Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 29-03-20, 09:51   #14211
TR-Freak
Unverified

nvm.
TR-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-20, 14:50   #14212
JEYEM

thanks all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR-Freak View Post
Effect 12 is indeed "Hands Free" i.e. it clears the Busy Hand Flag so Lara can interact again.
There is a "FreeHands" standalone animcommand which should be equivalent to Effect 12.
Oh, I understand, it was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermahn View Post
FreeHands clears the busy hand flag after the animation has finished playing. Effect 12 does it at a specific frame.

To access effect 12 you can simply type '12' in the rightmost field.
I typed 12 in the rightmost field and was able to change it to the correct frame number. And everything worked fine. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystian View Post
To clarify, you can type any "old flipeffect" in this field and it will be triggered by the engine on that particular frame of the animation. Here's a complete list of flipeffects, Complete Flipeffect List. The one that is relevant to TRLE is TR4, of course. Old flipeffects are also listed as OldFlip in NGLE trigger panel.
Wow, these effects still work by typing numbers.
JEYEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-20, 18:27   #14213
Gancian

Quote:
I guess you can display NGStrings in JMNs plugin. You can use Variable Placeholders to display a variable text.
For example the "Big Text" Variable has the placeholder #1000
Just make an NG String that simply has #1000 as content and then reference the NG String in your Diary.
Thanks for the tip, TR-Freak. I tried to follow it, unfortunately it doesn't seem to work inside the inventory... The actual text display doesn't get updated. I'll try to signal the issue to JMN, maybe it's a bug that could be patched.

EDIT: I got an epiphany... What if I'm using placeholder uncorrectly? TR-Freak how do you write a placeholder in a script command? You just write down #1000 instead of the number the script command was expecting? Because I'm starting to think that the problem is that the script command is interpreting #1000 as a value and not as a placeholder...

Last edited by Gancian; 29-03-20 at 18:33.
Gancian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-20, 07:38   #14214
TR-Freak
Unverified

you dont write a placeholder in the script, you write it it as a String in to the English.txt.
You display the String that has this placeholder.

For example you can write a (NGString) that says "I have #800 apples in my bag".
the "#800" will be replaced by the value of the CurrentValue variable and will display "I have 900 apples in my bag" within the game.
You can of course just have a string "#1000". which just displays BigText variable

Edit:
Does someone know why my Sixshooter doesnt light the environment when fired?
I also have FWEAP_ADD_GUNSHELL to add a gunshell but it doesnt work either.
I dont have any other customization for the revolver and removing any weapon customization doesnt solve it.

Last edited by TR-Freak; 30-03-20 at 07:43.
TR-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-20, 10:07   #14215
Gancian

Quote:
you dont write a placeholder in the script, you write it it as a String in to the English.txt.
You display the String that has this placeholder.

For example you can write a (NGString) that says "I have #800 apples in my bag".
the "#800" will be replaced by the value of the CurrentValue variable and will display "I have 900 apples in my bag" within the game.
You can of course just have a string "#1000". which just displays BigText variable
Thanks for your clarification. I did use it uncorrectly. Now I corrected it, but the problem is still there, the text doesn't change even if I trigger it to do so. I'll try to use the other text parameteres just to be sure.

EDIT: Nevermind anything I've said. There was an error in my setup, I just corrected it and BOOM, I discovered that examine objects do not accept placeholder text at all. ^^'

I don't know about your other problem... I modified my sixshooter with your same parameters and it does leave shells and light the environment.

Last edited by Gancian; 31-03-20 at 10:38.
Old 04-04-20, 02:40   #14216
nerdfury

Default Boundaries on moving objects

By following the "Moving Objects with Scripts and Flipeffects" tutorial (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=211942), I have successfully setup a puzzle where Lara has to use a lever in order to move a static object onto the correct tile, where I have placed a heavy trigger.

With the use of PARAM_MOVE_ITEM and flipeffects, there are no issues with moving the object itself, but unfortunately I don't know how to set a boundary on the moving object. In other words, I don't want the player to accidentally move the object outside of the boundary of the room. How do I apply a constraint to where a static object can be moved? I tried the grey box icon on the left side of the editor, but that didn't stop the object from being accidentally moved outside of the room.
nerdfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 10:31   #14217
MarlenaCrystal

The first thing that came to my mind was, that you could (heavy) trigger kind of a "click" sound when the object reaches the correct tile (so that the player knows it's the correct tile) and then also (heavy) trigger a flipmap of that room with the lever, so that you can delete any triggers underneath the lever in the flipped room to make it not usable anymore. Because you can only have one heavy trigger, you could make a triggergroup for everything.

Maybe there is an easier way, but this should work, too. ^.^
MarlenaCrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 11:54   #14218
Titak

^
That could indeed work.
It will disable the setup once the object has reached the correct tile.

Assuming that the object can't be moved around the correct tile that is.
Otherwise it could still move into walls before it reaches the correct tile.

Since one switch is used (right?) to move the object, I'm also assuming that the object can move in one direction only.
In case you'd rather not disable the setup once the correct tile is reached, you could place a heavy-trigger for a flipeffect to move the object back to its original position when it reaches the tile in front of the wall.
So, let's say the object can move 5 tiles east before going into the wall. So on the tile in front of the wall you put a heavy-trigger to move it 5 tiles west, back to where it came from.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-20, 18:31   #14219
nerdfury

Thank you, both. I'll use a flipmap and that should be fine. As soon as the object is moved onto the correct tile using a lever, the flipmap will be activated via a heavy trigger. Afterwards, the lever controlling the object will no longer do anything, so the player can't accidentally move the object out of the room.
nerdfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-20, 10:55   #14220
Gancian

I'm not sure if I'll ever go through with this, but I'd like to create a plugin myself. Nothing complicated (I guess), just something fancy to have two different flares in the same level. I just can't decide between classic TR-flare or new TR4-glowstick so I was thinking "Why not both?"
Do you think something like that might be possible through the use of plugins? Because I can't think of a better option via scripting alone.