www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Last Revelation

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 26-08-19, 13:44   #21
TR-Freak
Professor
 
TR-Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 4,560
Default

I dont think you would give your most valuable baby to another person just because you got a bit tired of it
__________________
"Your perception of good timing is...bad!"
TR-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-19, 14:04   #22
Tomb Raidering
Archaeologist
 
Tomb Raidering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Parisian Backstreets - ‘Rue de Paititi’
Posts: 1,258
Arrow

Honestly, it could have been for a while, like until building the new AOD engine and pondering their next move. CD would have made smaller games to fill in the gap.
__________________
I’ll stan Chronicles, AoD and Anniversary forever! <3
Tomb Raidering is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-19, 15:53   #23
Joey79100
Professor
 
Joey79100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: France
Posts: 2,818
Default

They did want to kill Tomb Raider, but keep Lara for more different games. That's what they originally wanted for AOD by the way, instead of making it a Tomb Raider game, that's why it was so different that classic TRs. But Eidos didn't want TR to die, so they were forced to make it at least a little Tomb Raider like (and keep the "Tomb Raider" name in the title, for that matter).
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-19, 16:36   #24
tomee
Tomb Raider
 
tomee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hungary
Posts: 14,817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
Anything to get them out of that contract, lol.
Yeah, no.
Developing Tomb Raider was their job, their livelihood. Sabotaging it intentionally would've put their stable income at jeopardy. Nobody does that.
__________________
My signature was removed because it was vulgar. Now I can't choose my own till March 2014. If I edit this one I will be suspended till March 2014.
tomee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-19, 16:56   #25
Tomb Raidering
Archaeologist
 
Tomb Raidering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Parisian Backstreets - ‘Rue de Paititi’
Posts: 1,258
Default

It tried new things. It was ambitious. Most things we got in LAU and the reboot was already in it, only hidden away in files for people to not find for eternity. Nowadays developer studios under the same publisher collab together for brainstorming, Crystal Dynamics and IO Interactive (of Hitman) worked together to improve the Legend engine for the reboot. Core Design could have requested help on the new engine from cousin studios. The management on Eidos and Core was a fiasco. But at least because of the marketing, because of the aggressive ad campaign, it sold initially succesfull. It was a financial success. But it wasn’t enough for our dearly beloved Classic Lara.
__________________
I’ll stan Chronicles, AoD and Anniversary forever! <3

Last edited by Tomb Raidering; 29-08-19 at 21:15.
Tomb Raidering is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-19, 18:33   #26
Night Crawler
Professor
 
Night Crawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: In My Tomb
Posts: 3,859
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
Yeah, no.
Developing Tomb Raider was their job, their livelihood. Sabotaging it intentionally would've put their stable income at jeopardy. Nobody does that.
Depends on the circumstances.
All anyone can do is speculate really, I mean who would post in such a manner that it comes across as everything they say is fact, even though they don't know diddly squat, just because they can't see any other possibility.

Nobody does that.



I'm allowed to have my theory, even if you think it's ludicrous, just like you're allowed yours. but I like mine better.


I do love a good conspiracy.
__________________
Gee, it sure is boring around here.

Last edited by Night Crawler; 28-08-19 at 18:58.
Night Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-19, 16:05   #27
charmedangelin
Relic Hunter
 
charmedangelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 9,977
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
They did want to kill Tomb Raider, but keep Lara for more different games. That's what they originally wanted for AOD by the way, instead of making it a Tomb Raider game, that's why it was so different that classic TRs. But Eidos didn't want TR to die, so they were forced to make it at least a little Tomb Raider like (and keep the "Tomb Raider" name in the title, for that matter).
This is true, AOD was never meant to bare the Tomb Raider title. It originally was titled Lara Croft Fallen Angel or Lara Croft Angel of Darkness.

Kurtis originally was going to have more involvement in AOD, but wasn't going to be in Lost Domain or the third title as Kurtis would star in his own games surrounding the events of Lost Domain and the third title.

God I wish everything worked out. Watching my brother play Rayman 3 which was released during that era and something's in that game remind me a bit of AOD and what they wanted.
__________________
Always Pondering
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-19, 17:12   #28
Ellioft
Professor
 
Ellioft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: France
Posts: 3,058
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
This is true, AOD was never meant to bare the Tomb Raider title. It originally was titled Lara Croft Fallen Angel or Lara Croft Angel of Darkness.

Kurtis originally was going to have more involvement in AOD, but wasn't going to be in Lost Domain or the third title as Kurtis would star in his own games surrounding the events of Lost Domain and the third title.

God I wish everything worked out. Watching my brother play Rayman 3 which was released during that era and something's in that game remind me a bit of AOD and what they wanted.
There was a whole list of name for this game and not a lot on the team liked Eidos choice for the title.
__________________
Whatever I do with my life. The moon remains constant in the sky.
Ellioft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-19, 18:43   #29
charmedangelin
Relic Hunter
 
charmedangelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 9,977
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
There was a whole list of name for this game and not a lot on the team liked Eidos choice for the title.
I quite like Angel of Darkness, but I was never sure about The Lost Domain. Eidos had way too much hand in this franchise and really should have left a lot of choices up to their developers. Like letting them publish sequels when they were ready to and not forcing them to pump money out with constant yearly releases. Pokemon looks like it may go through a similar thing like AOD actually because of their choices. In fact Pokemons situation is very similar actually where Game freak, like Eidos, has split their team and made their experts work on the new Town game while the newbies were working on Sword and Sheild. Now that I think about it.

The things indie developers can do with Hollow Knight with all the content and the design choices could really only be done because they didn't have a publisher breathing down their neck. I get they have a certain image they want to sell and are funding some of development, but they just put too much input into the process imo.
__________________
Always Pondering

Last edited by charmedangelin; 01-09-19 at 18:46.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-19, 19:19   #30
JsotoTRSaga
Relic Hunter
 
JsotoTRSaga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mishima Zaibatsu
Posts: 6,759
Default

The Lost Domain or The Lost Dominion?

I always get these mixed up

Isn't the Lost Domain one of the final levels from Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness?
__________________
Bring Back the Dual Pistols
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 22:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.