www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Modding > XNALara

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-10-10, 03:48   #11
reload
Hobbyist
 
reload's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Brazil
Posts: 90
Default

I do not know if this is where I asked, but please someone help me how to put transparency or brightness in thorgauntlet ....(With notepad)
reload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-10, 14:34   #12
puzzler
Hobbyist
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 8
Default

well as 3D max is also a moddeling programm, so i think that's the right topic.
I am trying to import model from XNA Lara to 3Dmax 9 , but i only imported OBJ file, but without any textures... can someone tell me how to imort textures to the model??? I have MTL file, but can do with it anything so far
puzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-10, 15:57   #13
Lara_maniac
Junior Member
 
Lara_maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Italy Piemont
Posts: 902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzler View Post
well as 3D max is also a moddeling programm, so i think that's the right topic.
I am trying to import model from XNA Lara to 3Dmax 9 , but i only imported OBJ file, but without any textures... can someone tell me how to imort textures to the model??? I have MTL file, but can do with it anything so far
if you have an object that works in xnaLara he must work in 3ds max too. be sure that the textures are in the same folder of mtl file and object file..

i've made for you this short tutorial to import objects from xnaLara to 3DsMax.. the file is Swf format you have simply to open it with your browser.. or drag the file in the browser page.. bye..

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FGNQDPEG

Last edited by Lara_maniac; 11-10-10 at 16:26.
Lara_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-10, 05:21   #14
XNAaraL
Professor
 
XNAaraL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The worthwhile problems are the U can really solve, the ones U can really contribute something to
Posts: 3,172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_maniac View Post
i've made this short tutorial to import objects from xnaLara to 3DsMax.. the file is Swf format you have simply to open it with your browser.. or drag the file in the browser page.. bye..

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FGNQDPEG
Thanks.
Added to the first page.
XNAaraL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-10, 10:01   #15
Lara_maniac
Junior Member
 
Lara_maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Italy Piemont
Posts: 902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNAaraL View Post
Thanks.
Added to the first page.
thanks to you for add my tut in the first page!!
here there is another one that i've made weeks ago..if you'll decide that this tutorial is usefull too.. thake a look..bye

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...95&postcount=1

and this
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=172326

Last edited by Lara_maniac; 12-10-10 at 10:12.
Lara_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-10, 17:46   #16
puzzler
Hobbyist
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_maniac View Post
if you have an object that works in xnaLara he must work in 3ds max too. be sure that the textures are in the same folder of mtl file and object file..

i've made for you this short tutorial to import objects from xnaLara to 3DsMax.. the file is Swf format you have simply to open it with your browser.. or drag the file in the browser page.. bye..

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FGNQDPEG
sorry, but i can't download this file... idk why =(((

my .obj and .mtl files as well as textures are in the same folder, but when i am importing .onj into 3Dmax9 it's just a gray textured model... idk how to bind right textures on it
puzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-10, 20:45   #17
puzzler
Hobbyist
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 8
Default

Guys!!! I was using tutorial that i here, but i still get this...

what to do???

puzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-10, 07:17   #18
XNAaraL
Professor
 
XNAaraL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The worthwhile problems are the U can really solve, the ones U can really contribute something to
Posts: 3,172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzler View Post
..but i still get this... what to do???
Wrong Thread :-(
Quote:
Originally Posted by XNAaraL View Post

Modding Tips, Tricks and Tutorials, FAQ's
Use this Thread, if you have any questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XNAaraL View Post
Make a question in the FAQ Mesh Modding thread http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=154890 , you can use any language (yes german are wellcome :-). I make then a translation to german language and a multi language response.
If you find links to some other tutorials about mesh modding, then post a link in this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XNAaraL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by XNAaraL View Post
What to do? RTFM (Read the fantastic Manual) from 3ds max, or STFW (search the fine WWW-Web) :-( For example this, or this or this or ... ;-)

Last edited by XNAaraL; 22-10-10 at 07:37.
XNAaraL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-10, 06:39   #19
Monkey 13
Historian
 
Monkey 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: In an infinitely large room...
Posts: 365
Default

I've been meaning to post a link to this (I think I originally learned of it here on TRF):

Blender Basics - 3rd Edition

A 16 meg pdf (you'll need Adobe Acrobat Reader to use it); individual chapters may also be downloaded separately. A good reference for the Blender (2.49) interface.
__________________
Have yourself a wary little Christmas. (Really must change this signature...)
Monkey 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-10, 06:55   #20
XNAaraL
Professor
 
XNAaraL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The worthwhile problems are the U can really solve, the ones U can really contribute something to
Posts: 3,172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey 13 View Post
A good reference for the Blender (2.49) interface.
Thanks. First page updated.
__________________
Link removed. - Why ? google, google “Google is your friend!”
XNAaraL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.