www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 20-08-15, 00:30   #211
Peixoto
Historian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 309
Default

Well ladies and gentleman, i'm happy to inform you that i just got the iOS textures working in win 10 just right now... FMVs are still a problem that i don't know if can be fixed

I will however ask you to have a little more patience as i'm not going to release a new version of the patch but instead a program the does what the
patch does for tomb raider II also for other old games as well and i still got adjustments to make, specially because win 10 broke some things.


EDIT: The FMVs can be "ported" to win 10 as well, but now i'm afraid i will break win 7, so here i go installing a virtual machine

Last edited by Peixoto; 20-08-15 at 14:04.
Peixoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-15, 00:47   #212
AimlessThunder
Professor
 
AimlessThunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Romania
Posts: 4,068
Default

^Awesome! Brilliant! I can't wait!
__________________
The definitive Lara Croft has less emotion than Kristen Stewart.
AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-15, 02:48   #213
ozzman
Tomb Raider
 
ozzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Butler PA
Posts: 16,289
Default

so, how the heck to i install the ios textures, i'm quite confused XD
__________________
the blackest eyes, the devil's eyes.
ozzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-15, 02:37   #214
Peixoto
Historian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 309
Default

A win 10 version was released (Check the 1st post)
Peixoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-15, 03:30   #215
ozzman
Tomb Raider
 
ozzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Butler PA
Posts: 16,289
Default

still doesn't switch textures , how the heck do i even use this program, that's the major problem for me, i have the textures where they should go but still does nothing, a video tutorial would help me so much , i'll just give up
__________________
the blackest eyes, the devil's eyes.
ozzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-15, 06:19   #216
Peixoto
Historian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzman View Post
still doesn't switch textures , how the heck do i even use this program, that's the major problem for me, i have the textures where they should go but still does nothing, a video tutorial would help me so much , i'll just give up
Well my friend, what can i say? i try my best!

Windows 10 is tricky because M$ used their own directdraw hooks to accommodate some changes in the windows driver display model.

You will have to create a folder: Tomb2Fix\Textures inside your Tomb Raider II folder...

when you download the IOS textures pack you will find two folders: 'dumps' and 'replacements'... you will have to copy these two folders to the folder you created... hope it helps

Last edited by Peixoto; 30-08-15 at 06:28.
Peixoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-15, 14:38   #217
AimlessThunder
Professor
 
AimlessThunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Romania
Posts: 4,068
Default

I get an error when I try to download it.
__________________
The definitive Lara Croft has less emotion than Kristen Stewart.
AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-15, 16:26   #218
ozzman
Tomb Raider
 
ozzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Butler PA
Posts: 16,289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peixoto View Post
Well my friend, what can i say? i try my best!

Windows 10 is tricky because M$ used their own directdraw hooks to accommodate some changes in the windows driver display model.

You will have to create a folder: Tomb2Fix\Textures inside your Tomb Raider II folder...

when you download the IOS textures pack you will find two folders: 'dumps' and 'replacements'... you will have to copy these two folders to the folder you created... hope it helps
i've done that but it seems to do nothing once i run the other program to start the game, the cheats and widescreen work
__________________
the blackest eyes, the devil's eyes.

Last edited by ozzman; 30-08-15 at 18:26.
ozzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-15, 19:02   #219
Peixoto
Historian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimlessThunder View Post
I get an error when I try to download it.
Well it works here, firefox or edge, logged or not in my dropbox, maybe it was updating... try again
Peixoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-15, 09:41   #220
AimlessThunder
Professor
 
AimlessThunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Romania
Posts: 4,068
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peixoto View Post
Well it works here, firefox or edge, logged or not in my dropbox, maybe it was updating... try again
I've managed to download the program. I followed all the steps, but the textures and controller still don't work.
__________________
The definitive Lara Croft has less emotion than Kristen Stewart.
AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.