Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 25-06-19, 14:55   #26001
thlenoir

SOTTR has sidequests based on exploration (with crypts for example) and some based on story (the murder mystery for example).

It's not about pressing E or not, it's about variety.

But we heard, you didn't like it in SOTTR and you didn't like in ROTTR, that's too bad for you.

I like it, it was not stupid Fed-Ex quest like in almost every others games.
thlenoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-19, 14:59   #26002
killchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thlenoir View Post
It's not about pressing E or not, it's about variety.
Saying it isn't doesn't prove anything.
they were all the same thing with a different skin.

again, play the game I linked
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-19, 15:01   #26003
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
I'm asking for this content to make sense, actually matter, be better, involve some gameplay.
SOTTR is on a good path then. Side content makes sense, it matters (but isn't vital for progression, so, again, win-win), it's better than ROTTR, and involves gameplay - mostly exploration, learning more lore, combat, platforming, and in some cases, Tomb and Crypts solving.

Quote:
but ehi if you think that asking for a linear campaign where lore, stories and whatever are actually well integrated in the actual mechanics and puzzle solving aspect of the game is literally removing content and not allowing people to enjoy the side yadayada... Resident Evil says hi.
I don't give a damn about RE. I'm talking about Tomb Raider, and the stuff I like to see in it - such as having missions, docs, etc. that enriches the lore with expanded info, that isn't required and doesn't hinder one from progressing the main plot.

Quote:
ahah yeah no, don't play dumb with me.

I literally mean that you can reach all the ""hidden"" locations of the map by just walking, aimlessly.
No need for quests. don't give 'em more credits than they deserve.
Which isn't 100% true, and which I've also said in the portion if you left out for some reason, that should be expanded upon, regardless. And gave you Temple of The Sun as one example that you don't find by accident. And, either way, "walking aimlessly" is exploration - you're walking, and exploring the stuff you find along the way
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-19, 15:08   #26004
killchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
SOTTR is on a good path then. Side content makes sense, it matters (but isn't vital for progression, so, again, win-win), it's better than ROTTR, and involves gameplay - mostly exploration, learning more lore, combat, platforming, and in some cases, Tomb and Crypts solving.
the vast majority of paititi is explorable without sidequests. the things and locations you find in the process, you just happen to find them by coincidence.
You can clear 90% of the map without quests.
I know, because that's what I did.

It's a ****ing city, not a maze or anything.

Quote:
I don't give a damn about RE.
aka example.

Quote:
Which isn't 100% true, and which I've also said in the portion if you left out for some reason, that should be expanded upon, regardless. And gave you Temple of The Sun as one example that you don't find by accident. And, either way, "walking aimlessly" is exploration - you're walking, and exploring the stuff you find along the way
...dude you can get to the temple of the sun in at least 3 different ways.

have you... EXPLORED enough?
I don't think so.

EDIT: and btw, thanks for proving my point that tombs sit right on the perimeter by mentioning that particular one

Last edited by killchan; 25-06-19 at 15:13.
Old 25-06-19, 15:36   #26005
Vaskito

Quote:
the vast majority of paititi is explorable without sidequests.
And? Side quests will lead you to proper exploration too, so you don't even need to aimlessly explore Paititi, because if you do the side quests, they will make you do it regardless

Quote:
the things and locations you find in the process,
you just happen to find them by coincidence.
You can clear 90% of the map without quests.
I know, because that's what I did.
It's a ****ing city, not a maze or anything.
So, you've explored it. Cool, we're on the same page then. Exploration is required to find stuff, and to find places. Some are too obvious and should be expanded upon, but exploration is always involved to some degree - unlike what you were suggesting

Quote:
...dude you can get to the temple of the sun in at least 3 different ways.
2, actually - both of which require exploration

Quote:
have you... EXPLORED enough?
I don't think so. .
Nope, not at all. Even though I have 100% the game once, I'm on the processs of doing it again, and still finding some stuff I didn't before

Quote:
EDIT: and btw, thanks for proving my point that tombs sit right on the perimeter by mentioning that particular one

Quote:
they're caverns. or did you expect them to just sit in the middle of the village?
Some do, and, in Temple of the Sun, it requires exploration. You won't dive into a small well, inside a hut, or climb a disguised cramble wall, "by accident" Or actually, you'll do, because you'll be doing it out of exploration
Old 25-06-19, 17:41   #26006
Chamayoo

To visit St Juan's crypt you need to activate the side quest though (no other possible ways), same for the Nahaul quest, the little boy in Kuwaq Yaku or the little girl sacrifice in Paititi to fight trinities.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-19, 17:48   #26007
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
To visit St Juan's crypt you need to activate the side quest though (no other possible ways), same for the Nahaul quest, the little boy in Kuwaq Yaku or the little girl sacrifice in Paititi to fight trinities.
But it makes sense in a story PoV - up until the Side Quest, Lara doesn't know there's a switch to open the door.
The little girl sacrifice doesn't activate any crypt, I believe.
Old 25-06-19, 17:51   #26008
Chamayoo

Quote:
But it makes sense in a story PoV - up until the Side Quest, Lara doesn't know there's a switch to open the door.
The little girl sacrifice doesn't activate any crypt, I believe.
It wasn't a critic, I just show that you cannot randomly access to these areas or fights by just explore the map by yourself.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-19, 17:54   #26009
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
It wasn't a critic, I just show that you cannot randomly access to these areas or fights by just explore the map by yourself.
Yes, I know
I was actually trying to make sense out of it lmao
Old 25-06-19, 18:20   #26010
killchan

Quote:
Some do, and, in Temple of the Sun, it requires exploration. You won't dive into a small well, inside a hut, or climb a disguised cramble wall, "by accident" Or actually, you'll do, because you'll be doing it out of exploration
oh, you call THAT exploration?
my bad, I should have known you have standards this low.