www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Last Revelation

Old 23-12-19, 17:51   #1
annacroft
Explorer

Default Changing the sound (.wav) files...

With the release of the Dark Angel Symphony, I have been trying to replace the sound files in The Last Revelation with other ones. Namely, Jeep Thrills Max. I have converted the .flac to .wav and overwritten the one in the program files (the audio folder) and when I play the game there's just no music, just the normal ambience/sound effects when Lara gets in the jeep. Does anyone know how to overwrite the files properly?

I also want to stress here that I have paid for both a legal Steam copy of The Last Revelation and The Dark Angel Symphony digital download. I am merely trying to replace the files for my own personal use and not for distribution.

Thankyou
Old 23-12-19, 21:12   #2
Joey79100
Professor

You might need to check if your format matches the original format used by the game. It's not just regular WAV, for instance the original TRLE engine uses 44100Hz Microsoft ADPCM WAV files, but since the engine was modified in the sound department compared to TR4, it might even be something different.
To check if your files have the same format, you can open the file's properties, open the Details tab, and compare the bitrate. If it's different, then it's probably that your files are not in the correct format.

You can use Audacity's batch export functionality to import and reexport all your files in the desired format in a few clicks. To try the Microsoft ADPCM WAV format, in the batch export window, select "Other uncompressed formats" in the Format select box, then in the options below select WAV (Microsoft), then Microsoft ADPCM. Then export everything.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-19, 21:44   #3
annacroft
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
You might need to check if your format matches the original format used by the game. It's not just regular WAV, for instance the original TRLE engine uses 44100Hz Microsoft ADPCM WAV files, but since the engine was modified in the sound department compared to TR4, it might even be something different.
To check if your files have the same format, you can open the file's properties, open the Details tab, and compare the bitrate. If it's different, then it's probably that your files are not in the correct format.

You can use Audacity's batch export functionality to import and reexport all your files in the desired format in a few clicks. To try the Microsoft ADPCM WAV format, in the batch export window, select "Other uncompressed formats" in the Format select box, then in the options below select WAV (Microsoft), then Microsoft ADPCM. Then export everything.
Thank you so so so much!!! I was previously exporting them as standard .wav files!! And now it works fine, cannot thank you enough!
Old 23-12-19, 23:34   #4
mizuno_suisei
Relic Hunter

You should look out for madplay and start_me that comes with many trle levels and the NGLE. This converts any mp3 file to tr4/trle/tr5 compatible WAVS, both Audio and Sound Effects depending on how you name your mp3s

104.mp3 will turn into TR4 audio format
Lar_jmp.mp3 will turn into TR4 SFX format