www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 20-09-19, 11:41   #21
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

Even Dora, being a children's movie, wears her shorts. I don't think wearing shorts is a bad thing ... they can wear them even if it were in a little moment.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-19, 13:12   #22
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

In the right environment she could wear them, it is slightly ridiculous looking back at TR 2 we're she's in a bomber jacket and shorts in the snowy weather. I'm not talking Harley Quinn style hot pants but a nice pair of climbing shorts with some utility combat pockets would be cool.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 20-09-19 at 13:13.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-19, 00:10   #23
Jorje Croft
Professor

shorts, tanktop, braid, duals
Old 23-09-19, 07:39   #24
Melonie Tomb Raider
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
In the right environment she could wear them, it is slightly ridiculous looking back at TR 2 we're she's in a bomber jacket and shorts in the snowy weather. I'm not talking Harley Quinn style hot pants but a nice pair of climbing shorts with some utility combat pockets would be cool.
I don't understand why people use TR2 as a bad example. Lara made the impromptu decision on the fly to go to Tibet, she didn't pack ahead of time. She was lucky to have even found the bomber jacket, so it made sense why she still had the shorts on.

Not only that but it's one of the most badass and iconic outfits in TR history. People get too uptight about everything having to be realistic, but Tomb Raider isn't a realistic franchise at all, so why do her outfits all have to be completely realistic?

We don't see these same arguments for characters like Duke Nukem, or even Nathan Drake (rock climbing in blue jeans?!), but since Lara Croft is a female protagonist, for some reason it is imposed on her that she has to be realistic, or I should say modest, because realism wasn't factored in with Lara wearing flip flops in Paititi, but since it's modest attire that somehow makes it ok.
Old 23-09-19, 23:27   #25
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonie Tomb Raider View Post
I don't understand why people use TR2 as a bad example. Lara made the impromptu decision on the fly to go to Tibet, she didn't pack ahead of time. She was lucky to have even found the bomber jacket, so it made sense why she still had the shorts on.

Not only that but it's one of the most badass and iconic outfits in TR history. People get too uptight about everything having to be realistic, but Tomb Raider isn't a realistic franchise at all, so why do her outfits all have to be completely realistic?

We don't see these same arguments for characters like Duke Nukem, or even Nathan Drake (rock climbing in blue jeans?!), but since Lara Croft is a female protagonist, for some reason it is imposed on her that she has to be realistic, or I should say modest, because realism wasn't factored in with Lara wearing flip flops in Paititi, but since it's modest attire that somehow makes it ok.
I've just always found it ridiculous it's a matter of personal preference I'm not trying to make some sort of political statement and I'm not one for realism suspension of disbelief factors largely into the classics, for me it's not about whether she's female or not, my favourite franchise outfit is the South Pacific one which is probably one of her most revealing but she rocks it.

I am not one for making clothing assumptions on gender especially when it comes to my favourite video game characters like Bloodrayne, Bayonetta and Lara Croft. I just think that outfit was silly when compared to her other winter outfits like Antarctica. I've never been a fan of her wearing pink either.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 23-09-19 at 23:32.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-19, 23:29   #26
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

^ Even though mossies would bite her I can empathise with that outfit more in the SA. But in a film she'd have to monologue about why she can't feel the cold from her pelvis down if you had her in Siberia with shorts, because you can't distract the audience for 2 hours with gameplay, it's a passive experience.
GeekOfComedy is online now   Reply With Quote