Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 28-03-23, 15:24   #19941
Chamayoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunet View Post
It actually makes more sense to post on that other thread since she's writing the series and not the movie (as far as we know...), but since the news of the interview was shared here previously, I didn't even remember the other thread

But yeah, it's great to see (well, read) how excited she is about the project and how she has a very positive experience with Lara and Tomb Raider, particularly the Classics as she mentions playing as a teenager.

I do wonder what she means by there being a revolution inside the show
Who knows ?
She said wanted to "destroy" the character with love, and I think I get what she meant about that. Maybe acknowledge and make fun of the (now popular) ""controversy"" of her being a Tomb Raider, something like that ?

EDIT : Nevermind, I don't know how to read it seems.
She was talking about "characters", not the character as Lara Croft. So nevermind.

Last edited by Chamayoo; 28-03-23 at 15:29.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-23, 15:50   #19942
Rai

115 people viewing this section? Are we expecting something?
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-23, 16:39   #19943
JocLo

I thought the same.. might be a bug or something
JocLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-23, 18:00   #19944
Chamayoo

I do not paid attention to the number of anonymous viewers anymore, must be a bunch of bots.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-23, 18:54   #19945
AimlessThunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
115 people viewing this section? Are we expecting something?
I am not sure. Not really. Nothing has been announced.

126 viewers now.
AimlessThunder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-23, 17:23   #19946
JocLo

https://youtu.be/icgSr-RDuPs
JocLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-23, 21:38   #19947
amiro1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by JocLo View Post
Actually, if CD wants to make TR a Marvel like series, it's exactly characters of that caliber that they need. I hate Reboot Lara Croft, but honestly, if they were to introduce characters as charismatic as the OG Lara in the storyline, that would make an interesting mix and an even more interesting game. I would love for her to compete with people with a different skill set, but just as lucky and with a death wish.
amiro1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-23, 20:42   #19948
tlr online
Tomb Raider Forums

Quote:
Three new storyboards from the cancelled Tomb Raider motion picture sequel under British filmmaker Ben Wheatley have been published by concept artist Jake Lunt Davies as part of Portfolio Day, a celebration of creativity on Twitter.

"Hey, I'm a concept, character, creature designer and storyboard artist. Mainly for film, TV and commercials. I've done a lot of Star Wars, currently on Venom 3. Pics from Andor, GlassOnion Venom 2 and dead Tomb Raider 2." Jake posted on Twitter.

The Tomb Raider motion picture was rebooted in 2018 by Warner Bros. Pictures and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures. Alicia Vikander starred as British aristocrat Lara Croft, under the direction of Roar Uthaug, with Oscar-winner Graham King producing under his GK Films banner. The film told the story of a young and resolute Lara Croft on a path toward becoming a global hero and has grossed more than 270M USD worldwide.

The sequel to the Tomb Raider motion picture reboot has been mired in controversy since first being revealed. Misha Green replaced Ben Wheatley at the helm with Alicia Vikander onboard to reprise her role as Lara Croft. MGM subsequently lost the film rights, sparking a bidding war for the IP. Amazon has since reportedly won a massive rights deal for the Lara Croft-helmed franchise with a TV series and film planned.

https://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines4660.html
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-23, 23:09   #19949
Ellioft

Wait those aren't new at all
I have them on my phone since the 10th january 2023
And I'm sure it was posted here too
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-23, 23:11   #19950
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
For anyone interested there are more storyboards up from Ben Wheatleys version of the film on Jake Lunt Davies website.

The film featured Lu Ren, Dominguez, Ana, Rourke and even Sam!

https://jakelunt.com/tomb-raider-2

It seems that it lifted plot points from all three of the reboot trilogy games whilst also mirroring the AJ films and being a true sequel to the 2018 movie aswell. It couldve turned out a tad convoluted but we will never know.
Here's the original link ^^
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote