www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 29-09-19, 17:14   #19371
dinne
Archaeologist

Hi, I have a problem with the Horizon.
I have a warehouse, that's very big, and I can see the horizon far away even though it's all indoor. If I get closer to one side of the warehouse, the horizon disappears and the environment is viewed correctly.
The ideal thing would be to be able to activate/deactivate the horizon with a trigger, since I have indoor and outdoor areas, but I don't know if it's possible. Let me know if it exists a solution. If not, I'll rearrange my outdoor areas in some ways, setting the horizon as not enabled.

(if this double posting after days is not allowed just please delete my past post...)

dinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-19, 17:38   #19372
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Horizon only appears in rooms set as outside. In TE this is controlled with the "Skybox" checkbox.

Either way you can change the clipping range by setting viewing distance in the script, check WorldFarView and LevelFarView in NG Center. It should be done along with FogRange, so that fogs covers up the view before it is clipped.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-19, 17:51   #19373
LoreRaider
Archaeologist

Using WorldFarView= 127 should do the trick
Actually as Dustie reported there's also a LevelFarView, which is for the single level, but it causes some flickering on objects from what I know and remember
Old 29-09-19, 19:50   #19374
dinne
Archaeologist

Perfect! Thanks to both, I don't have distance fog so no problem for that, I used "WorldFarView=127" in the [Options] section of the script and now it's fixed.
Old 29-09-19, 20:06   #19375
OverRaider
Student

Its not very wise to use the max amount of "boxes" to be seen in distance view that is 127, because it renders the whole level all the time even parts which you dont see and that might be too heavy for some pc causing lags and even crashes. Imagine that default was around 20 or so in TR4. 40-60 should do absolutely fine in your level. But you should know best as it is your level
OverRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-19, 20:43   #19376
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreRaider View Post
Using WorldFarView= 127 should do the trick
Actually as Dustie reported there's also a LevelFarView, which is for the single level, but it causes some flickering on objects from what I know and remember
Not if you also have WorldFarView= 127 in the {Options] section of the script.
Old 29-09-19, 21:05   #19377
dinne
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverRaider View Post
Its not very wise to use the max amount of "boxes" to be seen in distance view that is 127, because it renders the whole level all the time even parts which you dont see and that might be too heavy for some pc causing lags and even crashes. Imagine that default was around 20 or so in TR4. 40-60 should do absolutely fine in your level. But you should know best as it is your level
Thanks then I'll take it in acccount, and I'll use a lower value. I've no idea about the required performances of the computers to not get lag on a TR level, but yes you'll never know what hardware users have
Old 30-09-19, 09:42   #19378
TR-Freak
Professor

There is a difference between WorldFarView and LevelFarView.

WorldFarView is the maximum distance the game can ever render.
For some reason the Z fighting is reduced when you have a higher value (flickering with overlapping ffaces)

The LevelFarView is the actual draw distance in the level, you can set it to a lower number.
Old 30-09-19, 10:11   #19379
Mulf
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR-Freak View Post
Z fighting
Z fighting?

Anyway, good to know how you can prevent this case of flickering faces. Hadn't heard about this one.
Mulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-19, 10:43   #19380
Krystian
Explorer

Z-fighting is when a renderer has issues rendering co-planar (or very close) faces of objects. The two faces are seen by the renderer as occupying the same Z depth space (in other words, distance) and it cannot resolve which one should be rendered over the other, resulting in flickering between the two faces, as they "fight" which one gets to be rendered in front of the other:

You can see characteristic "patches" of the two faces flickering as the perspective changes.
Krystian is offline   Reply With Quote