Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 27-10-20, 19:31   #21
PedroTheGamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahetus View Post
20% of first level is done.

Also, Continuation will be a one level shorter beacuse I want to combine Mystical Temple with Different World to create a one long level.
the lighting is good, but I recommend you to leave the orange tones stronger, btw I loved your southPacific setting. good job

Last edited by PedroTheGamer; 27-10-20 at 19:33.
PedroTheGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-20, 19:32   #22
AshySlashy

^ I agree.
AshySlashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-20, 21:15   #23
Mahetus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroTheGamer View Post
the lighting is good, but I recommend you to leave the orange tones stronger, btw I loved your southPacific setting. good job
I will make orange lights a bit stronger as you suggest. It's really hard to make a decent lighting in tr3 because of stupid gamma (Don't know why Core Design put this in tr3). Thanks! I really appreciate your advice to the lighting it's very helpful.
Mahetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-20, 21:47   #24
PedroTheGamer

np,you're welcome
Old 29-10-20, 01:23   #25
DaroRaider

Oh finally I could finish this. Very good Mahetus. Since it's not your first project ( but yes to publish ) one can see your ability. Well, I will let you some lines behind:

Well it's personal, dark levels are much more challenging. It must be recognized that it is part of the designer to challenge a dark level to sharpen the sense of exploration. After all, that's the Tomb Raider instinct. The flares are well located, although the player must be warned not to misuse them because otherwise you can run out of any. It was not my case.

What I liked the most was "the geographical distribution" of the level, to call it somehow.
Excellent environments, and when you grab a key, you have a passage to get to the room where it must be placed, avoiding long backtrackings. That went well. There is more to highlight, but now that. Keep it up.

Here are my statistics of both levels, indeed,It took me too long to explore the areas.

PS: I just missed one secret in each level.

DaroRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-20, 11:03   #26
Mahetus

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaroRaider View Post
Oh finally I could finish this. Very good Mahetus. Since it's not your first project ( but yes to publish ) one can see your ability. Well, I will let you some lines behind:

Well it's personal, dark levels are much more challenging. It must be recognized that it is part of the designer to challenge a dark level to sharpen the sense of exploration. After all, that's the Tomb Raider instinct. The flares are well located, although the player must be warned not to misuse them because otherwise you can run out of any. It was not my case.

What I liked the most was "the geographical distribution" of the level, to call it somehow.
Excellent environments, and when you grab a key, you have a passage to get to the room where it must be placed, avoiding long backtrackings. That went well. There is more to highlight, but now that. Keep it up.

Here are my statistics of both levels, indeed,It took me too long to explore the areas.

PS: I just missed one secret in each level.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/oAN4uWY.jpg[img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/gL4Prx7.jpg[img]
That's true. Dark levels was intended to give dark atmosphere to my levels but I still think I should give more flares because there is not enough in my opinion. Probably I'm gonna add more flares in the fix after I done the continuation.

Thanks! I Really appreciate that
I want to avoid long backtracks as much as possible. In this case levels will be just boring and monotonous.

Not bad at all!
I see that the Gold bars are the hardest one to get and I really surprised that you found gold skull in second level I thought that was the hardest secret to get! Good Job!

Also, I'm very glad you liked my level!

Last edited by AkyV; 29-10-20 at 12:00.
Old 06-11-20, 09:56   #27
Mahetus

Post Update :)

I already done 42% of first level

Two screenshots of cave I recently made

Still need to improve lighting in this area.
Old 06-11-20, 16:26   #28
PedroTheGamer

^very good, Mahetus I like how you did the caves, but you could do geometry using Ctrl (all the time) the TR3 is compatible and you can make it less square, I like the bluish lighting that the water seems to reflect, I thought it was very smart, most did not like the purple lighting on the ceiling makes aweful, I would recommend you to make the caves darker, and with this bluish over the cave with small lights around it (very dim) ..

btw, I wish you luck in your project because The Mystic Artefact looks very promising, I haven't had the opportunity to play your part1 yet, but when I do I'll give my feed for sure.
Old 06-11-20, 17:07   #29
Mahetus

Thanks Pedro! I know I can create geometry by using Ctrl This area is still need to be polished (in terms of lighting and geometry). About lighting I still experimenting with it and I also like this bluish lighting on water, so I decided to leave it as it is. I'm gonna improve it after I done this level.

Thanks again! I think part 2 will be even better than part 1 in terms of gameplay and some ideas (at least in my head, don't know how it will be looks in game)
Old 06-11-20, 19:16   #30
wmcintosh
Inactive

Good job. Looks really interesting.

I will play the already available level(s) soon.

[Edit]
Played and really enjoyed it alot. Got me stuck a few times, but as usual made it out more than it was.

Last edited by wmcintosh; 07-11-20 at 11:28.
wmcintosh is offline   Reply With Quote