www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 12-01-19, 14:22   #61
tomee
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodneyMac12 View Post
But this isn't like all of the other prep talks.. This is something a person that's excited would say in this scenario! I do agree that all of the other prep talks like "over there" or "I can climb through there" are excessive and unneeded, but this kind is more than welcome in my book!
I think the "Disgusting!" exclamation was spot on and something a person in that situation would say.

"I see you!" might work overall for the game, but I wonder if this is the only instance where she says this, because if yes, then it makes no sense for her to go full psycho, only to become wholesome girl again 10 mintes later.

"Just a little closer" is exactly the kind of pointless 1 liner that she randomly blurts out that you just described.
Old 10-02-19, 18:45   #62
Ms.LaraCroft
Student

They both look really different, the patched Lara looks a lot cleaner and finished.

When I first played, I played some of the game unpatched because my internet was being really dumb and slow. I don't think I would've have noticed that myself.

Last edited by Ms.LaraCroft; 10-02-19 at 18:47.
Ms.LaraCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-19, 04:25   #63
Daft Raider
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
I still prefer Rise's variant of young Lara:

It's closer to adult Lara. The ones shown in OP looks close to nothing to reboot Lara :-/
God, why didn't they use this model? Possibly because the artist that created it doesn't work for CD anymore? It's a shame, either way, it's very high quality and actually looks human. Both versions in the game look so creepy and inhuman, their faces look like silly puddy stretched over my knee.
Old 11-02-19, 08:18   #64
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
I think the "Disgusting!" exclamation was spot on and something a person in that situation would say.

"I see you!" might work overall for the game, but I wonder if this is the only instance where she says this, because if yes, then it makes no sense for her to go full psycho, only to become wholesome girl again 10 mintes later.

"Just a little closer" is exactly the kind of pointless 1 liner that she randomly blurts out that you just described.
I loved the "I see you..." line because she seemed to say it very playfully, and to me that tiny playful line is the single-most Lara thing this Reboot character has said in three games. That could come out the mouth of classic Lara, it really captured her playful mischievious spirit that has been so lacking in this trilogy otherwise. I think only one instance is enough though, she doesn't need to say that all the time (if she did, I only heard it once, when sneaking up on the sacrifice ritual in that one temple).

"Disgusting!" Is also fine in an appropriate moment.

But yes, the rest of the "stating the ****ing obvious" self-talk (or talk with Jonah that does this) has to go. If what she's saying sounds so unnaturally Captain Obvious that she's almost breaking the fourth wall by clearly hinting to the player, it needs to go.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 11-02-19 at 08:24.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-19, 09:55   #65
FanosCroft
Professor

Imagine Lara breaking the 4th wall and swear on you if you dont get the puzzle "its that way you ****!"
Old 11-02-19, 13:20   #66
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanosCroft View Post
Imagine Lara breaking the 4th wall and swear on you if you dont get the puzzle "its that way you ****!"
I live for that to happen
Old 11-02-19, 17:53   #67
Samz
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
I loved the "I see you..." line because she seemed to say it very playfully, and to me that tiny playful line is the single-most Lara thing this Reboot character has said in three games. That could come out the mouth of classic Lara, it really captured her playful mischievious spirit that has been so lacking in this trilogy otherwise. I think only one instance is enough though, she doesn't need to say that all the time (if she did, I only heard it once, when sneaking up on the sacrifice ritual in that one temple).

"Disgusting!" Is also fine in an appropriate moment.

But yes, the rest of the "stating the ****ing obvious" self-talk (or talk with Jonah that does this) has to go. If what she's saying sounds so unnaturally Captain Obvious that she's almost breaking the fourth wall by clearly hinting to the player, it needs to go.
Yep it does, it feels very condescending to me when games do that and I hate it.
Old 12-02-19, 14:34   #68
Cat Woman
Explorer

Cool Young Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Dwight View Post
I see it didn't include her actual braid.
Unpatched.
I prefer unpatched. Young Lara from Rise would have been good too.