www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 17-02-18, 16:46   #71
Bagpus
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsunt View Post
it's a waste of time, because my project (I promise, I'll create separate thread at last) will soon get support for the golden mask (along with the base game, of course). All the bugs will be eliminated, and there will no need in any additional paches for the Golden Mask nevermore.
After trying to get TR2 working with the expansion last night in widescreen and fullscreen without borders last night, Iím looking forward to this all-in-one solution. TR1 already has an excellent patch to get everything souped up and working, with a nice launcher for the expansion, so it would be nice to see TR2 have the same.

I managed to get TR2 working fine in widescreen with corrected FoV and fullscreen without borders, but couldnít get my Steam Controller to work. I couldnít get rid of the ugly fullscreen borders with Golden Mask, despite your uploaded exe.
Bagpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-18, 00:59   #72
Famicom
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpus View Post
After trying to get TR2 working with the expansion last night in widescreen and fullscreen without borders last night, Iím looking forward to this all-in-one solution. TR1 already has an excellent patch to get everything souped up and working, with a nice launcher for the expansion, so it would be nice to see TR2 have the same.
Are you talking about TombATI or anything else I'm not aware of?
Old 18-03-18, 10:19   #73
Bagpus
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famicom View Post
Are you talking about TombATI or anything else I'm not aware of?
I used this over on the Steam pages:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=932208684
Bagpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-18, 14:47   #74
Famicom
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpus View Post
I used this over on the Steam pages:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=932208684
Yup, that's TombATI + LeonDeka's HD FMVs
Old 20-05-18, 11:22   #75
victor_tr4
Hobbyist

I did it and it worked but I now can't see the Eidos FMV. How can I fix that. Thank you so much.
victor_tr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-18, 11:24   #76
victor_tr4
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
If you needed Garrett's Fullscreen Border Removal patch, you may have noticed that he didn't include Tomb Raider II Gold: Golden Mask to his patch. This means that Golden Mask's window borders will appear in fullscreen mode. I attempted to rectify this by providing an unofficial update to his patch, but Windows 10 users have told me that this makes the music stop functioning.

I'm going to show you how to use Windowed Borderless Gaming to remove the border AND keep the music!

1. After installing TRII Gold, download Westech Solutions' program Windowed Borderless Gaming, available here: http://westechsolutions.net/sites/Wi...essGaming/home

2. This program does not require installation, so put it someplace you think it would be safe.

3. Load Golden Mask's Setup.EXE and configure it how you'd like. The important part is to tick the radio button that puts it in windowed mode. (Yes, you ARE going to want to configure your preferences for fullscreen mode at this point as well.)

4. Load TRII Gold. It should load up in windowed mode.

5. Double click your Windowed Borderless Gaming executable. You'll be told to open it from the taskbar to configure it. Right click on Windowed Borderless Gaming and select "Add Window ( F3 )".

6. Switch back to TRII Gold and press F3. This will have captured it in Windowed Borderless Gaming.

7. Now normally, you'd need to further configure your game in Windowed Borderless Gaming to get your desired effect. However, with TRII Gold, you can just press F12 to go into fullscreen.

8. The window border should be gone! You'll be able to see Lara's health bar, hear the music, and be in fullscreen all at once. You will need to load Windowed Borderless Gaming every time you want to play Golden Mask, however.

But how does this work? Windowed Borderless Gaming is only supposed to affect windowed games! Well, the thing is, TRII Gold doesn't actually play in fullscreen; it plays in a window that hides your desktop and taskbar, as well as the window border itself. Something got broken in the transition to Windows 10--who'd have thunk it?--and the border revealed itself once more. Windowed Borderless gaming will give you the proper display because it's meant to hide window borders!

I hope it can help some of you.

I did it and it worked but now I can't see the Eidos FMV logo. How can I fix that? Thank you so much.
victor_tr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-19, 16:57   #77
Woops
Archaeologist

uhh sorry to bump (unless you want me to create a new thread lol) but the link to the audio files seems to be dead, does anyone still have these anywhere? thank you
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-19, 17:11   #78
Danath
Archaeologist

Lightbulb Music files

See if this music solution works, it's the one i'm using for my game. Skip the .exe contained in:

Audio Files

This is stored on my Drive folder, so it won't get deleted.
Old 30-09-19, 22:59   #79
LateRaider
Professor

thank you woops. crap, i'll mirror these

edit - placed the corrected files in the tutorial

edit 2 - also aww this was me 4 years ago before i hated the fandom. i was so cute and innocent

Last edited by LateRaider; 30-09-19 at 23:16.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-19, 11:34   #80
laravision
Archaeologist

Unless I'm mistaken, the OP doesn't appear to contain any link with an updated audio pack. I believe the OP used to contain the mp3 audio files which for some reason have now been deleted.

So, in addition to the wma music solution posted by Danath, I've gone ahead and uploaded the mp3 files, plus the 2 required .dll files - fmodex.dll and winmm.dll. They can be downloaded here.