Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 27-09-20, 21:32   #34161
FearEffect

I agree about the fact they should take a break of so much Leon and Chris, but especially of Leon for the movies. They have so many characters they could focus on.

I only watched Vendetta for Chris and Rebecca but Leon's forced presence with his weird action scenes ruined the whole movie for me. Also some of the fight scenes/choreographies of Chris VS Glenn which were pretty ridiculous.

I'm trying to be excited about Infinite Darkness but the way they're treating Claire just makes me really angry. When they announced the Remake, Claire only appeared for one single shot in the entire trailer and they wouldn't show gameplay of her until a few weeks if I remember well. In Degeneration Leon stole the show and the movie ended up being about him and Angela (even though the best scenes of the movie were all Claire's imo). I really hope they won't play the damisel in distress card again with Leon having to save Claire or something. It's time they give female characters the importance they deserve. It's time they leave Leon out of the movies and start focusing on other characters.
FearEffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-20, 22:10   #34162
Yuna´s Wish

Yay, Claire! Though I hope she's less Rev2-like. Slightly at least, since her character wasn't a major departure back then.

But I can't stand RE6 Leon, unfortunately. Kill him with fire. Not that it would die, anyway, but it's worth trying.

EDIT: If it was RE2 Leon (any RE2 version) I'd ship them together. But this being RE6 Leon...he can keep pursuing Ada, for all I care.

Last edited by Yuna´s Wish; 27-09-20 at 22:12.
Yuna´s Wish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-20, 23:00   #34163
charmedangelin

Someone has played a demo of RE8 and has screenshots. Some of the details are insane. Gonna really shake up the horror landscape and could indeed set itself up to being as iconic as RE4.

Lord

link to the tweet thread

https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1/status/1310217789018259458?s=19

Jesus ****ing christ, if you stay inside the houses the enemies will burn it down while your inside. Ammo also being restricted and your forced to use the environment to combat the enemies.

I can't wait to see it in action myself.

charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-20, 01:22   #34164
robm_2007

"-Some of the Beast Men are naked."

*preorders 10 copies for each and every platform*

robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-20, 02:01   #34165
shockwave_pulsar00

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post

Yes.....but how naked are they? ��
shockwave_pulsar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-20, 02:22   #34166
Lord Lulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post

I wouldn't go that far. Or you could and I quote, "Be living in a van down by the river."

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave_pulsar00 View Post
Yes.....but how naked are they? ��
My guess is it will be PG. Or it will be the kind of fan disservice one can expect from a series like this. Would most likely be a horrible naked abomination. Much like the skort from the RE3 Remake.

If they do remake RE4 I'm not buying it. They best thing they could do is remaster it. With a better engine, graphics and the removal of all QTEs.
Lord Lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-20, 02:26   #34167
robm_2007

RE: Infinite Darkness

I like both their models, though they both look like they are wearing a smidge too much makeup. And Leon's hair looks too big for his now more narrow, angular jawline.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-20, 04:28   #34168
Johnnay

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdesperado_ View Post
The RE CG projects have always been hit & miss for me. I did watch Degeneration and Damnation - the latter being pretty awful & uninteresting.

Though I have yet to give Vendetta a chance, something looked off about Chris' model. But it was nice that Rebecca had her long-awaited appearance.

Infinite Darkness being in an episodic format does sound more appealing. But I do think Jill deserves to be in the frontline, we've seen too much of Leon.
Damnation isn’t bad. Ada and Svetlana fighting was one of the best female fights I’ve seen in a movie
Johnnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-20, 07:15   #34169
jajay119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnay View Post
Damnation isn’t bad. Ada and Svetlana fighting was one of the best female fights I’ve seen in a movie
Shame part of it was reused from RE4 though. That really ruined it for me..
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-20, 14:05   #34170
xdesperado_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnay View Post
That's the only scene I still remember.

Ada's model did look really amazing though.
xdesperado_ is offline   Reply With Quote