Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Crossovers, Role-playing Games and Merchandise

Old 30-04-24, 18:13   #11
Amunet

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Xmas] View Post
Right? I'd much rather if they gave Lara her TR1 top and called it a day. I'm struggling to understand how whoever is responsible for this overly busy character design thought they ate. If you break down the various components, sure, Lara has at some point sported all of them, but not at the same time. Also, the double/twin holsters which are admittedly less noticeable here because the first pair is around the ends of her shorts, while the second one is where you'd expect the first to be normally (i.e. her thighs).
I'm definitely with you on the double/twin holsters as well. I think a double holster works when it's just on one leg (and with trousers) like for example Jill in RE3Remake. Something about the asymmetry of the design really works for me. But for Lara with twin holsters (and shorts) the double holster design is just too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Xmas] View Post
Gawd, so it's THAT type of game. This is what I mean when I say all these crossovers cheapen the TR brand. Lara has just been voted the most iconic video game character of all time -- a character of such prestige should not be disrespected by inserting her into every new fad. What's next, Brawl Stars? I am not a fan of this, especially because it's reeking of greed and absolute disregard for what kind of games TR fans actually play. Or maybe I'm just forgetting their target audience is someone completely different.
I saw some screens from this game and I'm honestly appalled CD approved this collaboration.
Amunet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-24, 23:12   #12
charmedangelin

I absolutely hate the render. The undershirt looks silly and defeats the purpose of the leotard.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-24, 19:42   #13
Raxel

I'm probably going to regret posting this, but I'm honestly just beyond frustrated and done with this. So I'm going to angry rant a bit, I guess? Feel free to ignore me, this is really more for myself, to get if off my chest, than to start anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunet View Post
[...]

I saw some screens from this game and I'm honestly appalled CD approved this collaboration.

I'm with you on that.

Looked it up, too, because while I couldn't immediately place it the name sounded familiar. Doing so instantly reminded me why this particular piece of crap deserves to be forgotten.

This game (or games series?) has some of the most appalling sexualised 'women are nothing more then sex-objects to be conquered and used' themed ads I ever had the misfortune to come across.

Now, I have no idea if any of that is actually reflected in the game and its gameplay at all, because a lot of these mobile games are advertised with things which are literally impossible to do or find, because they don't exist in those games at all, but I really have no interest to check after those ads.

So I guess one could say it's similar to what Eidos did back in the day, but one they go way beyond what was done back then and two no-one was doing any of the moral grandstanding Crystal Dynamics is doing lately. Which is why I find it really astonishing they approved this collaboration. I thought they were against being associated with this sort of thing, lol. But I guess, that' s Crystal Dynamics for you. Really goes to show how shallow, superficial and dishonest all their arrogant morally superior messaging is.
Raxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-24, 23:46   #14
Heckler

The undershirt reminds me of those terrible polo/golfer shirts we used to wear in the mid '00s with the fake white undershirt piece sewn to the collar. Looks cheap. And in terms of practicality they pretty much screwed up the little camouflage Lara has by putting a big white "shoot me here" sign on her chest.
Heckler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-24, 13:23   #15
Amunet

The jade necklace is bad enough in the "unified" look, but putting it in every single outfit is some extra level tackiness:

Click image for larger version

Name:	GMksS7BWIAA547j.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	5418 Click image for larger version

Name:	GMiuqobXsAAOdK0.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	5419
Amunet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-24, 23:50   #16
tlr online
Tomb Raider Forums

From Tomb Raider Chronicles:

Quote:
Lara Croft skins in Hero Wars, courtesy of Tomb Raider developer Crystal Dynamics. Players can obtain the character of Lara Croft and unlock her unique skins, talisman, artefact or talent by logging in during the cross-promotion event beginning 13 May.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	lara-croft-tomb-raider-hero-wars-promotional-artwork-11.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	167.3 KB
ID:	5497   Click image for larger version

Name:	lara-croft-tomb-raider-hero-wars-promotional-artwork-12.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	5498  
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-24, 20:02   #17
[Xmas]

I have a theory the Jade necklace is likely an OCD thing. There's NO way she'd wear it even when diving to the bottom of the ocean (e.g. Underworld wetsuit).
[Xmas] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-24, 23:05   #18
HarleyCroft

Let's all enjoy some curated Hero Wars ads

Name:	6ymqhuprcwu91-1.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	5790

Name:	hoc2h869qtz71.png
Views:	115
Size:	244.9 KB
ID:	5791

Name:	what-have-these-ads-become-they-used-to-be-bearable-v0-0zbx5blgs77b1.png
Views:	121
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	5792

Name:	3ry7ofkxygka1.png
Views:	117
Size:	993.0 KB
ID:	5793

Still not as stupid as Lara being kleptophobic.
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-24, 15:58   #19
ANoDE
Golden

Wow.
I wonder what drove them to sell Lara out like this. Awful.
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 15:11   #20
xtimz

Nice images.

Edit: Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by xtimz; Yesterday at 15:12. Reason: Test.
xtimz is offline   Reply With Quote