Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Closed Thread

Old 30-01-13, 00:22   #31
Lwmte

I have updated patch set again, seems I have to freeze both randomizers... That's the reason why electric arc was shaking!

Also, I have fixed stylish bars positioning... Not that I'm happy with it, because TR5's position calculation formula was better, but at least now it should be fully compatible with TRNG bar annotations!
Old 30-01-13, 00:25   #32
raiderromero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lwmte View Post
I have updated patch set again, seems I have to freeze both randomizers... That's the reason why electric arc was shaking!

Also, I have fixed stylish bars positioning... Not that I'm happy with it, because TR5's position calculation formula was better, but at least now it should be fully compatible with TRNG bar annotations!
really? gotta try
Old 30-01-13, 00:39   #33
Delta

Perfect, also the electricity is frozen now, but I noticed another one (not important again): the underwater dust is still enabled but every particle vanishes in very few time.

I cannot test the text for the stylish bars now, but the loading bar is restored

Anyway are you planning to build a tool like DRCMerger? I'm adding these patches taken from TREP but you're updating the patches.flp with new patches

Last edited by Delta; 30-01-13 at 00:48.
Old 30-01-13, 00:47   #34
raiderromero

excuse me where do i costumize the bars on flep cause in blending modes there i snothing of that?

there is only :

To understand source / dest blending operations, search for D3DBLEND enumeration page on MSDN.

NVM i did it hehe

Last edited by raiderromero; 30-01-13 at 01:07.
Old 30-01-13, 01:36   #35
Lwmte

@Delta: the reason why we have these problems with underwater dust, lightning, rain and snow particles is that Core programmers didn't separated update routines from drawing routines; so basically they are updating in the same routines they are drawing.

I did a bypass for TRNG rain / snow and underwater dust routines though in latest custom patch set revision. Gosh, it feels like I'm walking on a minefield trying to "wrap" all these scattered TRNG calls! But so far it works normally.

As for DRCMerger... Yes, I think, eventually I'll port it to support .flp files!

Last edited by Lwmte; 30-01-13 at 02:11.
Old 30-01-13, 03:47   #36
THOR2010

question about the TRC stylish bars, are they transparent nomatter what or can that be changed?
Old 30-01-13, 04:20   #37
raiderromero

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOR2010 View Post
question about the TRC stylish bars, are they transparent nomatter what or can that be changed?
no in fact you need to play around with the values and parameters so that you can have a desired style:
* border parameters will only change the border (line outisde indeed lol)
* the background parameters will change the appearence of what is inside the bar ( behind the bar full or empty, i said behind but actually if the bar is full this parameters will be over current bar so i can say that this parameters are behind and in fron of current/old bar) be careful cause if you put colors everywhere your original bar will look a mess and will not be so visible because new colors will be covering the old color.
* the active bar render type doesnt do that much (in my experience) if you change this value nothing will happen but ugly black bars,
* background render type maximun value seems to be 30 and gives sort of transparence, but i also noticed different types of bars with values 4 2 -10 8 15
* Border render type will also add transparence to the border (when increasing the number) if you increase it too much it will disappear, a razonable number would be bewteen 0 and 10 (if i remember correctly)

Last edited by raiderromero; 30-01-13 at 04:40.
Old 30-01-13, 10:51   #38
Lwmte

Well, almost...
Background render type can be set up to 14, it corresponds blending modes listed here, plus new blending modes. So, to set up transparent bars, you need to play with combinations of 2, 5, 8, 9 or 10 blending modes for both backgrounds and active bar.

I wish I could write a manual about all this, but I have no time.
Old 30-01-13, 13:05   #39
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricell View Post
-Off Topic-
Right after Titak went to bed !

Good thing Wednesday is my day off from work.

Although testing this thing will have to wait.
I already lost time today because of getting groceries and a new mouse (the wheel on the old mouse did not scroll properly anymore) and I also, finally, bought a KVM Switch so I can have both my coputers running and easily switch from one to the other.

Anyway, the update looks very promissing.
I'm going to test it some time today for sure!
Old 30-01-13, 17:46   #40
raiderromero

you should also remove :

However, please note that this patch disables loading bar.

cause thats not happening anymore
Closed Thread