www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 10-04-20, 20:27   #1
Greenapple968
Relic Hunter

Arrow In Spyro, rate the creatures from your favourite to least favourite

I was watching a speedrun for Spyro Year Of The Dragon; the only PS1 Spyro game that I've played. As well as playing as Spyro, there are other creatures that you are able to play as: Sheila the kangaroo, Sargent Bird the flying penguin, Bentley the yeti, and Agent 9 the Monkey. Excluding Spyro, how would you rate those four creatures from your favourite to least favourite?

For me, it would probably go:
1) Sargent Bird (I like the fact that he can fly and his missiles seem to be pretty effective.)
2) Sheila (I like the fact that she can jump high and her attacks seem to be decent.)
3) Agent 9 (His gun is what's saved him from coming last.)
4) Bentley (I admire his strength, but his slow speed and inability to jump very high are the reasons why he's come last.)

Having not played the other Spyro games, I don't know if there are other creatures that you can play as within other Spyro games. However, this thread is not exclusive to Spyro Year Of The Dragon; you can rate other creatures from other Spyro games, if there are any. Don't compare creatures from one Spyro game to creatures from a different Spyro game; only compare the creatures to other creatures within the same Spyro game.

Last edited by Greenapple968; 10-04-20 at 21:22.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-20, 12:57   #2
Ikas90
Globetrotter

1. Sgt. Byrd - I love flying around, but hate the level with the witches.
2. Bentley - I just loved smashing things, but I hated the level with the moles.
3. Agent 9 - Pretty fun.
4. Sheila - Controlling her feels like an effort.

Spyro 3 is the only game with other playable creatures, at least from the original trilogy. Not sure about the games that come after.
Old 18-04-20, 13:31   #3
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

I love Spyro 3! Itís my favorite

1: Bentley. I love his levels, his size, the ice club, and his cute little brother yeti that he has to save a couple of times. I donít like that fighting/boxing mini game though. Itís the only thing I donít enjoy about his levels.

2: Shelia. I like her levels and sheís got a simple move set that I feel they did a great job at platforming with. Double jumping and super hop to get to places, bashing walls out, and thereís something satisfying about kicking a Rhynoc off a cliff

3: Sgt Byrd. I like the rockets and thatís about it. I think the flying controls couldíve been better but after all.. he is a penguin so I should just be happy he can fly at all. I like his levels but since he can fly it opens everything up and it takes ages to find all the gems, eggs, enemies, and pieces of the skeleton man for that caveman. If his levels were smaller Iíd enjoy him a bit more.

4: Agent 9. I like the gun and being able to shoot with precision and over long distances. Thatís it. I donít like how he controls and when I was a kid his levels were so hard to do, especially the first person stuff. Itís just constant trial and error and memorizing where the enemies will come from when you enter a new room. Itís like the TR3 Mine cart. Youíre not given a map, so itís constantly dying and reloading until you get it right. Frustrating.
Old 04-05-20, 10:31   #4
Greenapple968
Relic Hunter

I see that this thread has finally gotten responses.

I see that Bentley is being rated more highly by you two than by me. I don't like Bentley's slow movement and inability to jump very high.