Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 22-07-19, 02:48   #16611
Melonie Tomb Raider
Golden

I tried multiple times that swan dive + O for the roll on TR1 on PS Vita. It does not make her do that flippy thing after her dive though, is this only in future games or is it really just a mod? Or am I messing up somehow?

I have never known that move to be a thing on PSOne.

Last edited by Melonie Tomb Raider; 22-07-19 at 02:49.
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-19, 03:17   #16612
HecticBartoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonie Tomb Raider View Post
I tried multiple times that swan dive + O for the roll on TR1 on PS Vita. It does not make her do that flippy thing after her dive though, is this only in future games or is it really just a mod? Or am I messing up somehow?

Oh, you mean when you press square + R1 and while diving down, press O? If so. Then I don’t think that animation wasn’t featured on TR1. Tomb Raider 2 is the first with that feature. Congratulations on your wedding by the way, I wish you and Joey the very best!
HecticBartoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-19, 03:22   #16613
Melonie Tomb Raider
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by HecticBartoli View Post
Oh, you mean when you press square + R1 and while diving down, press O? If so. Then I don’t think that animation wasn’t featured on TR1. Tomb Raider 2 is the first with that feature. Congratulations on your wedding by the way, I wish you and Joey the very best!
I'll try it on TR2 then. I can't believe after how many times I've played these games I never knew of that move after the dive

Also thank you
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-19, 03:36   #16614
HecticBartoli

Quote:
I'll try it on TR2 then. I can't believe after how many times I've played these games I never knew of that move after the dive

Also thank you
You’re very welcome. I did the move first time when I was 11 on Floating Islands and it looked awesome. Classic Lara at her best. I miss the old Tomb Raider games
HecticBartoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-19, 03:37   #16615
Evil Doggos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
Ok, it’s time for this discussion again. I cannot stand Toby Gard he, in my perception, is the epitome of a a hypocritical spoilt child throwing his toys out the prank. He left the series after the first entry supposedly in disagreement with the sexualisation of Lara yet he admits in more than one documentary that he blew Lara’s boobs up to the size we knew - her most sexualised exploit and left them that way for a laugh. He then proceeded to return to then weird and make Lara her most sexualised in game she had ever been, he is credited with her redesign in legend by CD. TR is his baby but he left twice voluntarily? I think not.

Also, he is not solely responsible for Lara. Lara was a group effort of Core and without the rest of those members of vote we would have had a male indiana Jones rip off first and a Sarah Connor-Esque Latina chick in the second incarnation before Core had him redesign her into what we now know and now lived her as. Lara spent more time being developed without Toby than with him. There is no spark without fire and thank you for your service to Toby but I cannot sit by and let people talk about him as fin he were solely responsible for Lara because it’s completely untrue.
These are the kind of takes as to why I visit and love this site.
Evil Doggos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-19, 09:10   #16616
jajay119

Quote:

Yes I agree with others: the dice roll was only introduced in TR2. Unfortunately there are a few more places to pull it off in Tr1 than 2 so it’s a shame really. I also miss the continuous falling scream in TR1 which was removed in subsequent games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Doggos View Post
These are the kind of takes as to why I visit and love this site.
Despite the multiple spelling errors- I hate posting here on my phone
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-19, 11:47   #16617
Mani_Man

Ive been playing the Max Payne games again and i cant tell you how often i think about Tomb Raider with that gunplay.

Or in general more games with the Gunplay of Max Payne, i love it.
It feels so good and smooth, looks stylish and effective...im really enjoying the hell out of gunfights in the Max Payne series.

Add a bit of acrobatics and i could see that work on Tomb Raider.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-19, 12:07   #16618
Linoshi Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani_Man View Post
Add a bit of acrobatics and i could see that work on Tomb Raider.
WET is pretty much just that. Rubi swings on poles etc.

It was such a fun game! It had an awesome soundtrack.
Linoshi Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-19, 12:26   #16619
Mani_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft View Post

Why are you doing this to me right now?
I was just getting to the point where i accepted that WET is a thing of the past never to be seen again, you bring it back now and im sad that we never get a second one.

I dont know if WET would be the best approach since the stylish combat and all would probably force the game into a similar type of platforming...and im not sure that is what would work for Tomb Raider.

But yeah, it would look really cool...not neccessary in the reboot universe i think, that is more grounded.
So the weight behind max paynes gunfights would fit a bit better i think...but more WET would help us all so very much. XD
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-19, 13:10   #16620
Ashnod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft View Post

YOU TELL THEM HELL IS COMING! YOU TELL THEM HELL IS COMING!
Ashnod is offline   Reply With Quote