Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 30-07-19, 12:37   #11231
dcw123

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackboy123 View Post
Last time I played Uncharted 4 though, the majority of the game modes were dead. No one was even playing Classic and took me a while to get into a Co-op game
This.. no updates or anything for a while..

I know they're working on TLOU2 but I still think it would have been cool to see some more tweaks/updates, maybe some new maps (Lost Legacy / remade UC2/3 maps)

Since the old servers are being shut down, you'd think they'd remaster UC2/3 MP for PS4 - or port all the old maps over as they are, just for old times sake.
I realise thats a big ask - but just the thought of never playing the old MP maps again is kinda sad
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-19, 15:39   #11232
jajay119

I haven't played UC1-3 in a long time. I remeber really liking UC3 much more than the first two but I don't really remember any solid details from them apart from that woeful desert section. So, as such I don't have a specific favourite place for U1 as I really do not remember it.

U4 - I really liked the area outside the rear of the prison. I know it's only small but it was really interesting to me to see how the ancient had been incorporated into the modern. It felt very real. I do like Libertalia too and I wish there had been more exploration of the houses there

U4 - My favourite area is the sinking ship. There are two areas that feel ripped straight out of Tomb Raider Underworld in this game: The burning manor and the sinking ship. However, I have to say the ship segment in uncharded is so much better done. Both visually and in terms of gameplay.

U2- I'm really streching my memory as it's been so long but I remember being absolutely in awe of the final lost city. It's just a shame how linear it was. You don't much explore it and you just end up fighting really annoying, fast moving enemies which kinda ruins it.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-19, 16:10   #11233
sackboy123

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
This.. no updates or anything for a while..

I know they're working on TLOU2 but I still think it would have been cool to see some more tweaks/updates, maybe some new maps (Lost Legacy / remade UC2/3 maps)

Since the old servers are being shut down, you'd think they'd remaster UC2/3 MP for PS4 - or port all the old maps over as they are, just for old times sake.
I realise thats a big ask - but just the thought of never playing the old MP maps again is kinda sad
Exactly, it's sad how fast UC4 lost support, they supported UC2 and UC3 for quite a long time, we even got a 2 year anniversary, Dry Docks and Old Quarter for Co-op Arena.
sackboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-19, 13:34   #11234
Zsott

I just realized the other day I want to play with Uncharted. Then ... I just stopped playing, and looked at the environment, listened to the sounds.
Discovered new stuff...(I have still artifacts to be found, but not many)

one thing i don't get, is why the photomodes are different in lost legacy, than in the main game?
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-19, 19:29   #11235
ANoDE
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsott View Post
I just realized the other day I want to play with Uncharted. Then ... I just stopped playing, and looked at the environment, listened to the sounds.
Discovered new stuff...(I have still artifacts to be found, but not many)

<picture>

<picture>

<picture>

one thing i don't get, is why the photomodes are different in lost legacy, than in the main game?
Great pictures!

Hmm.. I can't remember - what's the main differences between the two modes? Is the LL one more advanced or is it lacking UC4 features?
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-19, 08:16   #11236
Zsott

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
Great pictures!

Hmm.. I can't remember - what's the main differences between the two modes? Is the LL one more advanced or is it lacking UC4 features?
Thanks!

For starters, I have the impression, that the camera limits are bigger, than in the main game.
Also, You can change Chloe's expression. (Just like in SoTR)
the most important, there is an option, where you can change the position of the sun, and it's angle. (3rd picture) This is not present in the main game.
Also, the whole photomode seems to be less sensitive...
Old 21-08-19, 09:08   #11237
ANoDE
Golden

So maybe they just continued development on the Photomode on their engine / framework and gave LL the updated version. Would make sense, considering that there was some time between the games' releases.
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-19, 10:13   #11238
Zsott

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
So maybe they just continued development on the Photomode on their engine / framework and gave LL the updated version. Would make sense, considering that there was some time between the games' releases.
Not to mention, TLoU 2 is made with the engine of U4.(just upgraded) I just watched a video, where they said by the lost legacy,they started upgrading that engine.
So it makes sense... I mean the first three Uncharted's photomode is exactly the same, as in The Last of Us... maybe it's going to be the same with this situation too.
Old 22-08-19, 22:04   #11239
TrustyBow

Another director left the upcoming movie: https://screenrant.com/uncharted-mov...olland-update/

This is just comical. I'm not sure if the movie is even worth it at this point.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-19, 22:40   #11240
AmericanAssassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
Another director left the upcoming movie: https://screenrant.com/uncharted-mov...olland-update/

This is just comical. I'm not sure if the movie is even worth it at this point.
I wish they would just cancel it, honestly. Nothing about what I've read screams Uncharted and the casting of Tom Holland was just silly. I don't give a **** about young Drake unless it's in flashbacks. Just let this doomed project die please.
AmericanAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote