2 moniker that they've used in all previous press releases for simply Tomb Raider so I guess it officially getting that subtitle to further distance it from being a direct sequel.
Talk about inconsistency and not knowing what the heck you are doing.

This proves none of those who work on Tomb Raider know a thing about this franchise.