www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 24-10-20, 12:06   #17561
SoraSakai
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post

I don't think you need to call an information website "dumb".
I’m actually 100% allowed to think a particular website is dumb.

Quote:
I can understand that you disagree. But it is still an information website with work behind it.
Actually the opposite. Not a single article by Superman81 has ever included a single credible source of proof for any of the information.

Quote:
You don't need insults. Since he's right later ... you'll have to apologize.
He’s so far been right a total of 0 times. And I don’t have the slightest bit of interests in websites that allow articles with zero credited sources to be published.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
I have asked him on his instagram.
Let's see if he answer.
Why would he answer you...? I hope he does though.

Last edited by SoraSakai; 24-10-20 at 12:13.
SoraSakai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-20, 18:05   #17562
Child Of Ocean
Hobbyist

The Meg is an expected commercial success and if The Meg 2 becomes as successful as the first one or even more successful, his words will carry more weight and I believe he will do his best to convince MGM to fulfil their commitment since this is he and his wife's passion project and they really have a vision over this franchise

And I actually want him to finish The Meg 2 first. I want him to have more experience in directing big-budget action films before directing Tomb Raider 2

I hope they'll abandon any plan of inviting Dominic back after his recent scandal with Lily James. We don't need the corny father-and-daughter storyline anymore.
Old 24-10-20, 18:36   #17563
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

I don't think there's any chance Dominic is coming back, Richard literally blew himself up. Unless it's for a flashback, but if they do any, I imagine being more about Ana then about him.

As for this Meg 2 and Tomb Raider 2 thing, nothing really too worry, especially considering both Ben and Alicia have recently talked about TR2 as still being a thing. Especially considering Ben is famous for fast shooting periods: his longest movies were High-Rise and Rebecca, which took just one month. Even if it takes let's say 3 months, with no major reshootings, TR II could start during the rumoured February, while Meg can start during the summer, for example. Obviously not ideal, it would take time from post, but it is doable.

But it is good that he is getting more and more big budget jobs. Good for him
Old 24-10-20, 18:58   #17564
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

Quote:
Ben is famous for fast shooting periods
That was because his movies were small. TR or MEG are movies that can take up to 4 months to shoot.

Quote:
And I actually want him to finish The Meg 2 first.
MEG is a movie with great pre-production, shooting, and post-production. If Ben fim MEG first.. TR might not start filming until 2022! I think a sequel to a 2018 movie in 2023 wouldn't make any sense.

The good news is that MEG has no confirmed date.

I find the part that he says interesting:

“Tomb Raider specifically is very complicated because it’s set all over the place,” says the director. “There is a lot of international travel."

A lot of international travel? How many locations or destinations does the script for Amy Jump have? It sounds like something more like TR classic adventures or Angelina movies than reboot stories with a single location.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 24-10-20 at 19:08.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-20, 23:36   #17565
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Ben Wheatley done a really in depth podcast with Edith Bowman today 45 minutes long that I'm going to listen I'll let you guys know if he mentions anything new.

I agree I'd be scared for them to do a sequel to a film so far apart from the last but one could also argue that Tomb Raider didn't have a successful run at the US box office and middle ground reviews so a second shot to get it right could benefit from it maybe distancing itself a bit from the first go around.

I do hope they get to it sooner rather than later, I think it could still have good success on a streaming service. The brand name and marketing could sell the film really well on the likes of Netflix to a US audience and then a worldwide cinema release to were it made better money like Australia, Asia and Europe.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 24-10-20 at 23:43.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-20, 02:50   #17566
Ellioft
Professor

I have listen it as well and he said the same thing as always for TR2.

Well we have to wait... as usual.
Old 25-10-20, 13:13   #17567
Trenton
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
I agree I'd be scared for them to do a sequel to a film so far apart from the last but one could also argue that Tomb Raider didn't have a successful run at the US box office and middle ground reviews so a second shot to get it right could benefit from it maybe distancing itself a bit from the first go around.
Doing a ‘soft reboot’ of sorts could potentially solve this. Have it set many years after the first film, with no real mention of events and characters from the first film (similar to how CoL never references its predecessor). And also give it some other title than TR2 so as to not emphasize it being a sequel. It could perhaps give this series a new kickstart. Just a thought.
Old 25-10-20, 13:52   #17568
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
Doing a ‘soft reboot’ of sorts could potentially solve this. Have it set many years after the first film, with no real mention of events and characters from the first film (similar to how CoL never references its predecessor). And also give it some other title than TR2 so as to not emphasize it being a sequel. It could perhaps give this series a new kickstart. Just a thought.
I think it could be a mistake to try a soft reboot and have no connection to the previous film. Because it's a franchise and nothing is really resolved at the end of the first movie. So it doesn't made any sence.

All they have to include to the mix are Croft Holdings/Ana and Trinity and that's all.

Last edited by Ellioft; 25-10-20 at 13:53.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-20, 14:27   #17569
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
I think the same. If they wait too long ... I don't think anyone would be interested in seeing a direct sequel or who Ana or Trinity was. It would work better if they sell the movie as "a new Lara Croft adventure." In fact, the 2018 film was not so successful as to follow its plot.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 25-10-20 at 14:29.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-20, 14:31   #17570
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
I think the same. If they wait too long ... I don't think anyone would be interested in seeing a direct sequel or who Ana or Trinity was. It would work better if they sell the movie as "a new Lara Croft adventure." In fact, the 2018 film was not so successful as to follow its plot.
That's why they have to shot it next year.