www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 08-09-19, 12:42   #81
SoraSakai
Professor

People finding the Indiana Jones scene racist.
Old 08-09-19, 14:02   #82
FanosCroft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
People finding the Indiana Jones scene racist.
who did
Old 08-09-19, 17:50   #83
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

Indiana Jones 2 was considered racist for many years ... it's not something new. I do not understand the surprise. You just have to read any article to read the controversy about the movie.

"Since its release in 1984 the film has also been the subject of controversy due to its portrayal of India and Hinduism.[44][45][46]

The depiction of Hindus caused controversy in India, and brought it to the attention of the country's censors, who placed a temporary ban on it.[44] The depiction of the goddess Kali as a representative of the underworld and evil was met with much criticism, as she is almost exclusively depicted as a goddess of change and empowerment (Shakti), meaning that while she does destroy, she almost always does so in order to effect positive change. The depiction of Indian cuisine was also criticized, as dishes such as baby snakes, eyeball soup, beetles, and chilled monkey brains are not actual Indian foods. Shashi Tharoor has condemned the film and has criticized numerous parts of the film as offensive and factually inaccurate.[45] Yvette Rosser has criticized the film for contributing to negative stereotypes of Indians in Western society, writing "[it] seems to have been taken as a valid portrayal of India by many teachers, since a large number of students surveyed complained that teachers referred to the eating of monkey brains."
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-19, 18:18   #84
_Seth
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
Indiana Jones 2 was considered racist for many years ... it's not something new. I do not understand the surprise. You just have to read any article to read the controversy about the movie.
[I]
I'm aware of this, but it doesn't make it any less stupid and unfounded.

Oh no how dare they show a small group of people eating monkey brains and committing essentially devil worship. That must mean the film is saying that all of India is like this.
Old 08-09-19, 19:14   #85
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

I'm watching a movie called The Pyramid which was made for 6.5M the effects are not very good and the film isn't great but what they've done with the set on that budget is amazing.

It might make sense for them to focus on the Mayan setting in Shadow it'd provide something visually striking and they could film in Columbia and take advantage of a 40% tax incentive too.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 08-09-19 at 20:37.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-19, 06:28   #86
ccroft2003
Archaeologist

So we’re only 18 months out from the movies release date. The new Mortal Kombat movie which releases the week after TR has gone into production... it won’t be long until I suspect TR will do the same?!
Old 17-09-19, 07:32   #87
joona
Historian

Alicia is probably on a diet at the moment and they start filming early next year. Canít wait for the first pictures from set. I donít want to know everything in advance this time though.
joona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-19, 07:38   #88
SoraSakai
Professor

Me too!
This time, I’m not going to read anything or look at any pictures or trailer.
If you see me post in this thread at all or even see me active in it after today, reply to this saying “Saki, you’re a god damn idiot! You lied!”
Old 17-09-19, 07:57   #89
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

They probably follow the same calendar as TR 2018. Announcement cast: January. Shooting: February. Trailer: September (although they could release the trailer with WW in summer... would be smart). I believe that the only information we will have until the end of the year is some about locations

I love to see photos and imagine and investigate ... I know they are great spoilers but I love it! I just hope the Script is not leaked

On the other hand, I expect a better activity in Social Media. They already have the accounts created with a certain public ... although they already begin to make mistakes without writing anything in TombRaiderMovie accounts.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 17-09-19 at 08:01.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-19, 08:30   #90
ccroft2003
Archaeologist

I'd say that location scouts have or are already out looking for shooting locations with pre-production well underway and filming due to commence in January. That then gives them a solid year, similar to the schedule of the 1st movie.

It will also be perfect weather-wise, should they need a snowy location!

Personally, I hope they mix up the movie with some Rise inspired snow location/Russian base followed by a Mayan temple/pyramid and jungle at the end!