www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 07-03-21, 16:16   #621
Ado Croft
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
are you using ngle or te
I'm using new TE
Ado Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-21, 17:10   #622
SrDanielPonces
Tomb Raider

then you cant use meta2tr, in fact its not recommended. use imported geometry instead
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-21, 16:25   #623
Titak

Question

This message has been driving me nuts today.
All portals seem to be correct in the editor, because I'm not getting any errormessages when converting the project.
And I am not touching any of the portals in the RoomsAndFloor.mqo.
I even tested with a freshly unpacked RoomsAndFloor.mqo which I did not edit it at all. Only saved it.

Quote:
Portal error found.
Check Port012Fr082To086 in Room082, it should lead upwards to Room086.
Check that no part of this portal is outside of the floor area of the upper
room (Room086)
When checking said portal, and a couple of others that also get a similar errormessage, it fits the portal hole nicely, just like any other portal object.
It sometimes works to reduce the size of the portal object a tiny bit, but then, with later saves of the RoomsAndFloor.mqo, the error surfaces again even though I haven't touched the portal again.

Any ideas what this could be?
Old 14-02-22, 13:26   #624
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
This message has been driving me nuts today.
All portals seem to be correct in the editor, because I'm not getting any errormessages when converting the project.
And I am not touching any of the portals in the RoomsAndFloor.mqo.
I even tested with a freshly unpacked RoomsAndFloor.mqo which I did not edit it at all. Only saved it.

Quote:
Portal error found.
Check Port012Fr082To086 in Room082, it should lead upwards to Room086.
Check that no part of this portal is outside of the floor area of the upper
room (Room086)
When checking said portal, and a couple of others that also get a similar errormessage, it fits the portal hole nicely, just like any other portal object.
It sometimes works to reduce the size of the portal object a tiny bit, but then, with later saves of the RoomsAndFloor.mqo, the error surfaces again even though I haven't touched the portal again.

Any ideas what this could be?
Bumping thread with this...

I keep getting this error, no matter what I do.
Changed the prj, rearranged the portals, deleted them and recreated them. And still these errors.
If it skips this particular portal it'll moan about another one. When that seems fixed (?) it moans about a missing ceiling collision in that room 82.
When that is "fixed" it moans about the portal again.

I'm at a loss here.

I even tried using an older version of Meta2TR, version 6 which I also used for MoA part1, but then I keep having messed up texturing ingame. Files look fine in Meta though.

(I'd prefer using version 8 ofcourse since you can also edit floor and ceiling collision with it, for diagonal walls. But at least vs6 does not moan about portals as long as they are not visible in the roomall.mqo)
Old 14-02-22, 20:28   #625
psiko
Archaeologist

woudl you mind sending me the files to check them? I am quite sure it is fixable.

I need anything to re-build the tr4 file (sounds included if necessary, wads, prj, tga) and the meta2tr files.

Don't worry, I'll respect your privacy and have a look only at the necessary things.
psiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-22, 10:33   #626
Ado Croft
Historian

Default Problem with textures

Hi, I have a problem and I need help. I made a level in the new Tomb Editor and at the same time I worked with Metasequoia. The processed that I made a few rooms in Tomb Editor and then edited them in Metasequoia. I saved the level in Tomb Editor, then converted it and released in the game. I took the level from Data folder and coverted it via Meta2TR. I opened the level in Metasequoia, I modified a part of the level and then coverted it via Meta2TR back.
I got Newlevel.tr4, which I renamed it to my current level. I also saved the edited file (mqo) together with the Tile files (textures) in a separate folder. I worked this way until I finished the whole level in Tomb Editor. Now, that I have created the whole level, I would like to merge all the modified parts from all mqo files into the whole level. So after dropping the level.tr4 to Meta2TR, I marked all the mqo files and put them through Meta2TR. When I started the game, some of the textures will repleace with another textures. How should I proceed if I want all the textures as I have them originally made?

Thank you for your help
Ado Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-22, 16:15   #627
PedroTheGamer
Explorer

^ Tomb editor is not compartible with Metatr2,and even it's impossible do a version of it since there's no source code of it,althrough you can do a similar trick with geometry imported,you can edit room there and apply textures,export. better use blender instead.... you decide.

hope it helps...
Old 19-02-22, 16:58   #628
psiko
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ado Croft View Post
Hi, I have a problem and I need help. I made a level in the new Tomb Editor and at the same time I worked with Metasequoia. The processed that I made a few rooms in Tomb Editor and then edited them in Metasequoia. I saved the level in Tomb Editor, then converted it and released in the game. I took the level from Data folder and coverted it via Meta2TR. I opened the level in Metasequoia, I modified a part of the level and then coverted it via Meta2TR back.
I got Newlevel.tr4, which I renamed it to my current level. I also saved the edited file (mqo) together with the Tile files (textures) in a separate folder. I worked this way until I finished the whole level in Tomb Editor. Now, that I have created the whole level, I would like to merge all the modified parts from all mqo files into the whole level. So after dropping the level.tr4 to Meta2TR, I marked all the mqo files and put them through Meta2TR. When I started the game, some of the textures will repleace with another textures. How should I proceed if I want all the textures as I have them originally made?

Thank you for your help
try this: rename all the tga files (bmp files, whatever are the textures) with different nameXXX.ext where XXX is a unique number from 001 to 999, (and ext is the extension of the file, bmp for instance), trying to not have repeated numbers.
If you have for instance, tile345.bmp and then texture345.jpg, it is much probable meta2tr will read them as the same file number and use the first one he finds as texture material. No need to do this for all the textures, just the textures (and materials) that have the same 3 final number.
I am supposing, though, because I never used meta2tr with TEN.

Last edited by psiko; 19-02-22 at 17:00.
psiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-22, 17:38   #629
Joey79100
Professor

^ It probably won't work, Pedro is right. From the TE - Frequently Asked Questions thread:

Quote:
Q: Can I use meta2tr with TE levels?
A: Levels generated with latest TE versions can be loaded into meta2tr, however, meta2tr can't properly identify and parse sub-pixel texture coordinates which are extensively used in TE-generated levels. This results in corrupted textures and de-animated animation ranges. It happens because presumably meta2tr uses different formula to convert texture coordinates. Since meta2tr programmer is also not available anymore and meta2tr is also a closed-source software, we can't fix this issue without his assistance.

Q: If TE isn't compatible with meta2tr, how can I use custom geometry?
A: There are two ways to use custom geometry - imported room geometry and merged static meshes.

Q: What's the difference between imported room geometry and merged statics?
A: With first one, you can directly import custom geometry in TE in various formats, like OBJ, COLLADA or FBX. You must note that custom geometry won't have any collision so you must appropriately edit room geometry. As for merged static meshes, the feature is similar to meta2tr feature with same name, and it will retain "soft" collision of original static meshes. Also, merged statics have a special option to apply room vertex effects, like glow and movement - refer to Level Settings -> Static Meshes dialog for details.

Q: I am used to meta2tr workflow and I want to export my room geometry, edit it and import it back. Is it possible?
A: Yes. Since version 1.3 Tomb Editor supports exporting of room meshes and re-importing them back.

Last edited by Joey79100; 19-02-22 at 17:44.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-22, 18:50   #630
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by psiko View Post
woudl you mind sending me the files to check them? I am quite sure it is fixable.

I need anything to re-build the tr4 file (sounds included if necessary, wads, prj, tga) and the meta2tr files.

Don't worry, I'll respect your privacy and have a look only at the necessary things.
That would be great.
I can send you the files when I get back home on Monday.