www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 05-11-18, 13:25   #18521
PhryneCroft
Hobbyist

I've tried it again as you said, has worked after a long try. And thanks for your help Lore
Old 06-11-18, 16:31   #18522
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Ehhh.... I've hit yet another creative/productive brick wall.
Mainly due to my ideas not being possible thanks to TR4s engine
(TR2/3 enemies that refuse to work properly) or limitations thanks to enemy slots (trying to use 3 different mutants from TR3 which are ALL in the Scorpion slot)

EDIT: Decided to completely go off on a random tangent and not make a TR level - well more of a fantasy theme

Last edited by dcw123; 07-11-18 at 12:49.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-18, 23:25   #18523
MarlenaCrystal
Student

Hello everyone

I hope it's okay to ask for help with sounds in this thread and not in the Sounds Request Thread, but I thought the other thread seemed very dead.^^

Could someone make two sound files seamless for me, that I can use them as a loop?
I'm not unexperienced in sound editing, but when it comes to the Level Editor sound format I always fail.
I edit most of my sound files with Samplitude, but the only way that my sounds will work is by exporting them as a mp3 and converting them to the specific Wave format with the startme.exe (even if I have the correct export format, Wave, 16 Bit, Mono, PCM etc., the only way is with the converter-exe).

So it is hard for me to create a seamless loop sound for the Level editor, since the mp3-format has some kind of clipping at the end of a file. ://
MarlenaCrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-18, 13:20   #18524
LoreRaider
Archaeologist

What about using Audacity? It output files in the right .wav TR sounds format
Old 07-11-18, 14:56   #18525
A_De
Archaeologist

I encountered a weird bug with HORSEMAN enemy. When he dies at the sector with keypad (the switch ported from TRC) he just disappears without dying animation. The problem is that he has an important pickup which does not appear in that case. Is there any solution for that? The grey box thing does not always help because the combat is in narrow hall

And is it possible to stack 2-click high pushables?

Last edited by A_De; 07-11-18 at 14:58.
A_De is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-18, 15:04   #18526
MarlenaCrystal
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreRaider View Post
What about using Audacity? It output files in the right .wav TR sounds format
I already thought that I had to do it by myself, since it is useful to be able to do such things on my own.^^
Even if I think, that Audacity is confusing sometimes, I finally got it now. Thanks for your push to try it once more on my own.
MarlenaCrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-18, 18:31   #18527
AkyV

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_De View Post
I encountered a weird bug with HORSEMAN enemy. When he dies at the sector with keypad (the switch ported from TRC) he just disappears without dying animation. The problem is that he has an important pickup which does not appear in that case. Is there any solution for that? The grey box thing does not always help because the combat is in narrow hall
What if you create a zone of heavy triggers around the switch sector:
- the inner ring turns the flipmap on
- the outer ring turns the flipmap off
So if the horseman is close to the switch then it turns the flipmap on. otherways it turns it back off.

In the fliproom, you remove the Switch trigger, and swap the switch for an Animating fake switch.
I mean, supposedly Lara doesn't have time to type in the keypad while she needs to fight just at the keypad.

And you also have a GlobalTrigger:
I mean if the horseman died at the switch then he never leaves the zone again, the flipmap will never be turned back off.
So the GlobalTrigger will start an Organizer if the man dies. You leave a few tick frames for the organizer so the body starts disappearing and the item appears. While it happens, the player will definitely not rush to the fake switch to try to switch, but probably look at the item appeared at the body. If the timer expires, the Organizer also turns the flipmap back off.

Last edited by AkyV; 07-11-18 at 19:08.
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-18, 03:14   #18528
A_De
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkyV View Post
What if you create a zone of heavy triggers around the switch sector:
- the inner ring turns the flipmap on
- the outer ring turns the flipmap off
So if the horseman is close to the switch then it turns the flipmap on. otherways it turns it back off.
The flipmap is already used there. It is for decorative effect only, but it's prefered to save it as it is. I would rather use another enemy slot or remove the Die command with a lot of scripting to simulate the dropped pickup

Which enemies can carry pickups? There must be melee-attacking enemy, but Baddy1 & 2 slots are busy.

Last edited by A_De; 08-11-18 at 03:16.
A_De is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-18, 14:21   #18529
LoreRaider
Archaeologist

^ DOG enemy is one of them, I don't remember some others
Old 08-11-18, 19:22   #18530
A_De
Archaeologist

^ Thank you. The dog slot is still free in my wad, should give it a try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_De View Post
Did anybody test the LITTLE_BEETLE with more than 2 meshes? Will they work like those beetles from TRC's VCI which have 4 meshes?
In case if someone else is interested: no, only 2 first meshes of LITTLE_BEETLE are used, others just don't show in game.