www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 18-09-19, 18:16   #38111
Matie
Professor

Wasn't she supposed to stab Himiko with that sword? I foggily remember having read something like that somewhere, maybe it was just a theory. It seems pretty random how there was a separate cutscene with her taking that sword, but she never actually used it, and she stabbed Himiko with a torch instead (which I found pretty strange if you ask me).

Sometimes models/assets that are used during a cutscene are placed on the map somewhere close by or far away off the map, at least this is what I've noticed when I used the camera tools. It might mean she was indeed supposed to use the sword in the cutscene at some point, but it was changed later on.

Edit: might be what Amunet's saying as well, it seems to be a leftover either way.

Last edited by Matie; 18-09-19 at 18:18.
Matie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-19, 18:54   #38112
JsotoTRSaga
Relic Hunter

That is so bizarre? Maybe it fell from Lara's pockets when she was struggling with Mathias. But if that were the case why is the Chou Dynasty Helmet not on the floor as well?

Last edited by JsotoTRSaga; 18-09-19 at 18:56.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-19, 19:27   #38113
MicheleMouse
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunet View Post
Since Sam was originally supposed to die, maybe she would've been killed by that sword and so its presence in that cutscene may be a leftover from the original ending (like Lara carrying Sam was originally Lara carrying Sam's dead body).
I hope so. (I will forever prefer that ending, btw.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matie View Post
Wasn't she supposed to stab Himiko with that sword? I foggily remember having read something like that somewhere, maybe it was just a theory. It seems pretty random how there was a separate cutscene with her taking that sword, but she never actually used it, and she stabbed Himiko with a torch instead (which I found pretty strange if you ask me).
Interesting. Yeah, that's a possibility too. Definitely would've looked better than the torch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matie View Post
Sometimes models/assets that are used during a cutscene are placed on the map somewhere close by or far away off the map, at least this is what I've noticed when I used the camera tools. It might mean she was indeed supposed to use the sword in the cutscene at some point, but it was changed later on.
Indeed. You'd think it's there for a reason.

At first I thought that I glossed over important information from a description or a cutscene, that tells how important it is or something. But yeah, it rather seems like a leftover. Aww.
MicheleMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-19, 21:20   #38114
lance6439
Legend

I made sure I had the entire game 100% complete before fighting the final boss/last level. Everything was done. 100%

then at the end it said I only had 99% completed (this is the DE)
Old 21-09-19, 06:43   #38115
JoelCaesar
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
I made sure I had the entire game 100% complete before fighting the final boss/last level. Everything was done. 100%

then at the end it said I only had 99% completed (this is the DE)
Check cliffside bunker. Its the only place with collectables that doesn't have a fast travel basecamp. So it won't appear on the fast travel menu, you have to manually walk there from shipwreck beach.
Old 28-09-19, 19:24   #38116
Athukraz
Relic Hunter

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/stat...217682944?s=19

The game is on sale on PS4 for only 6 dollars if anyone is interested. Also cool to see TR being acknowledged again with this silence and all lol