Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 13-06-19, 14:04   #15631
TrustyBow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
I prefer how it works in TRIII. You travel to different locations. Each location has a couple of levels, to get a piece in the end. And all are related to the same plot, instead of random little stories
Yeah, same. I actually really like how loose the plot is in that game. I really want a similar approach in the next main game. Lara needs to do "yada yada yada" and collect different pieces of an artifact throughout the world.

The simple plotting allows for then to really show off the gameplay and graphics.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-19, 14:14   #15632
Linoshi Croft

Quote:
Hence why I said some people
Then why reply to me? All I did was come in here and give my own opinion on the topic at hand. It's not like I just came in here to post something funny or derogatory to join in the jokes.

Quote:
Not you. Other people did in the past. And you don't need to outright say something of the kind to be disrespectful. Actions speak louder than words sometimes. Coming at her endlessly, with the simple intention to put her down, just to "be cool", is just one example.

And why are you taking issue on me sticking up to someone I look up to? Or, wait, it's only acceptable if I come here and join the jerk circle? Is that it? Cause I'm pretty sure if I did, it would all be okay then. Double standards at their best.

...again why reply to me? If you have an issue with someone you take that issue up with them.

You can stick up for her all you like, however you must appreciate you came for me for no real reason. Personally, I'm not at all involved in the world of celebrity and I don't get the concept of idolising someone I don't even know. Furthermore, I don't get the concept of defending them for the same reasons. I can't imagine if I was in their position I'd even care what people do on a random forum on the internet. At the end of the day she's the one cashing the big cheques doing something she loves. Surely, she's the winner here regardless of what people think of her on this forum?

Quote:
You know damn well many posts in here are with the single intention to put her down/mock her/whatever out of spite, and way beyond constructive criticism. You refusing to ackowledge it only makes you complicit of that kind of behavior, nothing else. But go ahead. Don't let me be the one to call out this atittude, and reduce my concerns to overreaction. Afterall, it's ok to put someone down, whereas the opposite is blind fanboyism and White knighting
There is no denying that, however I was not one of them. So, I still am completely baffled by why I was the one being replied to and singled out. I'm not going to call it out, as well firstly it's not my place to do so and secondly when I have in the past called out inappropriate behaviour it's done nothing but trigger huge arguments. So, why would I want to get involved in childish drama? Personally, I would call your response to me an overreaction and I called it white knighting as I was attacked even though what I said wasn't making jokes or being pointlessly offensive. Yet, I was attacked for it.
Linoshi Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-19, 14:23   #15633
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
Yeah, same. I actually really like how loose the plot is in that game. I really want a similar approach in the next main game. Lara needs to do "yada yada yada" and collect different pieces of an artifact throughout the world.

The simple plotting allows for then to really show off the gameplay and graphics.
Yup. That approach is something I'd like for the next TR. The plot involving artifacts scattered in different locations, and Lara having to get them a la TR1 and TR3. That way, it would bring out globetrotting that many people would like to see back
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-19, 14:56   #15634
Maverin

Quote:
Yup. That approach is something I'd like for the next TR. The plot involving artifacts scattered in different locations, and Lara having to get them a la TR1 and TR3. That way, it would bring out globetrotting that many people would like to see back
I'd like that as well
Maverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-19, 16:06   #15635
LateRaider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverin View Post
Most definitely. She collects a whole arsenal of them each game but then afterwards she gives them away to the military or something?
i like to think she finds them, unloads them, and puts them away on a trophy rack hidden in her manor. the only constants she allows herself are her dual pistols

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnanonymouz View Post
Tomb Raider Chronicles is a really bad game imo but damn.......The Ireland levels are some of the best in the franchise!
it also launched the good ship pierre x larson. i wonder what kinda milkshake they shared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
The Ireland levels are amazing in terms of atmosphere and design. The Maze Monster still freaks me out to this day.
If you take a look at the Maze Monster in the light you'll see it’s basically The Proto from AOD. Most likely a shared idea from the team when developing Chronicles and AOD at the same time
ooh i'll have to take a closer look. i love the sea hag and her untimely demise... eaten by changelings. i wonder if lara ever wrote a diary of her exploits in ireland
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 04:35   #15636
Melonie Tomb Raider
Golden

TR Fans: CD PLZ FIX LARAS HAIR AND NON-EXISTENT FOREHEAD

CD: ...

TR Fans: Helloooo, please fix Lara's hair and short forehead plzplz!

CD ...

TR Fans: We don't like the mop on Lara's head, please fix it!

CD ...

Avengers fans: trollololol these characters look goofy af

CD:

Quote:
During the Gamespot interview, it was said that the team behind the game have been reading all the criticism and feedback from the fans since last night... so if you're in the crowd that doesn't like the designs, don't expect them to stick around. They're taking this seriously.
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 06:02   #15637
Ellioft

I don't think they hit the mark with this indoor presentation. I have read the general reviews and for what I understand it wasn't as fun as they hoped to be.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 07:02   #15638
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonie Tomb Raider View Post
I have literally never seen complaints about her hair or supposedly short forehead, save for TRF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
I don't think they hit the mark with this indoor presentation. I have read the general reviews and for what I understand it wasn't as fun as they hoped to be.
Weird. I got the opposite vibe from what I saw. People were saying what they shown behind doors was way better than what the trailer suggested. They've talked about some issues, etc. but overall the vibe the gave is that the game is amazing. I'm really intrigued. I've never watched an Avengers movie, but I might buy the game. So far it seems it might be something cool - but then again, since I'm not an Avengers fan, IDK how accurate/faithful the game is

Last edited by Vaskito; 14-06-19 at 07:03.
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 07:16   #15639
CroftManiac05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
Yeah, I just saw the trailer on yt and many people are dissapointed.
It's whatever for me. I was never into super hero games.

Now that I think of it, I want the Avengers game to be very successful.
Maybe then SE will put CD to make sequels and milk the franchise, and get another studio for TR.

Last edited by CroftManiac05; 14-06-19 at 07:24.
CroftManiac05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 07:39   #15640
Daft Raider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonie Tomb Raider View Post
TR Fans: CD PLZ FIX LARAS HAIR AND NON-EXISTENT FOREHEAD

CD: ...

TR Fans: Helloooo, please fix Lara's hair and short forehead plzplz!

CD ...

TR Fans: We don't like the mop on Lara's head, please fix it!

CD ...

Avengers fans: trollololol these characters look goofy af

CD:
I’m not surprised, they have big brother Marvel watching them over their shoulder, and you know, Marvel actually respects their characters and doesn’t want them looking stupid, so you’d bet your ass they’re going to make sure CD corrects their mistake.
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote