Old 07-08-19, 21:56   #651
Woops
Explorer

You're lucky you're in there.
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-19, 22:00   #652
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

I guess, there are far worse places to live, it's very first world problems of me I know.

Speaking of first world problems, a pair of shorts I ordered (in that package I was speaking of earlier) are definitely NOT "skinny fit" like they're supposed to be. Why are we calling them "skinny" this is so stupid, is it to make bigger people feel that they're not so big?

I don't know why the sizes run so big at our store. In jeans, chinos and shorts made of these fabrics I usually wear a slim fit, because I like my clothes fitted nice but skinny is choking on my body. Their slim fits are baggier than my Dad's old chinos he used to wear, so I ordered a skinny, and even the skinny are loose on me. For perspective as well I am not a skinny guy at all, I've got ass and thighs, I'm "thicc". So if the "skinny" is baggy on me I don't know how it is on actual skinny people.

Well, these are getting returned.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 07-08-19 at 22:06.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-19, 14:12   #653
ThatSassyKid
Relic Hunter

Pretty much 99% of the things people are say are pretty ****ing dumb tbh.
Old 08-08-19, 15:28   #654
Blue_light
Archaeologist

That woman, and her followers, who still believe god is going to heal the trisomy of her child. After almost 6 years they should probably get a hint.
Old 09-08-19, 16:00   #655
AmericanAssassin
Legend

"Life is what you make it."

Bitch, no it's not. Life is so much more than that. Sure, we can control some factors, but I can only control my mental health to a limited extent and it's next to impossible to get ahead financially these days. I say this as somebody who's historically made more money than my mom and dad (before he passed) combined. I still struggle and I work harder than anybody I know. Meh.
AmericanAssassin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-19, 17:31   #656
HecticBartoli
Historian

“I love Activision! I’m absolutely cuckoo for Activision!”

My response: What have you been snorting? The kind of crack that was smuggled from the Dream Weavers realm by Spyro and his big bros from Dragon Shore?
HecticBartoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-19, 23:57   #657
LuckyEdge10

"There's just one life"

Litterally how can you say that? Nobody knows what comes after death. I hate when I hear someone saying that. It's not a matter of opinions, it's a matter of using your brain. There's no proof that there is nothing after death. There could be litterally ANYTHING.
LuckyEdge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-19, 18:54   #658
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

So I was at work today, I work in a department store with clothes for basically every group (men, women, children).

I'm also short for a man, I'm 5'5.

So this dude today came up to me (on the womenswear floor as I was heading to lunch) to ask me whether his 13 year old son (who was a similar height to me) would be better looking for formal trousers in the menswear section or childrenswear.

That's fine and everything, except then he had the boldness to bluntly point out that his adolescent son was the same height as me, and then proceeded to ask me repeatedly where I go for trousers. Basically do I wear mens' or childrens'. Mens' of course, it's not hard for me to find mens' stuff that fits at all and if there's something I really want that doesn't then I'll get it tailored so it does. I don't wear kids' clothes out of pride more than anything, I'm a man.

I got him together, as petty as it might sound. I let him know he was rude and being passive-aggressive for asking me that and that it's irrelevant where I go because he's shopping for his son, not me. I also told him that both mens and childrens were downstairs and that someone else can help him, because I had no interest in helping after that. So then he threatened to report me for "my attitude", although he didn't follow through.

Now, I've said this before but I'm personally not super hung-up about my height. Maybe it's because I'm gay, reasonably attractive and don't have to deal with womens' bull**** when it comes to dating. However this is something that gets me sometimes; why is it considered so acceptable to attack people based on their height? If he'd made comments about a fat person's weight (especially if it was a woman) it would have been all kinds of "fat-shaming!" and he'd have been the devil and, let's go there, people can control their weight unlike their height.

And if you're a short man especially who actually dares to take pride in his appearance, put on a (real or fake-until-you-make) confident game face and assert himself in any kind of way, it's "Napoleonic Complex". I swear some people just want you to be a submissive beta male who shrinks away who they can trample on.

Sometimes this **** does annoy me, just how casually people will make little digs, when we're not even close or friends like that for them to be on that level with me. No you can not joke about someone being short who you don't know. It's not going to destroy me personally, I don't care that much. However there are other men who have actually killed themselves over this, because they feel so inadequate and like they're "not real men" because of the **** they get for their height. The insensitivity society shows towards these men really disgusts me sometimes. It's so ignored.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 18-08-19 at 19:42.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-19, 10:55   #659
DragonSlayer
Professor

My dad once blamed me for the car tyre being punctured while he was driving also I wasn't there when it happened.

He also once blamed me because the car battery was dead, again I wasn't there when it happened.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-19, 11:10   #660
Tomb Raidering
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
Just ignore rude people, they never change. Don’t risk your job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
My dad once blamed me for the car tyre being punctured while he was driving also I wasn't there when it happened.
He also once blamed me because the car battery was dead, again I wasn't there when it happened.
I can relate, my relatives are the same tbh... I mean, logic people! Please use it along with common sense.

Why do you take so long to prepare yourself
Ugh...