www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 23-10-20, 22:11   #17551
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

He has been doing press for Rebecca this week and still talking about Tomb Raider 2 so I'm assuming it's gonna be next on his film list considering how long he has been developing it and because he has only just come aboard this.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 23-10-20 at 22:51.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-20, 23:39   #17552
SoraSakai
Professor

BuT iTs FiLmIng iN fEbrUaRy.

Yeah this is only disappointing news if you keep believing Superman81’s articles on that dumb website lol
Old 23-10-20, 23:44   #17553
Rai

I don't understand what the problem is with Ben signing on to another film? As TR2 is still happening, apparently in February, surely he'll prioritise that. Unless Meg2 somehow gets a release date before TR, though of course we don't know of any new release date for TR2 yet. Covid is still slowing things down, so if TR is effected, then Meg2 will be too. I can only presume that as a professional, the film that has a script and by the sound of it, some pre production work will come first for him. He still seems pretty keen for TR. I think his vague answers on TR are probably due to the covid uncertainty and committing to any new filming schedules. Though I hope this changes soon.
Old 24-10-20, 00:18   #17554
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

The Meg doesn't really change anything BUT as such ANYTHING can happen onto day 1 of filming. I guarantee you Vikander hasn't even signed the dotted line yet and won't until day 1 of filming.

Anyone who has worked on even a semi-professional film set will tell you that - we're the most competitive industry in the world and if the Meg manages to get through pre-prod faster than Tomb 2 he'll do Meg 2 before Tomb 2. The Meg 2 is still un-dated by Warners so currently he's more likely do to Tomb 2 first.

That said MGM is moving ahead, Legally Blonde 3 has been dated for May next year so their still making content.

Last edited by GeekOfComedy; 24-10-20 at 00:20.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-20, 01:01   #17555
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

I think the uncertainty surrounding all films going forward depend on what is going to happen with Covid and what investments are worthwhile pursuing for the immediate future. I do think there will be a rise in VOD based films with subsequently smaller budgets for the next year or two whilst we settle from the after effects for the virus.

It may be more viable for them to make The Meg 2 for Warner first knowing that it's now pushing its foray into streaming and has that platform. As Ben stated in today's interview Tomb Raider is hard to get off the ground because of all the effects of the virus and it being an international story.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 24-10-20 at 01:02.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-20, 01:24   #17556
SoraSakai
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
I think the uncertainty surrounding all films going forward depend on what is going to happen with Covid and what investments are worthwhile pursuing for the immediate future. I do think there will be a rise in VOD based films with subsequently smaller budgets for the next year or two whilst we settle from the after effects for the virus.

It may be more viable for them to make The Meg 2 for Warner first knowing that it's now pushing its foray into streaming and has that platform. As Ben stated in today's interview Tomb Raider is hard to get off the ground because of all the effects of the virus and it being an international story.
There was no interview today where he spoke about Tomb Raider.

Edit: English mistake. I wrote that wrong. I meant to way “There was an interview today where he spoke about Tomb Raider?”

Last edited by SoraSakai; 24-10-20 at 01:28.
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-20, 01:42   #17557
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
There was no interview today where he spoke about Tomb Raider.

Edit: English mistake. I wrote that wrong. I meant to way “There was an interview today where he spoke about Tomb Raider?”

This one.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.iri...eath-1.4385282
Old 24-10-20, 01:51   #17558
SoraSakai
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
Mmmmm kinda more or less the same. Very non-committal.
I don’t know. If Meg 2 starts production before TR2 then I’d say that’s basically confirmation that it’s been shadow-canned.

But we’ll wait and see. Who knows.

And no. TR2 filming after Meg 2 is not a thing. That has 0 chance of happening.
Old 24-10-20, 10:20   #17559
Ellioft
Professor

I have asked him on his instagram.
Let's see if he answer.
Old 24-10-20, 11:10   #17560
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
I have asked him on his instagram.
Let's see if he answer.
He does not answer anything clear in the interviews of journalists ... I do not think he answers you.

Quote:
this is only disappointing news if you keep believing Superman81’s articles on that dumb website lol
I don't think you need to call an information website "dumb". I can understand that you disagree. But it is still an information website with work behind it. You don't need insults. Since he's right later ... you'll have to apologize.

_____

The situation is strange. Alicia in recent interviews has shown great confidence about TR2 but Ben is the opposite. However, MEG is a Warner production and TR we imagine that also ... there may have been some kind of deal (in exchange for WB distributing TR2 Ben could direct MEG2) I don't know ... we'll wait and see.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 24-10-20 at 11:13.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote