Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 25-07-19, 22:07   #11
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackboy123 View Post
They was a debug tool that allowed you to switch Kurtis with Lara, including all her weapons and animations too but the download is no longer available.
oh.

I didn't know that as possible and now I'm sad that it's apparently gone.

It'd be cool on a second playthrough to run around in Lara's levels as Kurtis and Kurtis's levels as Lara.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-19, 22:50   #12
FreakRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
oh.

I didn't know that as possible and now I'm sad that it's apparently gone.

It'd be cool on a second playthrough to run around in Lara's levels as Kurtis and Kurtis's levels as Lara.
you could play as lara in kurtis levels, but the game would crash if you tried changing lara to kurtis in lara levels
FreakRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-19, 22:51   #13
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakRaider View Post
you could play as lara in kurtis levels, but the game would crash if you tried changing lara to kurtis in lara levels
Still, getting to unload on Boaz with an automatic weapon would have been fun.
Old 26-07-19, 08:17   #14
UroshUchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyEdge10 View Post
How can skip Kurtis' levels make the game better?

If we'd cut out "The Sanatorium" and "Max Conteinment Area" levels there'd just be the cutscene where Kurtis opens the door of the room where he left Lara, and that would absolutely make no sense.

There are only 3 levels featuring Kurtis (the ones mentioned above and Boaz Return), and I don't understand how they can bother you.
Because I finished the game several times before and I've no desire to play through his levels again if I don't have it. Seen them, did them more than enough. I would enjoy a replay of AOD far more if I only did Lara's levels. I am not playing this game for the story at this point because I know it. Is everything clear now?
UroshUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-19, 15:57   #15
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
Because I finished the game several times before and I've no desire to play through his levels again if I don't have it. Seen them, did them more than enough. I would enjoy a replay of AOD far more if I only did Lara's levels. I am not playing this game for the story at this point because I know it. Is everything clear now?
Download the SCU and use debug mode to skip levels.

If you're on PS2 there's a level select cheat.

Last edited by Samz; 26-07-19 at 16:36.
Old 26-07-19, 16:48   #16
JCGaming
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
I know there is a way of skipping them by using saves from some sites but is there any way to make the game to skip them ?

I think it would make the game better.
Hey I like the levels where you play as Kurtis for me its cool that AOD allowed you to play as a different character for a change each to their own I guess.
JCGaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-19, 21:48   #17
Zsott

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackboy123 View Post
They was a debug tool that allowed you to switch Kurtis with Lara, including all her weapons and animations too but the download is no longer available.
here's the link:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasho648 View Post
Yeah - this program can change the player ID. The benefit of using it is that it could also include the animation for the one you want to play (but with a little memory cost ). So this means that you could also change the character abilities and animations.

Here is a better link to it.

As for OP.
Using any kind of debug menu, you can skip those levels...

Last edited by Zsott; 31-07-19 at 21:52.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-19, 11:12   #18
LuckyEdge10

Hello. I downloaded this tool but I don't know how it actually works. I want to try and switch Kurtis' character into Lara in Kurtis levels. How do I do that?

EDIT: Everytime I try to open the tool, it says that mfc100u.dll couldn't be found and the tool doesn't even open. Halp.

EDIT 2: Ok, I had to download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 and now it works, but I still have no clue on how to use the tool.

Last edited by LuckyEdge10; 17-08-19 at 11:20.
LuckyEdge10 is offline   Reply With Quote