Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old Yesterday, 09:27   #31
Greenapple968

Obelisk Of Khamoon:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsWeqDqKCzk

Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwQT...C5-bq8RaFccxLV

I collected all 3 secrets, all 38 pickups and killed all 16 enemies. I only used the pistols and didn't use any glitches. I did lose health during the jump between 12:35-12:38 when pursuing one of the secrets but this health loss is unavoidable without glitches. Apart from that I didn't lose any health; I didn't sustain any avoidable damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmando9 View Post
@ Greenapple: I'll give you some tips on how to evade the centaurs fireballs at a later time. Good luck on the Egypt levels.
I'm not very good at understanding written information, so you might have a hard time trying to explain it to me in a way that makes sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
I'm also very intrigued by this approach and need to try this out next time I'm there. This room usually costs me a lot of time when I'm in the mood for a no-scratch run of that level.
I think that some degree of luck is needed at various parts of the game when doing a challenge like this; I don't think that you can do it with skill and practice alone.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:38   #32
fallenangle

I think that's true.

The bit where you dealt with the black jackals/panthers(?) after moving the block and once done opens the door halfway up the wall. I was interested in seeing that part as halfway up that stepped corridor triggers a 'mummy' which is difficult to deal with.

I usually provoke him to come into the doorway and then pepper him from the block but it can be reluctant to play ball.

What you did triggered it so that you can deal with him from the bridge area.

I've done that myself but on one occasion (PC version) I actually found him partially stuck in the wall of that room. He couldn't be targeted but on approach he suddenly went active and got a swipe off which ruined my 'no scratch' run.

That was just a matter of luck, bad luck in that case.

I've had similar in TR2 Temple Of Xian with that underwater locked room with the fish where you have to pull a lever to get out. But in that case it was good luck: nine times out of ten the fish nibbles LC but, only very occasionally, it gets stuck in scenery and you can exit the room without damage.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 16:17   #33
deadmando9

@ Greenapple: If I knew how to upload a video either here or on you tube, I could show you how via short video.

I see that you've made it to "sanctuary of the scoin". Very nice.

Last edited by deadmando9; Yesterday at 16:19.
deadmando9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 19:10   #34
xtimz

^ You cannot upload video here. But you can easily upload it on youtube:
https://www.wikihow.com/Upload-a-Video-to-YouTube

Last edited by xtimz; Yesterday at 19:17.
xtimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 22:38   #35
deadmando9

Thanks xtimz. I'll look into it.
deadmando9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:33   #36
ANoDE
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenapple968 View Post

I think that some degree of luck is needed at various parts of the game when doing a challenge like this; I don't think that you can do it with skill and practice alone.
I tried it a few more times using your technique, and it seems it's about a 1:10 (or 1:7) chance for that lower left wolf to get a bite out of me before Lara can move away. I tried the roll cancel (which I don't know if counts as glitch or not) but the wolf seems to be able to turn while jumping also, sometimes scratching her. This also sets her up in an unfortunate position as she won't see the incoming wolves.

Your technique seems to be quite good, though and I'll surely use it in the future. Thanks
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote