Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 25-03-19, 15:17   #11
Dustie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Du Pont View Post
Not being a jerk here, but is that actually TR1? Her hair is different, she moves more smoothly than TR1 allows, I play it often on PS1 still to this day and she doesn't move no where near that smoothly, it would seem this is TR4 Engine playing TR1, so is this technically acceptable? Again, not trying to be a dick, just trying to understand it.
probably PS1 framerate issues/slowdowns, this is played on PC so it runs smoothly

and there is no way to put TR1 in TR4 engine lol
there are some remakes out there which are TR4 custom level sets technically, this is not that
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 17:16   #12
Sardoc

Thanks, nice to know someone who uses my mods
Sardoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-19, 01:47   #13
sheepman23

Awesome job GRaider! Damn, I have always wanted to do a no-load no-medipacks run, and this might give me the inspiration to do so. TR2 would be my dream game to complete.

Would never have guessed that Natla's Mines was the hardest level... but with the unpredictability of the skateboard kid, that makes a lot of sense. I think Atlantis would seem like the hardest one to me, but at least the winged mutants are slow and the crawlers are sometimes easy to cheese from safety, but damn... that poolroom with the eggs high up and multiple switches to pull? That's a big yikes.

Once again, congrats man. And the extra step of using pistols only is even more amazing.
sheepman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-19, 02:17   #14
TombRaiderTim

I think my Let's Play could be passed for not saving/loading perhaps as I only selected from the level select as I progressed to continue each ones recording but no save or loads were made during any of the levels themselves but I should give a no medipack run a go soemtime.

Let's Play TR1
TombRaiderTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-19, 15:38   #15
GRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepman23 View Post
Awesome job GRaider! Damn, I have always wanted to do a no-load no-medipacks run, and this might give me the inspiration to do so. TR2 would be my dream game to complete.

Would never have guessed that Natla's Mines was the hardest level... but with the unpredictability of the skateboard kid, that makes a lot of sense. I think Atlantis would seem like the hardest one to me, but at least the winged mutants are slow and the crawlers are sometimes easy to cheese from safety, but damn... that poolroom with the eggs high up and multiple switches to pull? That's a big yikes.

Once again, congrats man. And the extra step of using pistols only is even more amazing.
Thank you, sheepman!

Tomb Raider 2 might be the next one, but this will be harder than this one and longer. I probably won't start until late summer.

First, I also thought Atlantis were the hardest level. 32 of the hardest enemies and only with pistols, but with much practice I found a way to kill nearly every atlantean without taking too much damage. It needed much precision in jumping, shooting and guessing the AI of the enemies. The last thing is nearly impossible, the AI is not predictable to 100% in this game.
And the one before the doppelganger room was the hardest one. But in the end I died only two times in Atlantis by reaching it for times, so the practice worked out. But with the skateboard kid it is different. He is too unpredictable and can easily take alot amount of health from Lara and even when he is dead, I still have the shotgun guy to take care of (it is a no kills run, so beating the door is not an option).

In the near future I will also upload the failed attempts.
GRaider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-19, 16:10   #16
Drayuu

Smile New NLNMAS Section

Hello!

I would like to share with you this new NLNMAS section on Stella's website!

https://tombraiders.net/NLNMAS/TR-NLNMAS.html

It's under Community.

It's a nice way to gather up players doing this tough challenge! A dedicated Discord server also exist to help players and promote the NLNMAS streams/videos.

See you <3
Drayuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-19, 16:12   #17
Woops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drayuu View Post
Hello!

It's under Community.

It's a nice way to gather up players doing this tough challenge! A dedicated Discord server also exist to help players and promote the NLNMAS streams/videos.

See you <3
Nice work! I'll definitely submit my finished attempts when I get to it. Looks very neat and exciting. Amazing work! Huge thanks to everyone who worked on this. It's nice having documentation on who finished this challenge.
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-19, 16:34   #18
GRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drayuu View Post
Hello!

It's under Community.

See you <3
Thank you for the site. Last time I tried I got an error message. But I think I failed the no-glitch-rule. I used the corner bug to get the impossible medipack in Palace Midas.
GRaider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-19, 10:17   #19
Pierre Du Pont

Im having a brain fart, does it show at the end of each level how many medi packs used? Like is there a way to prove this? I've just completed TR1 moved onto tr2 now, might go back to TR1 after and attempt this.
Pierre Du Pont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-19, 10:55   #20
Woops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Du Pont View Post
Im having a brain fart, does it show at the end of each level how many medi packs used? Like is there a way to prove this? I've just completed TR1 moved onto tr2 now, might go back to TR1 after and attempt this.
wat

Watch the videos, no meds are used lol
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote