Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 18-11-19, 17:48   #21
Joey79100

I'm curious too, what are the reasons for now allowing TE? It won't bring any "advantage" over NGLE users, apart from being much more comfy to use. It will only bring back more builders, instead of pushing them away by forcing NGLE.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-19, 17:50   #22
Tombraider95

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinne View Post
A question, anyway: will this BtB feature a Reboot-like Lara, like in the banner? As appearence and voices... That would make me figure out what kind of "mood" is proposed.
I really hope not as it's a classic theme.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-19, 18:11   #23
dinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
I really hope not as it's a classic theme.
Yeah I hope too, because well, me and probably many other trle builders aren't Reboot fans at all, but actually it may not be a total "turn off": it can be also seen as a challenge, like:"Let's show them (SE/EM) what a real Tomb Raider should have been, with their kind of asset" lol
dinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-19, 19:09   #24
AgentXP

Seems I'm one of the few people who is pleased it's now NGLE and TRNG, and not Tomb Editor. (And who wouldn't consider participating if it was exclusively TE building)

I'm super excited for the package, (and would have been up for helping with the textures again, had I known it was WIP!) However the timing for building is not great for me, and I'm not sure if I want to go straight into another competition right after CaC. I will need to give this some thought.

Edit: Agree with several previous comments that a very small teaser of the package might be helpful to decide

Last edited by AgentXP; 18-11-19 at 19:12.
AgentXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-19, 19:10   #25
Joey79100

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentXP View Post
Seems I'm one of the few people who is pleased it's now NGLE and TRNG, and not Tomb Editor. (And who wouldn't consider participating if it was exclusively TE building)
Our point was not forcing TE only, but allowing the choice between the two.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-19, 19:15   #26
AgentXP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
Our point was not forcing TE only, but allowing the choice between the two.
If it was a choice between either I would happily support that, that is what I allowed in CaC after all
AgentXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-19, 19:26   #27
TR-Freak
Unverified

Maybe the decline of releases for each new BtB is because the rules are so over-the-top strict and ridiculous.
Every other competition is easy-going by just letting the builder decide what to use.
The competition should provide the what, not the how.

You force every participant to register on a website they won't be visiting anyway (except for maybe downloading the levels) and they are forced to provide TOM, PRJ and Script files. i mean wtf.
TR-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-19, 19:43   #28
Kubsy

I agree, TE should be included and not just TRNG/NGLE also I don't think there is a point in registering to TRLE forum but oh well, the rules.
Kubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-19, 19:47   #29
Craig Michaels

Not certain I’d have time either, but I agree with many others: Tomb Editor should be allowed.

The poll recently posted about which editor is currently most used clearly demonstrates Tomb Editor has become the norm.
Craig Michaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-19, 20:02   #30
Tombraider95

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR-Freak View Post
You force every participant to register on a website they won't be visiting anyway (except for maybe downloading the levels).
I guess this is mainly related to the Player Competition, so the builders posting their levels and for help can be in a secluded area without it being spoiled. I'm not sure if this forum could have a similar sub forum only for BTB, but that would require a lot more managing between the websites.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote