Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1249 View Post
Why they had to include the MP Trophys for the Platinum? So dumb
The MP trophies are super easy though.
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-19, 15:25   #38082
Cat Woman

Question

I am just replaying TR2013 on a new platform and for the DLC content. I remembered that I really enjoyed this one. I forgot you only have so many arrows in the beginning, and I injured a deer but ran out of arrows and saw it crying w/arrows in it. But had to move on. Went back at a campfire to kill it. It is only a game, but the graphics make it seem so real. Anyone else wanting to track and make sure the animals are dead.

Edit: I went back but did not find an injured deer. Maybe they do not reappear.

Last edited by Cat Woman; 03-04-19 at 03:33. Reason: Injured deer not found
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-19, 15:25   #38083
MicheleMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
^ Yup. One of the nice little touches I appreciated in the reboot. Ironically I had never noticed that when Vladimir hits her with his pistol that Lara's cheek is cut until one of the devs confirmed the scar is from that encounter (during Rise's promotion).
This quote is from Shadow's General Chat, I hope it's okay to continue talking about this here, so it's not off-topic.

To be honest, I thought that scar is made-up bs. But I had to realize it's not... yesterday. Well, my bad. I remember the hit, but not the wound.

It's not surprising that I didn't notice it on my first playthrough. It's a tiny detail, and my focus was all over the place - like always with a fresh, new game.
On my umpteenth replays however... I have to admit though that I never liked this part. It's very scripted, I (the player, the controller!) have barely anything to do or concentrate on. So what I do when I reach this segment is... looking around my room, or out of the window, or at my TV or phone... and constantly thinking: is it over yet?? I just take glimpses at the computer screen. Or when I have to shoot, then obviously that's where my focus is.
And as soon as you reach that climbing part (before meeting with Roth) the cut magically disappears from her face.

I wonder what's up with the wound on her arm though. It looked serious.
By the way, for a long time I thought a pistol caused it, not an arrow. I discovered this detail just a few month ago. ^^'

It's funny that in Rise her other upper arm gets injured. But none of these scars are acknowledged later. Oh well.

Anyway, I took some screenshots.
https://imgur.com/a/6t5Af0P
The wound textures are there too, but in bad quality, so it can't be used.
MicheleMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-19, 18:16   #38084
Grizzly Bear

I still can't get over the way they treated Sam. I mean, she didn't have to go to Syberia or Peru, but they way they made her disappear completely was a bad choice (I know she is in the comics but I don't think it's enough).

I know lots of people didn't like her character (I wasn't a huge fan either) but I think that the fact that she was still possessed by Himiko had potential, she could have become a better version of Amanda from Legend.
(Just imagine an epic old-style boss battle against Sam/Himiko... it would have been epic and so iconic, too).
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-19, 23:25   #38085
TrustyBow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
I still can't get over the way they treated Sam. I mean, she didn't have to go to Syberia or Peru, but they way they made her disappear completely was a bad choice (I know she is in the comics but I don't think it's enough).

I know lots of people didn't like her character (I wasn't a huge fan either) but I think that the fact that she was still possessed by Himiko had potential, she could have become a better version of Amanda from Legend.
(Just imagine an epic old-style boss battle against Sam/Himiko... it would have been epic and so iconic, too).
Unfortunately, it was just a case of CD listening to the majority over the minority. Most people didn't like Sam, so I can see why they decided to finish her arc in the comics instead of the games. I didn't mind her character, and in fact, I think she actually would've worked as a better moral compass for Lara than Jonah, but I didn't really miss her either.

A Sam/Himiko boss fight would've been great. I really wish they would've stuck with the original ending for the game, with Sam dying. Though I do get where the devs were coming from. Lara suffered enough loss in the game. She deserved some kind of reward.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-19, 08:00   #38086
Athukraz

Sam was badass in the comics. Wish we could have seen those parts ingame. She actually was resourceful enough to pick up that gun in the Solarii Fortress and kill a few people because she knew they wouldn't do anything to hurt her. You can actually see her killing someone before ziplining down to her location
Athukraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-19, 10:26   #38087
biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
Sam was badass in the comics. Wish we could have seen those parts ingame. She actually was resourceful enough to pick up that gun in the Solarii Fortress and kill a few people because she knew they wouldn't do anything to hurt her. You can actually see her killing someone before ziplining down to her location
I miss Sam
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-19, 11:55   #38088
MBog

I saw something on tweeter that the game has an update (after 5 years). Any interesting info in the log ?
MBog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-19, 15:11   #38089
TR1249

Appearently they patched out the English Language lol
TR1249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-19, 16:33   #38090
Zsott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
I don't know for sure, but originally Sam was supposed to die, then Lara would have to fight Himiko; there are some concept arts about Himiko transforming into some kind of black monster...
If I remember correctly, the idea was ditched, because the testers weren't statisfied, because of too much death/ there's no resolution etc.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote