www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

View Poll Results: What is your favorite version of the Tactical Adventurer outfit?
Tactical Adventurer (Default) 42 29.79%
Tactical Adventurer (Black) 20 14.18%
Tactical Adventurer (Classic) 79 56.03%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24-05-19, 05:38   #51
JsotoTRSaga
Relic Hunter

Indeed, if it weren't for Morrigan's continued input we probably would have never gotten the classic recolor or ever get the outfit restriction lifted or even less Croft Manor. I doubt any of the previous would have happened if it weren't for her input bc she has literally seen what we want and expect from TR in the forums in form of feedback, and has passed that feedback responsively to EM, with great understanding of what Tomb Raider fans actually want. In the past we would be ignored and the game would remain awful, now they (try) fix it for us and improve the game based on actual feedback. Unlike Crystal Lameanics.

Last edited by JsotoTRSaga; 24-05-19 at 05:40.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-19, 05:53   #52
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
In the past we would be ignored and the game would remain awful, now they (try) fix it for us and improve the game based on actual feedback. Unlike Crystal Lameanics.
Pfttt oh my god

I love it
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-19, 08:52   #53
ShutUpReyes
Historian

As much as I adore the classic version I feel like the default one is far better for the setting. Also I would have loved the black one if it didn't have those blue patches on it that stick out like a sore thumb in a jungle.
Old 24-05-19, 08:55   #54
tomee
Tomb Raider

I think my favourite is the default one. Nothing against the other two, but there's just a slight edge the default one has over the others to me.
Old 24-05-19, 14:15   #55
biscuits
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
Indeed, if it weren't for Morrigan's continued input we probably would have never gotten the classic recolor or ever get the outfit restriction lifted or even less Croft Manor. I doubt any of the previous would have happened if it weren't for her input bc she has literally seen what we want and expect from TR in the forums in form of feedback, and has passed that feedback responsively to EM, with great understanding of what Tomb Raider fans actually want. In the past we would be ignored and the game would remain awful, now they (try) fix it for us and improve the game based on actual feedback. Unlike Crystal Lameanics.
Morrigan works at Crystal Dynamics tho
Old 24-05-19, 14:19   #56
Linoshi Croft
Legend

Definitely the default. I think I'd of said the classic one if it didn't have the ugly lighter bits on the side. I think they honestly just ruin the whole thing.
Old 24-05-19, 14:30   #57
Patrick star
Tomb Raider

^The classic recolor would've looked better if the top's unified color was that of the lighter bits on the sides , because that is actually the color of the classic top , at least in TR1 .
As I said ,the only time I can think of in which Lara wore such vivid greenish blue is in Legend's Peru flashback , also maybe in GoL . The classic top looked more greyish pale blue than vivid bright blue .
Old 24-05-19, 16:44   #58
Isaac
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
^The classic recolor would've looked better if the top's unified color was that of the lighter bits on the sides , because that is actually the color of the classic top , at least in TR1 .
As I said ,the only time I can think of in which Lara wore such vivid greenish blue is in Legend's Peru flashback , also maybe in GoL . The classic top looked more greyish pale blue than vivid bright blue .
The greenish blue was used on CGI TR1 Lara renders.
Isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-19, 17:14   #59
Patrick star
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
The greenish blue was used on CGI TR1 Lara renders.
I've just googled "Tomb Raider 1996 renders" and literally every TR1 render that I found had the greyish pale blue top

A few samples :

And even if vivid greenish blue was featured in one or two renders , what matters the most I think is the color of the in-game top since it's the one players look at all the time and gets imprinted in their minds .
Old 24-05-19, 17:38   #60
Isaac
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
I've just googled "Tomb Raider 1996 renders" and literally every TR1 render that I found had the greyish pale blue top

A few samples :

https://i.imgur.com/als3I1c.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/XVJpfph.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/CbME6Oy.jpg

And even if vivid greenish blue was featured in one or two renders , what matters the most I think is the color of the in-game top since it's the one players look at all the time and gets imprinted in their minds .
The first two renders are literally using a cyan tank top, something closer to green than blue:

The reality here is that all classic TR covers (TR1-2-3-4) were cyan-greenish. Even TR4's in-game Lara was more cyan than pale blue.

Secondly, CGI renders were what was used at the time to promote Lara, not her low poly in-game models. I remember more renders than in-game Lara in magazines to be honest.

Yes, some renders seems more greyish-blue (e.g. third render), but that seems to be caused either by the lighting or from the fact many different people made all types of renders all over the place. It's more a result of inconsistency than else (see Lara's collar shape constantly changing from different type of renders between TR1-TR2).

Personally I would have also preferred a more blue-ish tone because indeed, that was the true in-game color, but the fact they went for cyan/green didn't surprise me really.

Last edited by Isaac; 24-05-19 at 17:52.
Isaac is offline   Reply With Quote