www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 24-05-19, 05:58   #201
charmedangelin
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
Yeah I think it was for AOD with the bloodline chamber.
Wich I think reduce Lara to a simple superhero and I don't like this.

Because what's so special about every incarnation of Lara (Core/Crystal etc) is she's a simple human, she doesn't have superpowers and don't need it to be an adventurer.
I don't think she would have been a super hero as she never had special powers. She just always seemed to have more endurance and strength.

It would have made her less relateable, but it sure would have been quite a shocking twist for Lara.

Alot more interesting then most of the crap about her origins.

What if Lara and Kurtis secretly shared an ancestor or something? Maybe that could have explained why Lara felt something about Kurtis, like maybe some kind of connection or sense of familiarity?
Old 24-05-19, 06:12   #202
LateRaider
Archaeologist

i think the most well rounded classic-type lara is top cow lara imo. all praise top cow lara
Old 24-05-19, 06:21   #203
mandylane
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
i think the most well rounded classic-type lara is top cow lara imo. all praise top cow lara
what do you mean cow lara? COW?
mandylane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-19, 06:28   #204
LateRaider
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandylane View Post
what do you mean cow lara? COW?
no mandy, Top Cow was a comic book company that made Tomb Raider comics from 1997-2006. it crossed over with the original Witchblade comics, too. they based it off of Core Design's original Lara Croft. it also kind of started the whole mom and dad issues... instead of it being Lara and some randoms crashing in the Himalayas, it was her mom, her dad, and the Earl of Farringdon, to whom she was engaged before she became the Tomb Raider. just like the randoms from the original backstory, only Lara survived the crash.

they're pretty good. they're being released as Tomb Raider Archives Vol. 1, 2, 3, and 4. idk if you like dual pistol Lara but i recommend them if you can afford them
Old 24-05-19, 06:54   #205
Avalon SARL
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
Yeah this is accurate actually. It was part of Eckhart's experiments to achieve 'super humans'. He was cross breeding humans and Nephilim or something like that.
That is just awful. Maybe solid reason why this game was not even completed and tits sequels were canceled.

This is so much Marvel and it is awful.

Lara Croft is a strong Human Being with lots of strength and endurance.

Follow pages like: superhumanspower on Instagram and you can see what Lara does is simply done by lots of skilled athletes.

There are even clips of a group of mountain bikers who jump from one rocky edge to another above wide gaps; if you fall, it will be the end for you.

There are still lots of stuff that they can add to Lara's skills, but they are busy thinking if they should make her boobs smaller or bigger and how to desperately find new means to make her cry.

Last edited by Avalon SARL; 24-05-19 at 06:58.
Avalon SARL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-19, 07:48   #206
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

I'm not completely sold on the idea either, but I think it could've gone either way. If executed properly maybe it could have worked who knows? I mean the idea of Heath Ledger as The Joker was absurd to the majority of people at first, but in the end he was one of the most memorable versions of the character.

Reading it as is does seem to cheapen her character, but Murti did an amazing job with the game's storytelling and lore so maybe it could have been something cool to see. As any media that tries to tell a story: execution is the key to a good story, not necessarily plot twists.

Last edited by VictorXD; 24-05-19 at 07:49.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-19, 08:03   #207
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon SARL View Post
That is just awful. Maybe solid reason why this game was not even completed and tits sequels were canceled.

This is so much Marvel and it is awful.

Lara Croft is a strong Human Being with lots of strength and endurance.

Follow pages like: superhumanspower on Instagram and you can see what Lara does is simply done by lots of skilled athletes.

There are even clips of a group of mountain bikers who jump from one rocky edge to another above wide gaps; if you fall, it will be the end for you.

There are still lots of stuff that they can add to Lara's skills, but they are busy thinking if they should make her boobs smaller or bigger and how to desperately find new means to make her cry.
Yeah its awful, it might not have been used though.

Games can go through some pretty drastic re-writes and the sequels were still a bit off, at least I'd hope they'd have the common sense if they did make the sequels to realise "Okay maybe this is a bit silly" or they wouldn't have and at it best, It'd be a really dumb plot point in a decent story and at worst it would be absolutely godawful.

I definitely think it would take alot of the self-made Charm out of Lara if it turned out she was superhuman the entire time, She doesn't even display any sort of superhuman things in the game aside from gameplay resistance to damage. (Which AOD even reduced drastically.)
She does get a quite far jump late-AOD but thats really it.

And even then, other human characters in the series have game-y things, Like Larson surviving being shot numerous times in TR1 in his first appearance, Pierre surviving his fall in Chronicles and Winston being an unkillable Elder God, though admitting that last one is a comedic tutorial purpose thing so it doesn't really count.

Last edited by Samz; 24-05-19 at 08:08.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-19, 12:16   #208
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

Actually, the Nephillim idea wasnt kept. It was indeed considered, and almost put into action, but the studios were against it and axed it. Im glad they did too. I was never a fan of that.
Old 25-05-19, 01:38   #209
mandylane
Explorer

Exclamation

this needs to be adressed - physix.

lara being able to interact with objects in the game.

i mean , for example jumping on chair. putting water on or off and so on

very important idea i have. graphically this game looks amazing already
mandylane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-19, 08:32   #210
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandylane View Post
this needs to be adressed - physix.

lara being able to interact with objects in the game.

i mean , for example jumping on chair. putting water on or off and so on

very important idea i have. graphically this game looks amazing already
Physics are always good.

One of my favourite things in the shooting of certain games (Pretty much every non-multiplayer Source game, Driv3r and a few others.) is being able to shoot objects and have them break/get knocked around.

Shooting a shelf and seeing the actual shelf fall off the wall with the objects on it falling on the ground.

Firing a grenade at a desk and seeing the objects on it scatter around the room.

These are good and help the gunplay feel more engaging.