Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 17-11-20, 23:12   #1
DragonSlayer

Default Rare events in movies and TV shows

Title says it all what rare events have you seen in movies and TV shows once only and never seen again, if you like you can also include stuff that you have seen in computer games.

I was watching 911 Lone Star tonight when a call was received about a kid with a toy car stuck up his nose and who wouldn't come down from the roof when his dad said he had to go to hospital, anyway they got the toy car out and a few minutes later the emergency services get another call from the same address, the kids dad had the same toy car stuck up his own nose because he decided to try it himself.

The toy car was quite big so how they both managed to get it stuck up their noses is a bit of a mystery, the front half of the toy car was so big it couldn't possibly have gone in there but it did.

Fast forward to the end of the same episode, the emergency services get a call that is nearly all static, when the operator says that he can't understand and asks where are you calling from, the next scene shows the International Space Station. I harder than I did at the toy car scene, the reason why the guy Inside the station called 911 is not something to be laughed at but it's still funny that a 911 call was received from the ISS.

Movies without bad guys, they are so rare that I can only recall one movie that doesn't have a bad guy, Inside Out it was refreshing for once for a movie to not have a bad guy.

Large chunks of glass going right through someone's head, I was watching the first Resident Evil movie last night and Milla Jovovich's character ends up on the floor because of the force from an explosion, a few seconds later a chunk of glass goes right through her head, I thought that I was seeing things the first time I saw it and had to rewind 6 times to be sure that it had happened, 18 years later and it's only now I see it I'm usually very observant when it comes to things like that.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-20, 23:29   #2
DragonSlayer

The mystery behind a transmission from the ISS being received at a 911 dispatch center has been solved, in 911 Lone Star there was a coronal mass emission aka CME from the sun which caused a solar storm which caused things on Earth to go haywire like traffic lights at an intersection all changing to green, coffee makers that were plugged out turning on, fire truck sirens and ladders activitating by themselves and phone calls from Beijing being received in Texas.
Old 26-11-20, 12:37   #3
Teone

I don't know if I understand the topic but I need help to recall a rarity: A Jennifer Lawrence's uncredited cameo in a film.
Time ago I watched a film and I spotted Jennifer Lawrence in a scene (only few seconds). I'm sure she was JL, even if her name was not in the cast. I tried to search the web about this uncredited cameo but I didn't find anything. Sadly, I don't remember the film's title. I remember there were two friends at a college party and one of them was talking with two girls who looked a little drunk. One of these two girl was Jennifer Lawrence. It was a movie dated about 2010/2015 when JL was already famous. It was a commedy but I can't remember else, not even the actors.
Teone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-20, 18:35   #4
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teone View Post
I don't know if I understand the topic but I need help to recall a rarity: A Jennifer Lawrence's uncredited cameo in a film.
Time ago I watched a film and I spotted Jennifer Lawrence in a scene (only few seconds). I'm sure she was JL, even if her name was not in the cast. I tried to search the web about this uncredited cameo but I didn't find anything. Sadly, I don't remember the film's title. I remember there were two friends at a college party and one of them was talking with two girls who looked a little drunk. One of these two girl was Jennifer Lawrence. It was a movie dated about 2010/2015 when JL was already famous. It was a commedy but I can't remember else, not even the actors.
It's very likely that you saw someone that looks just like Jennifer Lawrence but isn't Jennifer Lawrence, it happens to me sometimes, sometimes when googling Katy Perry and Zooey Deschanel I get confused as to which one I'm looking at.

It's not just people that resemble other people, I've seen animals that look like people I saw a picture of a Dog that looks like the Russian President Vladimir Putin and a picture of a Monkey that looks like Bruce Forsyth.
Old 26-11-20, 22:11   #5
Teone

Yes, probably she was not her. Anyway if one day I'll recall the title I'll post a screenshot of those frames.
Teone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 13:35   #6
DragonSlayer

A baby being killed it's body torn apart and eaten by a gang of lunatics.

When I went to see the Jennifer Lawrence movie Mother and that happened I was like I can't believe that they just did that.

It takes a lot to shock and surprise me in a movie as I've seen so many movies that I thought that I'd seen everything that could be done in a movie then they killed the baby tore it's body apart and ate it.

That's the most extreme moment I've ever seen in a movie, it'll be hard to top that as the bar has now been set so high for something that can shock and surprise in a movie that they may never be able to top it.
Old 14-01-21, 12:17   #7
GamestarMaster
Inactive

Default Christopher Nolan

Hi everyone!

I don't know if i got the Thread correctly but Christopher Nolan movies are full of unexpected twists. Every movie I watch of him, I leave mindblown. The latest one I watched Tenet, can recommend!

Another rather old movie of his Memento!

Have a nice day!
GamestarMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-21, 15:01   #8
DragonSlayer

Black characters in a movie still being alive at the end, I've only seen this happen twice both in Shark movies.

The first was Deep Blue Sea and the second one was The Meg.

Sean Bean still being alive at the end of a movie, I've only seen this happen twice in both Silent Hill movies.
Old 14-01-21, 15:04   #9
Los Angeles
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
Black characters in a movie still being alive at the end, I've only seen this happen twice both in Shark movies.

The first was Deep Blue Sea and the second one was The Meg.

Sean Bean still being alive at the end of a movie, I've only seen this happen twice in both Silent Hill movies.
There are Black characters still alive in Leprechaun In The Hood & Leprechaun Back 2 Tha Hood.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-21, 23:16   #10
DragonSlayer

@ Los Angeles I've never heard of those movies.

Steven Seagall dying in a movie I've only seen it happen once in the movie Executive Decision ironically the movie was much better without him in it, an actor that's so bad that his only good movie is the one in which he does.

His second best movie is a movie that he wasn't in in the movie The Shallows there is a seagull named Steven Seagull aka Sully Steven Seagull.

I never liked Steven Seagall he's got more faces than a clock and they are all miserable.