www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Comics

Old 08-08-18, 18:08   #1381
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

This is by far one of the best drawn comics of this year. Phillip Sevy is really to congrats. He evolved so much during these years and I will say that he is one of the best "new" artists out there. Truly magnificent that he is working for Tomb Raider.

And it was also a really well written comic, even if the ending was expectable. The psychedelic journey through Lara's psyche is really well crafted, even from a writing standard.

This is not because I'm a Tomb Raider fan, this is because I am a comic fan: this issue is one of the best this year!

But now for the nit-pick of the month: they got Sam's last name wrong: it's Nishimura, not Nakamura
Old 08-08-18, 18:30   #1382
E.Carnby
Archaeologist

Philip Savy thank you, thank you and thank you. That's absolutely gorgeous. An incredibly beautiful illustration.
E.Carnby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-18, 18:30   #1383
AntRaidsTombs
Relic Hunter

Inferno #3 was the best one I have read out of all of them, I actually shed a tear. It was drawn to perfection, and everything going on was great!!!
Old 08-08-18, 18:38   #1384
biscuits
Professor

This issue was gorgeous to look at. Those colours were very beautiful and vibrant.
I also loved how it fully acknowledged all past events in both previous games. It was nice seeing cameos from Reyes and even Vladimir. It was pretty well written over all.

It's nice to see that Sam wasn't dragged across the mud. I guess this issue served to neatly tie a knot with her storyline as well. I'd be lying if I said I won't miss her but it's clear that this fandom hates the character too much for her to make another appearance. The sooner I accept that the better.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-18, 21:07   #1385
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post

But now for the nit-pick of the month: they got Sam's last name wrong: it's Nishimura, not Nakamura
Let's say it's Lara's mind who plays tricks with her

I really like we see all the anthagonist of the comics as well even the Spore Knights (but nothing from the novel )

Last edited by Ellioft; 08-08-18 at 21:10.
Ellioft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-18, 12:23   #1386
LateRaider
Professor

I can't believe they'd be so lazy as to not even do a five second Google search on "list tomb raider 2013 character".

Also, Sam would never call herself "Samantha", so if this ~mystical voice~ wants Lara to believe it's really Sam, then maybe have her call herself by her preferred name?

I fixed it in like 3 minutes.

Edit - Also, isn't this kind of... unintentionally racist? "Oh, it's some Japanese name ending in -mura. Let's give her whatever!"

Last edited by LateRaider; 10-08-18 at 16:49.
LateRaider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-18, 13:02   #1387
Rai

I tweeted at Jackson Lansing about it, but I can't find it now. Do tweets sometimes go missing? I was complimentary about the issue, just pointed out the error. No reply, but maybe my tweet went missing.

I tried again with Dark Horse, but I suppose they can only fix the digital version. Better than nothing.

Last edited by Rai; 09-08-18 at 13:03.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-18, 18:27   #1388
TrustyBow
Professor

Overall I enjoyed this issue, but it's a bit frustrating that we have to wait another month for the story to continue, considering nothing really happened in this issue.
TrustyBow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-18, 21:39   #1389
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
I tweeted at Jackson Lansing about it, but I can't find it now. Do tweets sometimes go missing? I was complimentary about the issue, just pointed out the error. No reply, but maybe my tweet went missing.

I tried again with Dark Horse, but I suppose they can only fix the digital version. Better than nothing.
Also the volume version who's coming in January or February don't remember
Old 10-08-18, 01:30   #1390
Rai

A very interesting review that really delves deeply into the inner workings of the issue. http://www.multiversitycomics.com/re...der-inferno-3/

I love the way the writer describes things, it makes you appreciate the comic more.