Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 13-01-13, 04:49   #41
lcroft_lc

Impressive. Those bullets felt like candy. And the girl is hawt. She is very similar to Josie Maran, who also modeled in NFS: Most Wanted (2005).

Wait! This is just a teaser for original trailer!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo_91 View Post
Did anyone else laugh at the "Coming: When it's ready"? Lol
lcroft_lc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-13, 04:59   #42
Ward Dragon
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcroft_lc View Post
Wait! This is just a teaser for original trailer!!
I think they said that a longer version of the trailer is coming out. I thought it totally did its job as a trailer as it is right now, but I'd certainly love to see more of what happened before and/or after that scene
Ward Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-13, 05:02   #43
Sir Croft

Awesome. I can't wait!
Sir Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-13, 05:03   #44
Dark_Messiah

They should not release too many trailers now with a release of 2015 in mind. I doubt we'll hear much about that game in 2013. They'll probably focus on The Witcher 3
Dark_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-13, 05:06   #45
Ward Dragon
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Messiah View Post
They should not release too many trailers now with a release of 2015 in mind. I doubt we'll hear much about that game in 2013. They'll probably focus on The Witcher 3
Yeah, the Cyberpunk trailer had a freeze-frame message in it heavily implying that Witcher 3 will be announced on February 5th so I expect them to start focusing on that soon

But they probably will keep up a slow trickle of media for Cyberpunk setting up the universe and what general tone we can expect from the game even if they don't have any gameplay to show yet. I don't think they'd release this trailer so soon if they didn't have a plan to follow it up with other information.
Old 01-05-13, 15:43   #46
lcroft_lc

CDProjekt discusses Cyberpunk 2077's gameplay and plot

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/...into-cyberpunk

Few important bits:

Combat:
Quote:
Cyberpunk hasn’t been as easy to adapt as a video game as you might think. Pen and paper mechanics have been the foundation of many digital RPGs over the years, but they do not translate well into the kind of game that CDP is trying to make. “The game mechanics are totally different on paper, they don’t work in video games because they would be super boring,” Mateusz says.

“The main problem is that the original system is based on dice rolls. When you think about Cyberpunk you think about shooting, action, a lot of explosions. But that doesn’t fit dice rolls in a video game. We want to make it more action-like – there will be a system that lets you use active skills actually in the gameplay in a shooting sequence or something like that, rather than just passive skills like in the books.”
Character Customization:
Quote:
Character customisation, for instance, was necessarily not an option in Geralt’s world. But in Cyberpunk 2077, it’s self-defined role-playing: your style and personality will have deep and far-reaching effects on the world and how it reacts to you. “We will have several features that allow you to create your [visual] style, and your style will affect gameplay, storyline and relationships between characters,” explains creative director Sebastian Stepien. “Your appearance and your dress will change the behaviour of NPCs, and also the story also in some parts,” Mateusz adds. Style and appearance works together with the personality you create for your character and express in conversation to determine how the world reacts to you.
Dialog System:
Quote:
“It’s about telling story via what happens, not cutscenes or other features,” Mateusz says. “To do that we need to create a totally new unique dialogue system – we’re doing that right now, it should be awesome.”
Plot Focus:
Quote:
“The psycho squad is just one of many cool elements in this world," Sebastian explains. “We had several ideas for this short teaser and had to focus on one of them. Augmentations and cyberware is a big subject in the world, and that’s why it’s in the teaser. But it won’t be a game about police hunting cyber-psychos. That’s a sub-plot… The story will be low-level. We are not going to save the world, or even save a city. We are focused on the main character and his problems, or her problems.”
Release Date/Etc:
Quote:
CD Projekt is taking its time with Cyberpunk 2077. It almost certainly won't be out before 2015 on PC - nothing's confirmed, but it seems likely given The Witcher 3's simultaneous release that it will appear on the next-gen consoles too. The team is still playing around and experimenting with ideas, throwing things like multiplayer and prototyping. But the vision is firmly in place, and you get the impression that it has been since before CDP even started work on this project. If I were Mike Pondsmith, I'd have confidence in them too.
lcroft_lc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-13, 17:12   #47
Ward Dragon
Golden

Quote:
We are focused on the main character and his problems, or her problems.
Cool, I think this is the first time they confirmed that it's possible to pick a female player character. After how well they handled Geralt, it ought to be interesting to see them write a female character with a lot of depth

Everything else sounds interesting too
Old 01-05-13, 17:18   #48
Nemo_91

Everything sounds amazing. I just hope they can pull it off.
Nemo_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-13, 17:57   #49
dream raider

Yeah, it does sound amazing! I just hate that there will be multiplayer. >.<

CDProjeckt seem really talented and I was intrigued by Witcher, but tbh I never completed it. I started with 2 but it really felt like you had to play 1 to understand, and I just never got around to it yet. Seems a little male-oriented too. I wouldn't be interested in Cyberpunk if you weren't able to create your own character. I miss solo RPGs that don't suck!
dream raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-13, 18:11   #50
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream raider View Post
Yeah, it does sound amazing! I just hate that there will be multiplayer. >.<

CDProjeckt seem really talented and I was intrigued by Witcher, but tbh I never completed it. I started with 2 but it really felt like you had to play 1 to understand, and I just never got around to it yet. Seems a little male-oriented too. I wouldn't be interested in Cyberpunk if you weren't able to create your own character. I miss solo RPGs that don't suck!
I played the Witcher 2 without ever touching the first game and I understood it perfectly fine. And the Witcher is far from being male oriented.
Carbonek_0051 is offline   Reply With Quote