www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 22-10-20, 23:25   #171
larafan25
Sage

Imagine a visually realistic demo of Original Tomb Raider. Moving this awesome rendering of Lara with tank-orientation, the sounds and the particle effects of the 360 roll as a rolling ball drops from the distant darkness... Swan-diving into a big room, down safely into a pool of water... in like... a puzzle-room or something. Sick sick sick. The slow surface-swimming animations with the realistic wet-effects. Rotating in the water and using the look-button to see the room around you. Would be awesomeee

edit: Using the croush button to kneel down manually, behind a cover, drawing pistols and shooting over the side. Would be cool.

Last edited by larafan25; 22-10-20 at 23:42.
larafan25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-20, 12:50   #172
Alphonse
Student

Cleverly using slopes on the side of the room to perform a mid air roll and fall behind the chasing creature to blast it in the back

Wondering how many backsteps you have to take beofre jumping

Trying not to hit the ceiling when it is low

Manually draw, carry and throw your last torches (should I go down this pit ? should I light it before going in ?)

All these mechanics that make tomb raider the most involving game ever
Alphonse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-20, 13:14   #173
yaron
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
They tried with TRA and its known that they cant. Give TR to Naughty Dog.
lol
YES.
Old 23-10-20, 21:57   #174
larafan25
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphonse View Post
Cleverly using slopes on the side of the room to perform a mid air roll and fall behind the chasing creature to blast it in the back

Wondering how many backsteps you have to take beofre jumping

Trying not to hit the ceiling when it is low

Manually draw, carry and throw your last torches (should I go down this pit ? should I light it before going in ?)

All these mechanics that make tomb raider the most involving game ever
You honestly nailed it! Especially the flares. Such an immersive and emotionally affecting experience.
Old 23-10-20, 22:56   #175
LaraCablara
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
They tried with TRA and its known that they cant. Give TR to Naughty Dog.
“We hate tomb raider for being too much like uncharted so let’s give the series over to the people who made uncharted” is living proof that this fan base went off the rails sometime after 2010
LaraCablara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-20, 23:52   #176
Athukraz
Relic Hunter

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraCablara View Post
“We hate tomb raider for being too much like uncharted so let’s give the series over to the people who made uncharted” is living proof that this fan base went off the rails sometime after 2010
You realize those that are saying that aren't the same people that want TR to go to ND do you realize?
Old 23-10-20, 23:57   #177
larafan25
Sage

and that... Naughty Dog are capable of creating different games, as all studios are...

Old 24-10-20, 07:35   #178
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Are you guys seriously talking about returning to tank controls again?

They're a relic of the pass that were necessary in a pre-analogue stick time. They are absolutely not necessary at all to have precise platforming controls anymore. Hell, Super Mario 64 showed tank controls aren't necessary at all for that.

That's just being blinded by nostalgia. You guys want precise platforming, not tank controls. Or if you actually want tank controls, you are a really weird person...
Old 24-10-20, 10:25   #179
jajay119
Tomb Raider

The only relic of the past is the misunderstanding that ta k controls arent used in present day gaming because they most certainly are: Mirrors Edge, Dying light, Resident Evil 2 and 3 remakes are all recent examples of games that have used modernised tank controls.

Whilst I would like something which offers more precision of movement and player licence over Lara than what 2behave had since Legend I dont want Lara to control like she did in the classics. But can we please stop pretending tank controls didnt evolve past those games?
Old 24-10-20, 12:54   #180
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
The only relic of the past is the misunderstanding that ta k controls arent used in present day gaming because they most certainly are: Mirrors Edge, Dying light, Resident Evil 2 and 3 remakes are all recent examples of games that have used modernised tank controls.

Whilst I would like something which offers more precision of movement and player licence over Lara than what 2behave had since Legend I dont want Lara to control like she did in the classics. But can we please stop pretending tank controls didnt evolve past those games?
Sure, two FPS games and two games with zero platforming are the best examples of why Tomb Raider should have tank controls again...