www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 21-03-20, 11:39   #19731
Kubsy
Student

Nevermind.

Last edited by Kubsy; 21-03-20 at 11:51.
Kubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-20, 20:35   #19732
tombraiderfrea
Archaeologist

Nevermind... I did have a backup somewhere. Just not where I thought I had put it.

Last edited by tombraiderfrea; 21-03-20 at 20:50.
tombraiderfrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-20, 12:07   #19733
adngel
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR-Freak View Post
Someone know the exact remapping rules for vertices?
I have a modified Shoulder Joint mesh and a upper arm mesh.

According to this:
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=132749
I just need to modify the SKIN meshes only and keep the connection vertices under a limit and the ordering needs to be counter-/clockwise.

but it doesnt work

These rules do not apply to the original meshes anyway. the torso has arbitrary vertex numbers at the connections for example

Edit: The skinjoint and skin have matching vertex positions.
Edit2: Nvm. I am dumb. Joint meshes only consists of connection vertices and not in-between vertices
As I was trying it some days ago, it doesn't really matters if they are consecutive numbers or if their numbers ID are related with the ones of their joint.

What matters is that the connection vertex, be lower than an "umbral" value, (usually 127), for that, the idea of start from 0 and goes rising (in clockwork or opossite), is a method that helps for this purpose.

However, that's not totally needed, in the last version of Strpix, there is a mode that show the vertices in green and red, you can swap them

For swap vertices: Press Ctrl+Left click on a vertex to select it, (the number of the vertex appear on the lower left corner). After that, press single Left click on another vertex, they will swap.

The green vertices, are vertices that are under the "umbral", so they are accepted for the connection with joint meshes. Therfore, you don't need to remap all the connection vertices, only need to swap the red vertices with green vertices.

If the connection edges of the Lara_Skin are populated only by green vertices, it should work. (Unless, the vertices of the Skin and Skin_Joint are not in the same world position, I struggled with this a lot because due to the mirror effect that happens between blender and TRengine, using the Metaseq instructions of that linked tutorial is how I fixed the non-connection problem ).

Last edited by adngel; 22-03-20 at 12:11.
adngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-20, 00:47   #19734
Stryke
Student

I was wondering in TR3 Area 51. How did they build the inside of the spacecraft? lol I know it may sound like a silly question.
Stryke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-20, 07:41   #19735
TR-Freak
Professor

by misusing overlapping rooms

https://streamable.com/wjhv1

Left-To-Right is lower floor -> upper floor
Grey lines are portals between the same floor. you have to split a floor into multiple rooms to have proper connections
Old 25-03-20, 09:15   #19736
CheshireBitch
Archaeologist

But today with the TR4 engine I guess it would be easier ? Isn't there a way to teleport Lara inside the same level with a "LaraStartPosition" ?
CheshireBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-20, 10:19   #19737
TR-Freak
Professor

If you dont want a Level jump, no.
Old 25-03-20, 11:51   #19738
Joey79100
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireBitch View Post
But today with the TR4 engine I guess it would be easier ? Isn't there a way to teleport Lara inside the same level with a "LaraStartPosition" ?
Easier... well, it helps for the designer when he wants to see the whole level at once, yes, but that's all. Making such a setup is actually not more complicated, it's just that it can get a bit confusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryke View Post
I was wondering in TR3 Area 51. How did they build the inside of the spacecraft? lol I know it may sound like a silly question.
Well... they really did put the spaceship where it is, at the same place. But it doesn't matter for the engine.

See, the levels are made of rooms.
Not everything is rendered at once, only what is meant to be visible is rendered. So as long as Lara is in a room, the engine will render that room, and also the connected rooms, but only if they are in the camera's field of view (and not hidden by walls/blocks).

Also, Lara's position is not just a 3D position, it's her 3D position + the room number. And the room number plays an important part.
Each portal between two rooms is literally a connection between those two precise rooms (say room A and room B). So when Lara goes through a portal, she goes from the old room (room A) to the new room (room B). It's not guessed based on her 3D position, it really depends on which portal she crosses (otherwise indeed it would be a mess to create a spaceship). So when Lara goes through door at the bottom of the spaceship, the engine knows she's going into the spaceship and not in the outside room. And when she is registered to be in a spaceship room, the engine knows it has to render the spaceship room, and then the connected rooms if they are visible.

So in the end it's just use what the engine was already capable of. No special setup or anything.
Old 25-03-20, 20:16   #19739
tombraiderfrea
Archaeologist

Ok, I'm at a loss. I thought I had fixed my issue with an outfit I'm working on to better suit my level, but I fixed the one problem with the Joint that connects Lara's Torso to her Hips, but now there seems to be a problem with the Hip joint. And I didn't even mess with that joint or the meshes connecting it. Am I missing something?

(The joint / faces are jutting out behind her pistols, if it's not 100% clear in the screen. )
Old 25-03-20, 20:58   #19740
Kapu
Professor

Default @tombraiderfrea

I have (A LOT) of free time at the moment, if you want to send it to me I can check the connections and figure out what's wrong.

If I had to guess, I would assume the connection joints aren't matching up, which will cause issues like that even when the joints are remapped correctly.

Btw, next time throw down a couple of flares to illuminate Lara to make her easier to see.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote