www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Last Revelation

Old 14-05-19, 15:14   #31
Lavender
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
I'm just at the end of Cairo (arguably the worst part of TR4) and the amount of tedious, slow, boring crawlspaces is really excessive. Particularly the ones where you hang and climb into, crawl forward by one block and have to slowly turn around and hang drop out of. They're just everywhere in this game, and it really hurts the pace. It might not have been so bad if TR4 had TR5's forward dive.

Does this bother anyone else? It's not just Cairo there are more than a tolerable amount, but still a heap more than the rest of the game, especially when Cairo's gameplay is so, so very monotonous and visually ugly.
Omg! I thought I was the only one that thought that. I absolutely hate them as well, so annoying, useless and unnecessary. It also demotivates me so much to actually get through Cairo
Old 14-05-19, 15:58   #32
dg1995
Hobbyist

I personally appreciate crawling sections for adding a bit variety to the harder sections.(Platforming,puzzle solving,combat, escaping from invincible enemies , avoiding booby traps, swimming)

When you want to make a good level design in games, you should add a good variety to the game.(That is why I personally consider Doom 4's level design to be bad due to lack of variety in the things you do in each level)
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-19, 16:19   #33
Samz
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
I personally appreciate crawling sections for adding a bit variety to the harder sections.(Platforming,puzzle solving,combat, escaping from invincible enemies , avoiding booby traps, swimming)

When you want to make a good level design in games, you should add a good variety to the game.(That is why I personally consider Doom 4's level design to be bad due to lack of variety in the things you do in each level)
Yeah I quit Doom 4 due to that.

Give me searching levels for keys like Doom 1 rather than respawning enemies just behind the one I just killed for shotgun/glory kill spam.
Old 14-05-19, 18:02   #34
dg1995
Hobbyist

old doom games also had some maze sections that were interesting imo.(And TR 3 had one level based on that I think)
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote