www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old Today, 03:53   #30681
domino92
Tomb Raider

While the RE-lore nerd in me wants canon story, in the end it only really matters to forum junkies like us.
Old Today, 04:06   #30682
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

Pretty much yeah lol

Some RE2 remake dev implied OG RE2 story is still the main cannon some time ago, so I just use that instead when thinking about the big picture.
Old Today, 07:15   #30683
ESCachuli
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
Pretty much yeah lol

Some RE2 remake dev implied OG RE2 story is still the main cannon some time ago, so I just use that instead when thinking about the big picture.
TBH they didnt really change the story, nor add anything. I mean, the only real change was Ada's fake story (and that matters like 0 in the series), Ben's motive to be jailed, and... Not much else.
ESCachuli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:58   #30684
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCachuli View Post
TBH they didnt really change the story, nor add anything. I mean, the only real change was Ada's fake story (and that matters like 0 in the series), Ben's motive to be jailed, and... Not much else.
I know, but the presentation and consistency in OG RE is much better so I'm keeping it

BTW I loved Ada's cover up story. It fit the game nicely and honestly as nice as the tie in of John/Ada is in the original RE2, her acting as an FBI agent fit much better with her mysterious persona and how she keeps walking away from Leon.

Also one little detail I noticed when replaying the game is that Ada actually smiles to Leon quite a few times before they escape the Police Station, but the sunglasses and the dark lighting always make it hard see, and on top of that it's an Ada Wong smile, so of course it's gonna be subtle She is always pleased and probably a bit amused when Leon tries to take charge or get in control of the situation, like in the prison cell scene.

I think Ada is actually surrounded by symbolism, and the first time I think the game makes it clear is after Leon gives her Ben's recording, she has a half smile before saying 'Let's get out of here', and it's intentionally hidden away by the dark lighting.

And when Leon gets shot first she looses her glasses (might be a symbolism to actually opening her eyes to Leon's true bravery and selflessness), then she proceeds to take care of him and gets rid of her coat, like if she was taking off a hard outside shell to reveal her truer self.