www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 07-09-18, 13:36   #661
sasho648
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
That is quite impressive. Since it seems to be partially implemented, do you think it could be possible to enable it, even if only for animations?
Well it's already in the game as I said - all you have to do is enable tank control variant - then go somewhere - best place Derelict Apartments and press the down button while holding space and with weapons drawn - in front of the stairs - then eventually you'll hold the weapon in stealth mode outside the stairs = now the catch is to hook up nearby wall by pressing the control button - and you are done - now you are permanently holding a weapon in stealth mode.
Old 07-09-18, 17:18   #662
Caesum
Tomb Raider

I was talking about a way to enable it without using Sydenham's chorea on stairs. As in, for example, simply by taking out weapons while in stealth, without the stairs bug
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-18, 22:24   #663
Ruu11
Explorer

omg that's impressive
i remember being able to make Lara holding her pistol while stealth walking in PS2 verison, but i couldn't handle it too much

super cool find, sasho!
Ruu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-18, 06:45   #664
Girafarig32
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasho648 View Post
I was actually able to enable those even in the PS2 version but I doubt this holds any interest at all.
I'm actually interested! As someone who primarily plays TRAoD on the playstation, I mean. How did you enable tank mode on the PS2 version?
Old 08-09-18, 07:59   #665
sasho648
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruu11 View Post
omg that's impressive
i remember being able to make Lara holding her pistol while stealth walking in PS2 verison, but i couldn't handle it too much

super cool find, sasho!
Yep - that's how it happened - I know I had to mash all the f* keys.

For the PS2 version - I was working on the Japanese SLPS_252.46.CHT - if you have OPL - you create this file into your CHT folder and write in it:

Code:
90218728 0C086172
That's the master code for the image then my super secrete sausage IRC should hopefully be:

00425C74 00000001

This will enable tank control movement - the same as the pc debugged camera version but I wasn't able to lock the camera - this was my last effort (Actually my last effort was trying to fit optimization code for loading levels that are already loaded in the memory since waiting times were killing me).

Ah and also I wasn't able to perform the pistol glitch on this version since it would not allow you walking backwards.

My point is - keep the tank controls PC and camera relative PS2 if you don't want the world to end.

Last edited by sasho648; 08-09-18 at 08:08.
sasho648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-19, 11:49   #666
LuckyEdge10

Hello! All the links for the Actor Edit and GMX file converter are broken and lost. Is there a way to get them?
LuckyEdge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-19, 05:05   #667
TRExpertgamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyEdge10 View Post
Hello! All the links for the Actor Edit and GMX file converter are broken and lost. Is there a way to get them?
Great question. Are you trying to fix it?
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-19, 08:11   #668
LuckyEdge10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRExpertgamer View Post
Great question. Are you trying to fix it?
There is no way to "fix it", I just need the files.
LuckyEdge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-19, 17:22   #669
nameless
Hobbyist

Hi, I was wondering if I could get some help (i'm hoping this is the right place) but whenever I try to add The Angel of Darkness Recovery Patchby Sasho648 or add changes with Tomb Raider - The Angel of Darkness EXE Multi-Patcher
by Nakamichi680 none of the changes are added? The game still has major tank controls. Thank you in advance. I'm using the steam version
nameless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-19, 18:12   #670
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless View Post
Hi, I was wondering if I could get some help (i'm hoping this is the right place) but whenever I try to add The Angel of Darkness Recovery Patchby Sasho648 or add changes with Tomb Raider - The Angel of Darkness EXE Multi-Patcher
by Nakamichi680 none of the changes are added? The game still has major tank controls. Thank you in advance. I'm using the steam version
It will still have the tank controls, there’s no way around them. The patch just adds faster running, a new 360 degree turn instead of walking back and the animation of bumping into walls. It also fixes the walking before running thing.
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote