www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 25-12-17, 18:13   #61
Danath
Archaeologist

Smile

Hi, i don't know if these files are fully up to date by now, but i found links to the TR2Gold Home level and music files.

- Home Level mod: link
- Audio files fix: link

They are from this thread on the steam forums.
This also interests me as i recently got a gog copy of TR2. Hope they are the right files.
Old 26-12-17, 08:23   #62
LateRaider
Professor

Thanks for the files, Danath. I reuploaded those files to my new Mega account. Those are indeed the files you need.

Last edited by LateRaider; 15-07-19 at 16:28.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-17, 16:46   #63
Danath
Archaeologist

No problem, happy to help. Fortunately it works for Steam and GOG the same way.
Old 09-02-18, 16:02   #64
charmedangelin
Inactive

Does anyone know how to patch the t2gold exe for full screen without the boarders? I have the full screen patch installed for the classics 2-5, but tomb raider 2 gold still shows that boarder.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-18, 17:15   #65
LateRaider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Does anyone know how to patch the t2gold exe for full screen without the boarders? I have the full screen patch installed for the classics 2-5, but tomb raider 2 gold still shows that boarder.
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...2&postcount=58

there is no way to fix it without windowed borderless gaming unless you want to break the music to not work anymore.
Old 09-02-18, 17:40   #66
Arsunt
Historian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
there is no way to fix it without windowed borderless gaming unless you want to break the music to not work anymore.
Nothing is impossible! Send me your exe and I'll patch it manually.
Old 09-02-18, 18:02   #67
LateRaider
Professor

Alright, make sure you installed TR2 Gold using my method first so we ensure compatibility. It works for both Steam and GOG.
Old 09-02-18, 18:22   #68
charmedangelin
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsunt View Post
Nothing is impossible! Send me your exe and I'll patch it manually.
Thanks, I sent a PM
Old 09-02-18, 21:49   #69
Arsunt
Historian

Quote:
Thanks, I sent a PM
Ok. I put two files in one archive (download) - the one that you've sent, and the one that I've patched.
  • t2gold_windowed - the one that you've sent. Good for windowed mode because the game window has resizable frame and control buttons (Close/Minimize/Maximize)
  • t2gold_fullscreen - the one that I've patched. Good for fullscreen mode because it has fullscreen style with no border and no control buttons.
How to get both styles in a single EXE? Well, it's a bit complicated. To do this, I would have to write inside the EXE a special function that would change the window styles when switching to windowed or fullscreen modes. At the moment, it's a waste of time, because my project (I promise, I'll create separate thread at last) will soon get support for the golden mask (along with the base game, of course). All the bugs will be eliminated, and there will no need in any additional paches for the Golden Mask nevermore.

How it works? Let me show you this recovered source code line. Here the game calls CreateWindowEx() function with WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW style which is OK for windowed mode. But for fullscreen mode we must use WS_POPUP style, so I've just changed style in this place of your EXE.

How it should work? In the same source code you may see my improvement - the setWindowStyle() function, that removes old window style and sets new one. It is called from WinVidGoFullScreen() and WinVidGoWindowed() as it should be done by Core Design in the first place.

Last edited by Arsunt; 09-02-18 at 21:50.
Arsunt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-18, 22:43   #70
charmedangelin
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsunt View Post
Ok. I put two files in one archive (download) - the one that you've sent, and the one that I've patched.
  • t2gold_windowed - the one that you've sent. Good for windowed mode because the game window has resizable frame and control buttons (Close/Minimize/Maximize)
  • t2gold_fullscreen - the one that I've patched. Good for fullscreen mode because it has fullscreen style with no border and no control buttons.
How to get both styles in a single EXE? Well, it's a bit complicated. To do this, I would have to write inside the EXE a special function that would change the window styles when switching to windowed or fullscreen modes. At the moment, it's a waste of time, because my project (I promise, I'll create separate thread at last) will soon get support for the golden mask (along with the base game, of course). All the bugs will be eliminated, and there will no need in any additional paches for the Golden Mask nevermore.

How it works? Let me show you this recovered source code line. Here the game calls CreateWindowEx() function with WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW style which is OK for windowed mode. But for fullscreen mode we must use WS_POPUP style, so I've just changed style in this place of your EXE.

How it should work? In the same source code you may see my improvement - the setWindowStyle() function, that removes old window style and sets new one. It is called from WinVidGoFullScreen() and WinVidGoWindowed() as it should be done by Core Design in the first place.
Very nice, it works very well. I can't wait to see all of the patches you have coming for the Tomb Raider classics. Thank you for this.