www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 15-05-19, 18:47   #6261
Xopax

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
He wouldn't just sit on his ass and do nothing.
Yeah, that's more like something someone else would do...
Xopax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-19, 20:00   #6262
dg1995
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
You've got the timeline backwards, the Nazi stuff was never part of TRAE. Look at the trailers we got.

Those decorations were added after the game was cancelled, when they were pitching an Indiana Jones game to LucasArts, Natla's mines was redecorated and an Indy model made but it never took off.
Wow didn't know that.

I also remember seeing somewhere that the developers of Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb(Collective) also pitched a sequel of Emperor's Tomb to Lucasarts but Lucasarts didn't approve.(Since they themselves wanted to develop the next Indy game.)
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-19, 20:43   #6263
Samz
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
Wow didn't know that.

I also remember seeing somewhere that the developers of Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb(Collective) also pitched a sequel of Emperor's Tomb to Lucasarts but Lucasarts didn't approve.(Since they themselves wanted to develop the next Indy game.)
I'd love to see either.

This just kinda got even more disappointing now.
Old 17-05-19, 13:19   #6264
_Seth
Explorer

I wonder if it could have been reskinned as a Pirates of the Caribbean game or something. =/
Old 17-05-19, 19:52   #6265
Xopax

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
I wonder if it could have been reskinned as a Pirates of the Caribbean game or something. =/
It would've been hard to reskin it to anything really, the map was very faithful to TR1's geometry. Anyone playing who also played TR would realise there was something off.
Old 17-05-19, 20:14   #6266
Samz
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xopax View Post
It would've been hard to reskin it to anything really, the map was very faithful to TR1's geometry. Anyone playing who also played TR would realise there was something off.
They probably weren't going to re-use it "as is", they'd probably take the assets and make something original/Indy which would take more development time.

Still wish it happened, there aren't any Classic TR style games aside from Infernal Machine.
Old 19-05-19, 09:01   #6267
Xopax

I was going through a few TRAE screenshots and this particular shot caught my attention, most specifically, it's original (1215 x 705) resolution:

(I resized the image to avoid it stretching the page)
Original: https://i.imgur.com/IYrb0Gi.jpg

All TRAE screenshots dated 2005-2006 ish were taken using the PSP resolution (480 272) as they don't look as good as you may already know.
Further research showed me that the common resolution used to promote PC games at 2006-2007 was 1024x768, a very standard resolution. I used official TRL screens for reference btw.

So, what about the 1215 x 705 resolution?
Turns out it's not a very popular size at all.
So my conclusion is that the screenshot is dated after the project was cancelled. It isn't a screen from the PC version either.
1215 x 705 is only achieved when you upscale the PSP resolution at aprox. 2.5x. You can only do such a thing without losing quality in emulators.
PPSSPP initial's release date was in 2012, if i'm not mistaken that screenshot surfaced only in 2013-2015.
So yeah, for me that confirms someone has a playable build of TRAE somewhere that is also able to be played in a emulator.

Last edited by Xopax; 19-05-19 at 09:04.
Old 19-05-19, 09:17   #6268
the_legend
Archaeologist

Quote:

So, what about the 1215 x 705 resolution?
Turns out it's not a very popular size at all.
So my conclusion is that the screenshot is dated after the project was cancelled. It isn't a screen from the PC version either.
1215 x 705 is only achieved when you upscale the PSP resolution at aprox. 2.5x. You can only do such a thing without losing quality in emulators.
PPSSPP initial's release date was in 2012, if i'm not mistaken that screenshot surfaced only in 2013-2015.
So yeah, for me that confirms someone has a playable build of TRAE somewhere that is also able to be played in a emulator.
Of course someone has it, it was needed for testing back in the days. Some who worked on it probably just decided to go back and play and then became careless.
Old 19-05-19, 09:19   #6269
Xopax

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_legend View Post
Of course someone has it, it was needed for testing back in the days. Some who worked on it probably just decided to go back and play and then became careless.
Yes, i just wanted to debunk the whole "Square Enix trashed everything and no one has a single copy" theory.
Old 19-05-19, 14:50   #6270
Caesum
Tomb Raider

Quote:
All TRAE screenshots dated 2005-2006 ish were taken using the PSP resolution (480 272) as they don't look as good as you may already know.
That's a screenshot/render taken directly from Maya that's why it has way higher resolution.

Last edited by Caesum; 19-05-19 at 14:59.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote